New/Unheard of mods you like

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It looks cool, but in all honesty, it's quite underwhelming. Boss fights are meh, balance is even worse. You can get to the final bossfight in an hour, if you really want to, and the RNG helps you a bit.
I thought it looked cool. I still do. But I take my time, when I have time.

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Its a shame that Calv has merged the Sentry part of the mod with the rest of the ICBM mod. Only reason I want ICBM is for the sentry turrets, not the explosives. No other mod has achieved a powered technological turret system. Now I'd have to disable virtually the entire mod just for the bit I want, instead of just downloading the Sentry package.
Rotarycraft has Railguns and Lasers that can track and autotarget. Played around with them in creative. Reika loves terrain destruction.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft has Railguns and Lasers that can track and autotarget. Played around with them in creative. Reika loves terrain destruction.
True. I like them but if only I could have a choice to limit their terrain destruction capabilities without lowering their damage potential.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sigma85 and RedBoss

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Whoooh. I didn't have internet access for a week, now look at all of this I missed ! ALOT of neat stuff here...Here's my bulk replies...

Moo-Fluids. Need I say more?
Interesting, and hilarious. Not exactly what one would call balanced, but all the config options could change that. Def something different. lol
I'm so glad these made it all the way to 1.6, been using them both since 1.2, the steamship is pretty cheap and was always great to not have your boat break because of a stupid lilypad back in the day. The Airship is great, it uses fuel so its balanced IMO, it has extra storage and shoots arrows ! Its perfect when you don't want to build a huge flying fortress in Archimedes Ships but still want air travel as an option...
Try Industrialization. It's in very early development, but it has potential.-snip-
This mod is really interesting, it is almost vanilla in its implementation, its nice to do something outside of a GUI too, can't wait to see where this goes...
Orespawn.

Just check out the Site. Orespawn.com
This mod is pretty interesting looking as well, I will have to check it out, outside my modpack, it adds quite a bit of stuff, surprised I hadn't heard of it yet...

Botania.
Great theme.
Fun to play.
Good in game docs.
Open source :D
Just a all around great experience :3

THIS mod looks like something altogether unique, I hadn't heard of it yet before either. I'm curious to see where it goes as well. Things like this is why I made this thread in the first place ;)

Then there's Reika's mods, I see RotaryCraft becoming one of the bigger mods out there like so many others that have their own power systems. The models in RotaryCraft are really great, I will need a new PC to play it on any real level unfortunately though. Aside from that, the in game doc, the plethora of different tools and types of tools is just great, Ground Penetrating Radar ? several different turrets ? Ore Processing ? A handgun that uses gravel for ammo ? count me in...And don't forget to check out his ReactorCraft addon for Rot. Craft.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Someone really gotta tell me something about this Mist of rioV. How it plays with other mods and like that.
ww

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's kinda like aether + Divine RPG. Idk for sure though, I haven't played it yet, but I think it's a conversion type mod.

Oh, well. Does it also have the VERY HIGH HP monsters of divine RpG which its own progression making all other mod weapons useless?

(Also if it adds ores can i grind them ^^)

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Oh, well. Does it also have the VERY HIGH HP monsters of divine RpG which its own progression making all other mod weapons useless?

(Also if it adds ores can i grind them ^^)
It kinda has its own progression, but not as ridiculous as DivineaRPG. The most powerful weapon does ~40 damage, no mobs with >1000 hp, but some bosses can have more.
Oh, and Cow - Boss that spawns everywhere and has up to 700 hp
Also mob sounds are quite annoying

Jul 29, 2019
It kinda has its own progression, but not as ridiculous as DivineaRPG. The most powerful weapon does ~40 damage, no mobs with >1000 hp, but some bosses can have more.
Oh, and Cow - Boss that spawns everywhere and has up to 700 hp
Also mob sounds are quite annoying

Thats great. I think i will download it to have a look.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Man, Mists of Riov, Divine RPG and GoG, are all pretty good IMHO. They add alot more challenge to the game, I just tried each individually with the vanilla launcher. Riov and Divine are almost whole new games I think so I am unsure how many mods I want to put with them at the moment. I JUST started a hardcore server with a small band of friends, but I think one of these would be great for SSP RPG ventures. Anyone else have some input on these mods ? As in what might work/not work with them ?

I have a while to build the modpack they will be in because my comp died and it will be at LEAST a week before I can get a working one to play on, so til then I will be looking at the forums with longing eyes and imagining what I will be putting in this new RPG SSP pack I dream of...lol. Good thing I backed up all my FTB modpacks and worlds on DropBox and my brother lets me play on his comp when I am over here or I would be having some serious Minecraft withdrawals...But I don't want to start a new pack and world on here, so I am just sticking to the server when I play on his comp...why am I telling you all this !? I miss my laptop... :(

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, just found a good one I almost forgot about, but somehow can't play without !
Forum Link
Hide The Light (1.6.4)

Ever get tired of your amazing industrial complex having ancient torches as the primary lighting system ?
Or...
Maybe you just want to set up IC2 illuminators because you like the way they look but the light doesn't quite reach the floor or ceilings of your sprawling 250 block tall factory.

Well this mod is one of my favs because it adds a cheap invisible light source you can place anywhere. I like using lights as decoration now without actually worrying about light levels anymore. The wands durability and light level is adjustable in the config.
As it is an aesthetic thing, I usually keep the durability high and dont see it as effecting survival progress unless you just use it to light up massive fields around your base to prevent spawning. Which IS possible, but IMHO quite ugly and dumb. Using it purely for aesthetics, I really like it though...