New to FTB

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. Maybe I'm just not asking the right question here. What is the endgame renewable power option in this modpack? I don't know if DW20 is a masochist, or just doesn't care because things only have to work for the span of a youtube segment, but being a slave to changing pumps in the nether for my RF is becoming a real chore. I feel like I'm either stuck with a biofuel farm or solar, and maybe it's just me but that seems very shortsighted to only include two options like that when putting together a modpack.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Tree farms, biofuel, solar, reactors (which aren't really renewable without bees), steam, and TE3 reactant dynamos are the only renewable ones I can think of off the top of my head for endgame power. If you feel like adding mods, I would recommend Mekanism and / or Blood Magic for power. Mekanism provides a very strong power generation option in the Hydrogen Generators, windmills, and solar panels, and Blood Magic provides the option of unlimited lava for some life essence.

SawBlade

Jul 29, 2019
+1 vote for Blood Magic. My delicious blood meats powered steam dynamos + quarry works just fine. Lava pumping station also working well. You could also grow magical crops coal for power...a bit slower but an option.

Reactions: Padfoote

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much SynfulChaot, that's exactly what I needed! Thanks again for the other suggestions guys, thankfully these nodes allow me to use the infrastructure I'd already invested tons of resources into.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Just play the game, no need to ask the community to backseat game for you.

EDIT:
Thanks guys. Maybe I'm just not asking the right question here. What is the endgame renewable power option in this modpack? I don't know if DW20 is a masochist, or just doesn't care because things only have to work for the span of a youtube segment, but being a slave to changing pumps in the nether for my RF is becoming a real chore. I feel like I'm either stuck with a biofuel farm or solar, and maybe it's just me but that seems very shortsighted to only include two options like that when putting together a modpack.
Literally everything is renewable in modded Minecraft.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Conduits directly change RF to MJ, no need to use EU nodes, though they're incredibly useful anyway. Dire tends to work on inexplicably complex solutions to relatively simple problems. (I have zero room to talk.) He's actually doing things the hard way on purpose in his LP, to show off the mods.

If you want renewable RF, Railcraft Boilers feeding into TE3 steam Dynamos are the best option. A solid fueled High-Pressure Boiler eats a lot of charcoal, but supports 9 Steam Dynamos. No need for piping either, just place them against the tank.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
36HP should support up to 18 Steam Dynamos/Industrial Steam Engines, or was the output lowered by that much after the change?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk