Not so weekly news

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliandarkbrood

Jul 29, 2019
This might be a dumb question, but what will happen when a modpack is using a mod with non-default configs, or slightly modified?
Configs are kept separate from the actual mod files, so they will still be kept as per modpack and will be downloaded with each modpack. Any forks of a mod will be considered a separate mod. *Note: not an admin but info is based on experience with mods/modpacks.*

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Oh...

I'm going to be pushing one last update for a few things. I just been waiting for certain fixes. I do have those fixes, now. It's just a matter of when I get to it.

So yes, I will kick one more update just for bug squashes when I get to them.

But that will be it. Period. For 1.6.
do we get one for horizons, too? most of the mods got updates with bugfixes and are outdated.

Reactions: MUSE_iC

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I take it there won't be one last update to Monster?
There has been no news to state that there wont be. Eyemaz has on several occasions stated that 1.7 preparations have been have causing the hold-up.

Personally I would probably argue that that it would be nice to have the 1.6 packs updated and finished while people actually still play them, but I might be biased on that as I am one of those people :p

Reactions: Eyamaz

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking the same thing, finish what u were working on, before starting something new. Currently our server is still running Monster 1.1.1 because the server owner doesnt want to update to 1.1.2 for the silly reason that people would not know how to change to 1.1.2 if its not reccommended.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I've been slightly absent from Minecraft as of late other than trying to maintain direct ports to 1.7.x, and seeing that FTB is going to freeze 1.6 packs has left me considering whether I should continue trying to backport updates/features now that I've gotten that urge to write some new code again. One thing's for sure, I think it's safe to stop worrying about 1.5, at least!

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've been slightly absent from Minecraft as of late other than trying to maintain direct ports to 1.7.x, and seeing that FTB is going to freeze 1.6 packs has left me considering whether I should continue trying to backport updates/features now that I've gotten that urge to write some new code again. One thing's for sure, I think it's safe to stop worrying about 1.5, at least!
I would say it's best to just let 1.6 go at this point. Even Witchery stopped backporting to 1.6, for now at least.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

We already froze them... they frozen like an iceberg...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
IF

:p

Do you or I even know what free time is anymore? Or sleep? ... we need to hire people to sleep for us.

I can do that for you... I'll even be a volunteer at no pay :D

[Edit] Can I order an official "Feed the Beast Lethargy Team First String" sweatshirt? :D

Reactions: Jadedcat

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
628x471.jpg

We already froze them... they frozen like an iceberg...

I think I left my keys in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.