New/Unheard of mods you like

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I was going through the listings at CurseForge looking at the massive amount of mods out there. Some are really dumb, others actually look pretty good. So I was thinking, a month ago I'd never heard of Mariculture, and lately its one of my favorite mods out there.

Are there any mods you enjoy that you don't think very many people know about ? Maybe it's new or maybe it just never caught on, but for whatever reason, you can't play without it. I'd like to hear about it !

SGTkuzey

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was called Unique Artifacts mod, I loved the RPG aspect it added to the game but couldn't play a lot with it because of conflicting item IDs. (It basically added magical items/artifacts with different perks and abilities.) (I know there is a way to change the ID of an item but I don't know how...)

Reactions: Sigma85

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I think it was called Unique Artifacts mod, I loved the RPG aspect it added to the game but couldn't play a lot with it because of conflicting item IDs. (It basically added magical items/artifacts with different perks and abilities.) (I know there is a way to change the ID of an item but I don't know how...)
There's a mod called IDFixMinus that will do it for you for the most part. Other than that, most mods have a config file thats lets you adjust item/block IDs. You should never have to give up a mod because of something so simple...

That IS a great mod, it goes great with Better Dungeons and Plunder Rummage. I cant get PR to work lately though...

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
I really like pneumatic craft. You use pressurized air to do ... Things...
lol i was just gonna say that. best, mod, EVAR! you can make elevators, that look like elevators and act like elevators, and make stuff! and the cool iron men- hud helmet thingy! and the vortex gun! and the air cannon! and the pressure chamber! and the assembly line! its the best mod ever, the wiki is here: http://www.minemaarten.com/wikis/pneumaticcraft-wiki/

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I really like pneumatic craft. You use pressurized air to do ... Things...
SEE ! I have NEVER heard of this mod, but after checking out the wiki, its pretty well developed and has alot of cool features. Why have I not heard of this before ? Another one I found not long ago: GokiStats, its like MCMMO for SSP or something, idk but its really cool !

EDIT: DUDE !! That helmet is AMAZING !!! This thread was worth making just for me learning of this mod. wow !

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
the new Resonant Induction, and Japanese mods being esthetic some can be fun to use as decour... but are quite derpy on servers yes Japanese also develop mods on minecraft but most people don't know them outside hamsters and little maids

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
SEE ! I have NEVER heard of this mod, but after checking out the wiki, its pretty well developed and has alot of cool features. Why have I not heard of this before ? Another one I found not long ago: GokiStats, its like MCMMO for SSP or something, idk but its really cool !

EDIT: DUDE !! That helmet is AMAZING !!! This thread was worth making just for me learning of this mod. wow !

did i tell you can use the air cannon as long range artillery?

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
the new Resonant Induction, and Japanese mods being esthetic some can be fun to use as decour... but are quite derpy on servers yes Japanese also develop mods on minecraft but most people don't know them outside hamsters and little maids
We've spoke about Jap mods before, but how do you even know what the mods are about or how to use them ?

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
We've spoke about Jap mods before, but how do you even know what the mods are about or how to use them ?
by dropping by the Japanese minecraft forums and of course understanding japanese but most of the japanese mod devs actually understand english to a degree... but that is if you are limited by the language, but funnily enough the mods they make are kinda a bit more on the self-explanatory side asides unless they are named after by the mod maker them selves. Ironically enough majority of them play the mods we actually know and play probably because of the modpacks, but hopefully once I got the mods I want I'm currently making a modpack with most of their mods that I feel should be "fun" and decorative

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone remember powercraft ? What happened to that mod anyway ?

It's currently inactive, as nobody's willing to port it to 1.6.

I tried it a while ago by the way, it was a cool mod but I HATED how on startup it would redirect you to the mod's website to download modules. That, and the missing capital letters that occasionally were in item names.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
Hah ! How funny the missing capitals drove me crazy as well ! I just thought it was my OCD, lol. Yeah, it may not be the best mod out there, but I think it had some potential, of course all functionality it had is well covered by many many other mods several times over now, but the first time I tried around 1.2.5 (i think), I really liked it at first.

I just learned that using Mariculture, you can make one of those nifty books of your own ! (Like the ones in maric. or TiCon)

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Toched by ichun is pretty fun. You get a rifle that can shoot torches, great for ravines. Also has a torch rocket you can fill with torches and gunpowder and when it launches it goes up and explodes torches all over the landscape at random.

Zoommod is a great utility mod. Anyone who used the zoom function in optifine misses it greatly when they cant use optifine with the current 1.6.4 modpacks (officially anyways). This adds a zoom function that activates with a configurable keystroke. Great for when you just wonder what the hell it is you're seeing far away. Especially good when starting an unfamiliar modpack that may have a lot of "wtf" moments when at a distance.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry is a pretty unused bee machine mod.

I tried meddling with it a bit yesterday, and it's an awesome mod when combined with extra bees.
you can combine bee species together immediatly to get exactly the type of new species you want, for a bit of cost ofcourse
and the automatic apiary with upgrades you can use, yes please

though I do still prefer the extra bees method of getting traits from bees... as the gendustry method requires you to melt down blocks and items, but the extra bees way require you to melt down bees, which makes a bit more sense...

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I tried meddling with it a bit yesterday, and it's an awesome mod when combined with extra bees.
you can combine bee species together immediatly to get exactly the type of new species you want, for a bit of cost ofcourse
and the automatic apiary with upgrades you can use, yes please

though I do still prefer the extra bees method of getting traits from bees... as the gendustry method requires you to melt down blocks and items, but the extra bees way require you to melt down bees, which makes a bit more sense...

Last I saw of their blocks, it looked too unsightly when matched against extra bees machines. I needs my machines to be pretty.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Last I saw of their blocks, it looked too unsightly when matched against extra bees machines. I needs my machines to be pretty.

well, if the block does what I need it to do then I don't really mind how it looks, as I can change the textures of it myself if it really bothers me

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Try Mob Dismemberment and Mob Amputation by iChun. I forgot which one it is, but one of them allows you to hack off limbs and heads. Very chaotic, changes attack patterns, can be hilarious and pretty cool as well. Of course, not for the squeamish.