Not so weekly news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, long time no see! First off I'd just like to apologize for the lack of updates for the past few weeks I've been pretty busy with real life stuff so haven't really had time to keep on top of things as much as I would like but I am now mostly back so hopefully we'll start to see some more things going on soon.

Now for the area specific updates:

First up is the launcher, as well as the continued development of the new Curse Client we have been continuing work on our current launcher. This doesn't slow down development of the new client as our current FTB development team can continue work on our current launcher while the Curse developers work on their new client.

We have been working on some fairly major changes for the 1.4 update of the existing launcher. Combined third party and FTB pack listings are gone and replaced with separate tabs for third party and official FTB modpacks. In the future we are planning on changing the process for adding 3rd party packs to this new tab to expand the number of quality packs and play styles available on through the FTB launcher. The main focus of development currently is changing the method that the launcher downloads modpacks. Currently the launcher downloads each modpack as a single zip file. In future, the launcher will download each mod separately. This will save time and bandwidth as it allows the launcher to reuse mods it already has instead of redownloading them each time. Lastly, we have also been refactoring code to allow for upcoming GUI prettification.

On to modpacks. As announced, official 1.6 modpacks have been frozen (other than BloodNBones which may have more updates as needed for bug fixes). Work will now be focused on moving forward toward 1.7.10, testing for mods is continuing via the unstable modpack and by our modpack team. As always there is no ETA for the new modpacks, however rest assured we are working on building new innovative modpacks. More details on 1.7 modpacks can be found here.

Plans toward the first FTB competition are continuing. There will be prizes provided from our sponsors CreeperHost and Curse, details on how you can enter will be available soon!

I think that just about covers everything, I’ll try and answer as many questions as I can in the comments if you would like to know anything.

Laserrobotics

Jul 29, 2019
This might be a dumb question, but what will happen when a modpack is using a mod with non-default configs, or slightly modified?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Cool, thanks for the news update Captainnana. Looking forward to seeing the new launcher changes, they sound quite nice.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Monster is now officially frozen at 1.1.2 with no new upcoming version to fix the remaining major bugs?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
On to modpacks. As announced, official 1.6 modpacks have been frozen (other than BloodNBones which may have more updates as needed for bug fixes). Work will now be focused on moving forward toward 1.7.10, testing for mods is continuing via the unstable modpack and by our modpack team. As always there is no ETA for the new modpacks, however rest assured we are working on building new innovative modpacks. More details on 1.7 modpacks can be found here.

Monster is now officially frozen at 1.1.2 with no new upcoming version to fix the remaining major bugs?

From the "The state of 1.6 modpacks" thread:
Is 1.1.2 the final 1.6 version of monster or can we expect an other bug fix update before you shift to 1.7 only ?
1 more update sometime next week

So as far as I understand it Monster is not quite frozen yet. 1.1.2 contains some major flaws and will not be the final version.

Reactions: Padfoote

MUSE_iC

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope it still is coming along with one for Horizon because that pack didnt even get an update like Monster did.

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Now that RL is calming down for me and I will be getting much much more time to sit down and do what I love (game dev,) it is also time for me to announce the end of 1.6 FTB Official packs. In the next week, I will be releasing an update for all 1.6 FTB Official packs and then having a time of 1 week after for any additional bug fixes mod authors want to put up for us. After that, all 1.6 FTB Official Packs will be frozen.

As of now, I am already looking into 1.7 development as well as talking to a few people about additional tools for modpack creators. I am hoping what we are planning for you meets to your expectations and raises the bar for modpacks overall. iF you are anxious for what is to come, well, so are we.

Notice
1.7 packs are not planned to be released for a few months,
please do not spam the forums asking for ETAs or you will receive a timeout.
~Eya

So, there won't be any update to the existing 1.6 packs? (the bold text)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
@Captainnana @Eyamaz
Ehm we are rather getting some conflicting informations here followed by lack of information. Eyamaz said in the post I quoted earlier that there would be another update for at least Monster within a week (about 3 weeks ago). But then Captainnana links to the very same thread where Eyamaz say this stating there will be no more updates for any of the packs except BnB. So which is it?

Would be nice if we could get some conclusive information on the subject so we can decide whether or not to start updating some of the mods in the modpacks our self or keep waiting for the "final update".

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...

I'm going to be pushing one last update for a few things. I just been waiting for certain fixes. I do have those fixes, now. It's just a matter of when I get to it.

So yes, I will kick one more update just for bug squashes when I get to them.

But that will be it. Period. For 1.6.

Fingorn

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...

I'm going to be pushing one last update for a few things. I just been waiting for certain fixes. I do have those fixes, now. It's just a matter of when I get to it.

So yes, I will kick one more update just for bug squashes when I get to them.

But that will be it. Period. For 1.6.

thanks for clearing things out

Status
Not open for further replies.