New/Unheard of mods you like

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
YES I do miss optifines zoom, I dont use optifine because it messes with TiCon and Crafting Suite. So this is great ! Thanks.

Try Mob Dismemberment and Mob Amputation by iChun. I forgot which one it is, but one of them allows you to hack off limbs and heads. Very chaotic, changes attack patterns, can be hilarious and pretty cool as well. Of course, not for the squeamish.
Yes, I have Mob Dis and Amp, they're great, they add that little extra (albeit unnecessary) something. With Zombie Awarenes, there's always blood everywhere ! lol good stuff

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Electro dynamics, the idea seems intresting and an amzing armor mod called EXO that was in developments during last ModJam is being incorporated into it.
http://www.electrodynamicsmod.com/armor/4580048269
This mod looks pretty cool, I hope they finish the site though, I'd like more info...Does it use UE ?
I'm in love with the new Resonant Induction. It all seems so fresh and new and works so well with the other UE mods.
Okay, I am really thinking about switching to UE now...lol...

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
This mod looks pretty cool, I hope they finish the site though, I'd like more info...Does it use UE ?

Okay, I am really thinking about switching to UE now...lol...

Don't switch, use them with your current power source.

Cal's mods deserve more love. RI isn't in any FTB packs right now (although probably because of instability) and Atomic Science isn't included either which is a shame. ICBM is going to be included in an upcoming 3rd party pack. I've got a feeling the only reason MFFS is included in any pack is because it's a remake of an old mod and nostalgia got the better of people.[DOUBLEPOST=1393527098][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm quite found of Gany's mods. If you're using Horizons I recommend searching them in NEI.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Cal's mods deserve more love. RI isn't in any FTB packs right now (although probably because of instability) and Atomic Science isn't included either which is a shame. ICBM is going to be included in an upcoming 3rd party pack. I've got a feeling the only reason MFFS is included in any pack is because it's a remake of an old mod and nostalgia got the better of people.[DOUBLEPOST=1393527098][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm quite found of Gany's mods. If you're using Horizons I recommend searching them in NEI.

No, ICBM will probably never be in a pack unless we specifically make a pack based around war that it would fit in.
The rest of Cal's mods I've been watching/playing with and infrequently say things to him over Twitter about them. 1.7? Maybe, I like the new RI.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
No, ICBM will probably never be in a pack unless we specifically make a pack based around war that it would fit in.
The rest of Cal's mods I've been watching/playing with and infrequently say things to him over Twitter about them. 1.7? Maybe, I like the new RI.

Good to hear you like it.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Can RI and Electrodynamics use IC2 power or RF ?

Electrodynamics has made it's own power system. RI works with EU, RF and MJ along with other UE mods. Stuff like Atomic Science, MFFS, ICBM, Galacticraft, MPS, MPSA, Mad Science, Open Computers and Mekanism (although I'm unsure whether it's ported to RF, but it can still accept EU).

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019

AS is changing a lot as of late. They renamed and redid the way Antimatter worked (used to be strange matter). I like it, but the last build I had was very unstable and the machined werent using power despite it operating like it did. Lots of other little quirks, but need to checkout a newer build to see if it was fixed. I'd really like a fusion power plant for my base soon.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry is a pretty unused bee machine mod.
Not by me, I guarantee you. I felt a bit guilty using it at first but I don't think I could bear tackeling bees without it anymore...
Granted, the models and textures could be a bit improved, but it makes dealing with bees absolutely painless and breeding trees a lot less painful. Combine with an extra bees sequencer and replicator for perfection. You need a decent power network to feed these beasts though, the mutagen producer in particular can suck your reserves dry if you're not careful =)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was called Unique Artifacts mod, I loved the RPG aspect it added to the game but couldn't play a lot with it because of conflicting item IDs. (It basically added magical items/artifacts with different perks and abilities.) (I know there is a way to change the ID of an item but I don't know how...)
Go to the config and there should be an option to change the ids of them.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Not by me, I guarantee you. I felt a bit guilty using it at first but I don't think I could bear tackeling bees without it anymore...
Granted, the models and textures could be a bit improved, but it makes dealing with bees absolutely painless and breeding trees a lot less painful. Combine with an extra bees sequencer and replicator for perfection. You need a decent power network to feed these beasts though, the mutagen producer in particular can suck your reserves dry if you're not careful =)
Just curious, but what do you need the sequencer and replicator for? I admit, I'm a bit lacking in my Extra Bees knowledge, but is it they do that isn't covered by Gendustry again?

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious, but what do you need the sequencer and replicator for? I admit, I'm a bit lacking in my Extra Bees knowledge, but is it they do that isn't covered by Gendustry again?
Replace sequencer with isolator, I mixed them up ^^'
The equivalent machine to the isolator (name I can't recall at the moment) has a 100% chance to kill the bee when pulling a gene. Also apparently (this is something I read and didn't verify) it can only pull species traits from pure bred bees. Finally the way gendustry works pulled genes can only be used once in a template and afaik there is no way to replicate them. What you can do though is convert extra bees serum vials to gendustry genes. As this destroys the serum vial you can probably guess where the replicator comes in =)