News update 12-02-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Hello just thought I would give you all a bit of an update on what is going on here at FTB; the big news this week is that development has started on our next big launcher version, launcher v2 which will bring a total redesign of the launcher as well as new features and more customisability.

A new and improved website adding many of the feature requests and improvements that the community requested has also started development recently which we expect to be released in the next few weeks; here is a sneak preview (feedback appreciated):
6dHzLCz.png

In other news work has began on the map for the pax tournament which will be released before pax for anyone wanting to get involved to practice before the tournament. We hope to have the ultimate pack finished soon, which is the best estimate we can give so please don’t ask for us a better one! We are currently waiting for a few mods before we release the ultimate pack, we always try our best to make maps forward compatible however this is not always possible.
Most of your worlds will work between packs as we keep id's the same throughout all our packs so you can change easily if you wish. The best packs for forward compatibility with ultimate pack are Direwolf20 or MindCrack, if you want to use greg tech then we recommend you use the MindCrack pack and if not you should use the Direwolf20 pack, there are also other differences between the packs so you should look at the full mod list for both packs on the launcher before making your decision.

Finally be sure to follow us on twitter here for regular updates about FTB: https://twitter.com/ftb_team

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using the direwolf20 pack and enjoying it. Do you think you could release an "in theory" modlist for the ultimate pack?

balink

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to use a picture similar to the one you have in the mock-up now, I'd suggest using optifine to add mip-mapping and anti-aliasing, so it looks better. Alternatively, you could port the world into some sort of 3D modelling tool to make it much better looking.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If you hope to have the Ultimate pack finished soon are you in a position to at least let us know what mods are included in it?

And if you take RedPower out like some have suggested Slowpoke mentioning on his stream I'm gonna scream so loud Pax will be shut down.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've observed these are the differences between the mindcrack and direwolf20 packs

Mods Mindcrack has and direwolf20 doesnt:
Gregtech
Advanced Solars
Advanced Machines
Petrogen
traincraft

Mods Direwolf20 have and Mindcrack doesn't:
Mystcraft
EE3
Compact Solars
Charge Pads
Gravity gun

I prefer direwolf20 because of mystcraft and EE3 but I would like to try gregtech

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
Looks awesome, but the banner screenshot is kind of meh. Feed the Beast needs some higher quality ones then that!

Kalekemo

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea when the modpacks will be updated next? The mindcrack has a bunch of game crashing errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.