Non-renewable Items?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
External could work as long as its...well... infinite! Like wind and water and stuff. I like this definition. Can I put it into the OP?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, you can.

I don't consider wind/sunlight to be "resources", I just think of the generators as magic boxes that generate energy out of nothing, as long as they are placed in the correct environment. It's not like you can ever use up all the sun by placing too many solar panels (although that would be a hilarious "balancing feature").

Water is renewable, therefore there is no need for it as an external input.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
You could use a fusion generator with a quantum chest full of hydrogen and helium to re-ignite it. Because, well, quantum.

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
I think with an Alveary and a Swarmer Plugin the Prinecesses are theoraticly renewable... (I think it maybe possible to farm them, with a huge flat land of blockbreaker, maybe)

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The princesses you get from a swarmer are only temporary. I don't know if they live long enough to spawn another hive, or even if they can do so.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
There are cobweb-throwing rare mobs in Twilight Forest, so those are technically renewable now. I haven't found one myself but I've seen one in a video at about 30:00. Unless those "rare mob" characteristics are from another mod that isn't in FTB packs?

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you renew silverfish stone by placing normal stone next to a silverfish spawner and getting them to retreat back into the stone?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I think swamers would work. They'd get you infinite princesses, these would be like batteries that can't be recharged. The mystcraft effect shouldn't count in this thread. Also, how does silverfish spawn make the stones

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
If you let Silverfish spawn but do not aggro them they will enter stone, cobblestone and stone brick blocks. They can be moved but not picked up.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
And by moved, you mean by portals? Well, what's the point of having it if you can't pick it up anyways? Silverfish drop low amounts of xp, lower than even the normal mobs, not to mention they drop no special items, or have any use outside hurting you. Trying to make a spawner with them is very hard as well, as they're not even a block tall.

I don't think Silverfish blocks should count for anything, as they cannot be picked up. So what's the point? I think I'll remove them from the list altogether, and maybe classify what the prerequisites are. :)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's like Nether Portal, it only exists in the world as a block but can't be obtained into your inventory. So renewable but no item form. But you can move silverfish blocks with pistons and portal gun etc. And yes there isn't much point to it but it's possible.

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
Well like Zelfana said you could use pistons and end up with something like this. [Large generated block of silverfish in Vanilla]
Why would someone use these when they have such low xp, this. [Afk xp grinder in Vanilla]