New/Unheard of mods you like

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Try Industrialization. It's in very early development, but it has potential.
Basically the idea behind this mod is to automate things without adding "magic blocks" (like macerators, you just throw ores and power into it and it works) but instead to give room for imagination and creative builds. It feels like it's almost vanilla. Gotta love its ore doubling system!
Also check out Reika's mods (RotaryCraft in particular, that's a big one!). Reika's Expanded Redstone also pairs well with Industrialization.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that I had heard about a couple of months ago but knew very little about until now is super crafting frame. Its crafting frames are really good early game for recipes with unstackable things (like buckets) and annoying but ubiquitous recipes like pistons

Reactions: YX33A and Not_Steve

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Try Industrialization. It's in very early development, but it has potential.
Basically the idea behind this mod is to automate things without adding "magic blocks" (like macerators, you just throw ores and power into it and it works) but instead to give room for imagination and creative builds. It feels like it's almost vanilla. Gotta love its ore doubling system!
Also check out Reika's mods (RotaryCraft in particular, that's a big one!). Reika's Expanded Redstone also pairs well with Industrialization.

Oh, I'm glad that I checked this thread. I just checked out the MCF thread for Industrialization, and it looks so sweet. I can't wait to see where that mod goes.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
It's currently inactive, as nobody's willing to port it to 1.6.

I tried it a while ago by the way, it was a cool mod but I HATED how on startup it would redirect you to the mod's website to download modules. That, and the missing capital letters that occasionally were in item names.
They plan to skip 1.6 and go to 1.7, there's a new dev who seems to be active. The miniscript (small version of weasel) is done, weasel itself is almost done, and the belts I think. Much work needs to done apparently.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No, ICBM will probably never be in a pack unless we specifically make a pack based around war that it would fit in.
The rest of Cal's mods I've been watching/playing with and infrequently say things to him over Twitter about them. 1.7? Maybe, I like the new RI.
Its a shame that Calv has merged the Sentry part of the mod with the rest of the ICBM mod. Only reason I want ICBM is for the sentry turrets, not the explosives. No other mod has achieved a powered technological turret system. Now I'd have to disable virtually the entire mod just for the bit I want, instead of just downloading the Sentry package.

Reactions: PierceSG

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
There is a feature that is in the latest versions of dartcraft that hasn't been documented on the MCF page yet. A clock can be used to upgrade a force rod and it has the ability to speed things up. Dartcraft is a mod that doesn't get enough love in my humble opinion, but the rod of time is a great way of speeding up random world updates manually (and early game). Good for setting up farms, and any manual sort of job. Also, trigger it on hyper mode in an animal pen and have a little giggle.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Its a shame that Calv has merged the Sentry part of the mod with the rest of the ICBM mod. Only reason I want ICBM is for the sentry turrets, not the explosives. No other mod has achieved a powered technological turret system. Now I'd have to disable virtually the entire mod just for the bit I want, instead of just downloading the Sentry package.

Have you used the grenades? While the explosives can be really OP and not useful, I do find the grenades fun for clearing out ravines before I go down into them. Specifically the chemical and incendiary.

Reactions: PierceSG

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I get a conflict between ICBM and Geostrata with the virus effect and geostrata's saturation effect, oddly enough. Not sure why either, ICBM's is configurable and Geostrata's seems to be vanilla.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I get a conflict between ICBM and Geostrata with the virus effect and geostrata's saturation effect, oddly enough. Not sure why either, ICBM's is configurable and Geostrata's seems to be vanilla.

Have you tried changing the potion id's in ICBM to work around the problem? Never used Geostrata in my pack.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I did, seemed it won't change. Same with RotaryCraft seemingly not wanting to allow other mods to default to their own items with B:"Force Inter-Mod Ore Compatibility" config line. Can't get Vintium ore for AM2 and Mimichite gems end up as ones from RotaryCraft that don't work.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
It's been around for a few iterations now, but is currently at alpha stage for 1.6.4, the Clay Soldiers mod.

Anyone who has played and enjoyed the games Darwinia or Multiwinia who haven't already seen it may want to have a look.

Another use for clay once you have built your coke ovens, you can craft it into tiny little soldiers who will fight for your amusement. The little guys can be upgraded with all manner of abilities and can be coloured into different teams.

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
MY reputation precedes me. But it was not intentional. It looks like a cool mod.

It looks cool, but in all honesty, it's quite underwhelming. Boss fights are meh, balance is even worse. You can get to the final bossfight in an hour, if you really want to, and the RNG helps you a bit.

Reactions: Eyamaz