New Thermal Expansion functionality/item: Tesseracts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I believe we're confusing 'ease of use' (installing, configing, and number of glitches) with 'ease of mechanics' (lol collector flowers)

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
No no mod-wise and modpack-wise I completely agree with you. Easier = better. I was merely using what you said to make a joke. :D

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
It's also incredibly easy for me to switch NEI into cheats mode. But I don't.

I do turn cheese (aka. nether lava) into iron via tesseracts and EE3, but I need all the iron I can get to build lots of tanks, so I don't feel bad about that.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
It's also incredibly easy for me to switch NEI into cheats mode. But I don't.

I do turn cheese (aka. nether lava) into iron via tesseracts and EE3, but I need all the iron I can get to build lots of tanks, so I don't feel bad about that.

Don't worry in the end for large project we all have to turn to something semi cheesy or take years. I don't like pumping the neither dry to turn lava into gold. But I gotta do it if I want to get my morthership done sometime this year.

I think it is the order in what makes you come to that answer. If you try other methods and fail and end up with the cheese being the only reasonable way out in the end. At lest you tried other methods first.

You know instead of just covering the world in solar cells and making everything from UU mater for instance.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, try a tier 5 soul shard zombie pigman farm. SO MUCH GOLD. FZ Packagers turn the whole thing into blocks and fills a barrel+ a day.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, try a tier 5 soul shard zombie pigman farm. SO MUCH GOLD. FZ Packagers turn the whole thing into blocks and fills a barrel+ a day.

I actually have one of those now. I've turned off my lava pump and have switched to that. Saddly the neither already has a huge scar from my work. but if you look at my recent Mothership post you can see there is a barrel in my line for gold.

One of the reason I'm slow on my build is I had to side track to upgrade shards to tier 5. But right now my mob reactor has tier 5 for Pigman, enderman, skeletons, zombies, cow, sheep, chicken, and blazes. The passive mobs took the longest time to be honest everything else was about an hour or two each. I might expand the reactor for spiders and pigs but not sure. and I would kill for a witch but I have yet to find any on my world.

Reactions: EternalDensity

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
You know instead of just covering the world in solar cells and making everything from UU mater for instance.
mater.jpg

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I've been following this thread and finally finished my MJ power system last night, including some redstone energy storage, two energy tesseracts, and two item tesseracts (anticipating setting these up for use with my quarry). I'm loving Thermal Expansion, thanks for it!

I have 2/3rds of my quarry power/item system working, but I can't figure out the Item Tesseracts. I have seen screenshots of the sending Item Tesseract attached directly to a quarry (easy enough), but what happens on the receiving end? I couldn't get BC pipes to connect to the receiver, and the TE wiki didn't really address this as far as I could find.

Thanks!

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
I've been following this thread and finally finished my MJ power system last night, including some redstone energy storage, two energy tesseracts, and two item tesseracts (anticipating setting these up for use with my quarry). I'm loving Thermal Expansion, thanks for it!

I have 2/3rds of my quarry power/item system working, but I can't figure out the Item Tesseracts. I have seen screenshots of the sending Item Tesseract attached directly to a quarry (easy enough), but what happens on the receiving end? I couldn't get BC pipes to connect to the receiver, and the TE wiki didn't really address this as far as I could find.

Thanks!

It works fine, it's just a quirk with BC pipes - the items will transfer without issue. I'm hacking around it in the next version; I can't really call it a "fix" as it's basically a kludge. Oh well.

Reactions: Greyed and AlanEsh

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
It works fine, it's just a quirk with BC pipes - the items will transfer without issue. I'm hacking around it in the next version; I can't really call it a "fix" as it's basically a kludge. Oh well.
Good to know, thanks for the quick response!

/edit
Oh one more question -- which sides of the Item Tesseract receiver can I pull items from? I noticed the Energy Tesseract seems to only let you pull energy from the bottom(?) or else that apparent behavior was my mistake and solved by some other change I made.

smittyboi

Jul 29, 2019
I dont quite understand this, I cant find any kind of documentation on tesseracts. Would anyone be able to help me out?

I'm trying to set up a remote quarry using these tesseracts which would work really well except the items instead of going into the tesseract they spew out everywhere. I want to know is there an actual cap to the amount of items the tesseracts send or am I doing something wrong?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Did you set a signal for the tesseract? You need two tesseracts, one sending and the other receiving, on the same signals and same privacy settings to transport items.

smittyboi

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm using the tesseracts properly seeing as my energy tesseract powers the quarry but the item tesseract doesnt seem to accept items, they just shoot into the air.

PS: thanks for the fast reply

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You are doing something wrong. The tesseract is likely not connected properly to its other side (in which case it will refuse to accept items or connect to any pipes or inventories).

- Give each end the same frequency, and most importantly, hit the green checkmark to confirm or it won't work.
- Even with the same frequency, if you set one end to public and the other to private, it won't work.
- Also make sure that the sending end isn't set to "receive only" or vice-versa, or it won't work.
- The destination side needs a valid pipe (tubes won't work) or inventory with space in it to output to. If the destination side has no valid inventory or pipe to output to, the input side will disconnect all pipes and source inventories as well, causing the quarry to barf all over the place.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much that.

I just tested a simple setup of a quarry next to an energy tesseract and an item tesseract and on the receiving tesseracts put a diamond chest right next to it and the quarry was working just fine.

Another thing to mention, if you want to feed the items into a tube network for sorting you have to put a relay next to the receiving tesseract.

smittyboi

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so i knew this would all be brought up so i did thorough testing of it, i tried setting the item tesseract up on every accessible side of the quarry double checking the configuration of both tesseracts (both on frequency 101 and set to private and one set to send and the other to receive of course both are set up properly) i even tried messing with the redstone inputs, didnt help... so i put the item tesseract 2 blocks away from the quarry and piped some transport pipes (the not so good buildcraft ones) when the items got to the tesseract it looked like maybe 2 items went through then it started spewing everywhere (i cannot guarantee that any items actually went through im just saying it looked like it.

The receiving end of the tesseract is my sorting setup which i am sure works so that the chest receiving the items always has enough room.[DOUBLEPOST=1362046289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty much that.

I just tested a simple setup of a quarry next to an energy tesseract and an item tesseract and on the receiving tesseracts put a diamond chest right next to it and the quarry was working just fine.

Another thing to mention, if you want to feed the items into a tube network for sorting you have to put a relay next to the receiving tesseract.
What speed were you sending energy to your quarry?