New to FTB

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Hey padfoote, I've taken a look at the wiki page with no luck unfortunately. I can't even place any blank cards inside the gui, or seem to interact with the gui at all for that matter. The only thing I seem to be able to do it place and remove the block, and edit the channel that it operates on. Thanks again for all your help, you've been awesome.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What version of the DW20 pack are you on? I'm running 1.0.11 and (as far as I can tell) have full control over the biometric identifier. I was able to add cards and modify the options in the GUI. I would try updating your pack if you aren't on the newest version and see if that fixes it for you.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Do you happen to know if updating the server will break my current world? I'm running a smp server for my friends and they'll all hate me if the world gets ruined by updating haha. But yes, I'm running an older modpack version.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It depends. I know there were some changes with BoP that lead to some weird issues with leaves, but if you're running a server on 1.0.8 and above, you should be good to update. Here's a link to the post about the BoP update warning.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Alright I got the server up to .11, but I am back with yet another question :p I can't seem to get tesseracts to accept items from quarries or anything else really. BC pipes seem like they connect, but then items just spew out all over the place. The same thing with itemducts or whatever they're called. Is there something I'm doing wrong? The tesseracts are set to accept and receive respectively. Thanks again for all your help!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
IIRC, BC pipes will not output to tesseracts, however itemducts should be outputting. Can you post a picture of your setup, as well as the tesseract GUI?

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my setup, there is usually redstone conduit inbetween the quarry and tesseract[DOUBLEPOST=1390010518][/DOUBLEPOST]and the gui

Attachments

• 2014-01-17_18.54.32.png
    2014-01-17_18.54.32.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2014-01-17_18.56.36.png
    2014-01-17_18.56.36.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 62

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is the duct taking in items? If not, add a servo and configure it or just get a lever next to. Other than that, your setup appears correct.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up having to go BC pipes > chest > itemduct > tesseract. The itemducts wouldn't take stuff out of the quarry, I guess, even with a redstone signal and everything.

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up having to go BC pipes > chest > itemduct > tesseract. The itemducts wouldn't take stuff out of the quarry, I guess, even with a redstone signal and everything.
just note quarry isnt an inventory handler hence why the item duct doesnt connect so just a simple chest is good enough

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I didn't realize that's what the itemducts were for haha. I am having trouble with the latest update (i'm running .11) keeping power flowing through my tesseracts in the overworld when I'm not in the nether (where my engines are). Is there something different that I'm not doing now?[DOUBLEPOST=1390120377][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and thanks again for all the help!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I didn't realize that's what the itemducts were for haha. I am having trouble with the latest update (i'm running .11) keeping power flowing through my tesseracts in the overworld when I'm not in the nether (where my engines are). Is there something different that I'm not doing now?
This sounds like a lack of chunk loaders. If you want things in the overworld to run while you're in the nether (and vice versa), you will need to chunk load the things you want running. The most commonly used one is Chickenbone's "chunk loader" from ChickenChunks.

Press F9 twice to see chunk boundaries (this is a feature of NEI) and place it in a central chunk of what you want loaded. Open the GUI on it to turn on the "lasers" that will show you which chunks it will keep loaded, and change the size to match your needs.

Note that a few devices chunk load themselves, with two of the notable ones being Buildcraft's quarry and Extra Util's enderthermic pump.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Hi tristram. I do/did have chunk loaders, they seemed to work fine until the most recent update I did, at which point my pumps seem to stop pumping lava when I am not in the nether. Maybe my chunk boundaries are not big enough? Also my magmatic dynamos are finally unable to keep up with the power I'm draining, are there any tutorials with the new TE values that I could use to compare what my end-tier options are? Finally, I also noticed that in the updates to direwolf20, Universal Electricity was added, but I don't see the ability to use some of the blocks that come with that core. Is there a way to manually add that to the modpack, or am I missing something and it's already there? Thanks again guys, you all are awesome.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Try breaking and replacing your pumps. That's usually the best trouble shooting solution when something goes wrong.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I don't think that the UE core adds any blocks, and that it only contains the code required for the energy net for other mods to use. As for the tutorials, are you looking for how much RF is put out by each dynamo? If so, it's a standard 80 RF/t.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veryance

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks padfoote, I'm not sure where to go to compare my options. What is the best way to generate renewable RF? I'm currently working on a biofuel plant, but it's proving to be a little cumbersome/complicated. Are there other alternatives? I was considering solar power + electrical engines, but I feel like they are really inefficient, plus I'm already running on close to 100 magmatic dynamos, so I'm hoping for something that isn't as space intensive. Thanks again for all your help!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Personally, I use a Factorization solar farm with a tesseract hooked to the top to transport the steam to some steam dynamos. The downsides being the massive startup cost of silver and the large amount of room needed.

Reactant dynamos might be another option for renewable energy, but I haven't used them before and haven't found any sort of documentation on them so far.

If you have installed other mods, or are willing to, take a look at Mekanism for power gen. That's what I'm using in my current world, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Also, Big Reactors is another option. It takes a little bit of space (not like 100 dynamos though), but can produce some large amounts of RF if setup correctly.

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried adding in some mods, but whenever I try to load minecraft it just crashes to desktop. I assume there's something else I need to do to get them to work? Also, is there anything that produces more RF than dynamos? If all dynamos produce 80RF/tick, I feel like I'm pretty much doing as well as I can, excepting adding more dynamos (of any type). I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given me, you're a total bro.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Which mods did you try to add? Some of them need different libraries. For example, Thermal Expansion has it's functionality primarily built on CofH Core, so it won't function without it. The best way to find out is to hunt down their topic on the minecraft forums to find out if they rely on something you don't have installed. Just be sure to extract from the other FTB packs.

Big Reactors is a mod I've seen a lot of people say is good for producing lots of power.