New to FTB

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I've played stuff on the tekkit launcher for a bit now, but I wanted to give FTB a try, and I'm using Direwolf20's 1.6.4 pack. I am learning my way around the new names for some of the stuff, but for the life of me I can't figure out what to use to transfer things wirelessly, like the old phased pipes or even tesseracts. I'm sure they have a new name for them, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Thermal Expansion still has tesseracts as an option for about mid game. There's also Ender Storage and its Ender Chests, which have three colors to configure between different channels. If you have a large amount of infrastructure, you could also use AE's Quantum Bridges (I think that's the name?) for long distance storage and transport. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but those are the few I remembered off the top of my head.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Padfoote, thanks for the reply. I am looking at the tesseract frame requirements and it looks like the recipe has been made a little tougher to find materials for, like enderium being the big one. At the moment I have diamonds more than i have ender parts; have phased pipes been removed in their entirety? I'm trying to move lava to power my quarry and it's proving very irritating. Thanks again!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
As Wekmor said, Ender Tanks are the way to go for liquid transfer. And the phased pipes I've honestly never heard of. Do you know which mod it was that added them?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
For a "Point A to Point B" instantaneous transport, I don't think so. But if you want to move large amounts of lava at a time, Thermal Expansion Portable Tanks and OpenBlocks Tanks are a possibility. You will just have to manually move them and fill them if you don't have a pumping station setup.

Edit: Just looked through NEI in game and didn't see the mod or those pipes.

Last edited:

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
transfer things wirelessly you have AE's quantum bridge, Ender Storage, TE's Tesseract provided you configured them correctly (as the expensiveness of of tesseracts have been given a buff that they can now either accept and receive power, fluid and items without loss) plus do take note tesseracts can not accept items straight from an inventory you would need itemducts for them to work or you can do this in a silly yet creative manner with portal guns

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Phased pipes/Teleport pipes are from Advanced Buildcraft Objects(ABO), however I don't think this has ever been in an FTB pack so asking about them here isn't going to work(if a mod isn't in FTB it doesn't exist for most people on here)...

Easiest way will be to use an Ender Tank if you want to move lava, to get Ender Pearls put 4 iron in a crafting grid with a minium stone(use NEI for the recipe pattern) and you'll get an ender pearl.

Oh and WELCOME!!!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes, all the teleport pipes are gone. However, they're replaced with the superior Ender Tanks, which can receive lava directly from a pump as well as automatically eject by right-clicking the disk on the front, saving a lot of piping.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, all the teleport pipes are gone. However, they're replaced with the superior Ender Tanks, which can receive lava directly from a pump as well as automatically eject by right-clicking the disk on the front, saving a lot of piping.

Ender tanks are not completely 'superior' to phased pipes, they have a set number of configs with the dyes which can be a pain in multiplayer and they cannot be hidden with panels. Also they do not look as 'clean' as pipes, the one extra pipe needed for the teleport pipe is a small price for me.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
if you can afford you can get AE's add on called extra cells which adds FLUID SUPPORT to AE and with the quantum bridge you can wirelessly get all of your fluids from base to base works interdimensionally as well

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I just hide it by using Railcraft Tanks to push into, and then I just hide the tank on top of the tank. And the other end of the line, I just don't look at it often enough for it to matter.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys thanks for all the replies, I'm back with another question though haha. I'm trying to make a dimensional/world anchor, but the only one I see by that name is the World Anchor from railcraft, which needs you to feed in tons of ender pearls. Is there another block that does the same thing, or am I once again at the entrance to my ender bottleneck? Thanks again in advance!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, the Chunkloader is better, and only takes one ender pearl. Or make it, then surround it with 8 ender pearls to get 10 spot loaders which load single chunks only, and can be very useful for keeping a single chunk mob farm going.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys back again, hehe. I'm trying to work with MFFS, the biometric identifier in particular. The issue seems to be that it won't turn on. Like via the redstone torch button on it's gui. Is this disabled in this modpack version?