New site

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really liking all of the features on the website. My only real complaint right now: clicking to the forums and having to click forum again to direct away from the two, I'm guessing, stickied threads.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The site is smooth and easy on the eye, I like it. Like Ashzification said the link to forums doesn't go to the forums is a niggle.

Also the mod list is way off there's tons of mods/add ons missing and also ones on there which are not currently in the pack.

Mods on the page but not in the pack - RedPower, SecretRooms, EE3, gregs Lighting, wireless redstone

Mods/add ons in the pack not on the page - Advanced machines, Advanced Solar Panels, extra bees, Factorization, Forge IRC, gravi Suite, IC2 Nuclear Control, Inventory Tweaks, MFFS, Obsidiplates, thermal expansion, GregTech and Twilight Forest.

Whilst most of the missing ones above are addons it would be an incentive to potential players and server owners to list them all and make FTB more appealing.

Perhaps also include a (tba) "To Be Added" on mods on the page not currently in the pack.

There also needs to be a warning about RP and EE3 (not sure if it applies to EE3) that both these mods require a world regen so starting a server right now is almost a test server to be redone at a later date when RP and EE get added.

Westiex

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower will require world gen - from what I've heard on these forums (and from what I've seen so far) EE3 will not

Most of the stuff that RP uses except for one or two ores (nikolite being one) is used in other mods. That can be generated using Mystcraft or simply moving far enough away from spawn.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
RP is missing : Nikolite, marble and basalt.
Xycraft is still missing two. This will need more ore's to generate
And Thaumcraft will generate in a already made map.

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
It needs a wiki. Yes, a wiki for the FTB launcher itself, the modpack contents and various useful information.

Sorry, but a forum is great for discussion... not for hosting crowd sourced knowledge.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to become the authoritative source for mod interaction, or as the wiki for the mod authors (rather than them having to host their own)... although if they don't it's easy to link to whichever wiki they have chosen.

Has anyone approached Curse to see if they'd sponsor?

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
It needs a wiki. Yes, a wiki for the FTB launcher itself, the modpack contents and various useful information.

Sorry, but a forum is great for discussion... not for hosting crowd sourced knowledge.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to become the authoritative source for mod interaction, or as the wiki for the mod authors (rather than them having to host their own)... although if they don't it's easy to link to whichever wiki they have chosen.

Has anyone approached Curse to see if they'd sponsor?
We're currently working on an official wiki for the FTB pack. It is an astounding volume of work, but I can assure you it will be a great resource when complete.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
cant wait for the FTB wiki. I know the wiki team will do a good job on it just like the rest of the FTB team has done a good job on everything else so far.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
We're currently working on an official wiki for the FTB pack. It is an astounding volume of work, but I can assure you it will be a great resource when complete.
Glad to know a good team was picked. If you need any extra help with things let me know ;)

kells117

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I hear you guys might be requesting people to write articles on that if I am correct
If you need help with that where will I post the requested articles?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
About the out-of-date list of mods on the site:
You know how in the FTB launcher, when you click on a modpack you can see the list of the mods in that pack? It would be nice if that information could be used directly on the site so that there's automatically an up to date list of the mods. Once it's set up, it doesn't need to be changed, since it will automatically change when the pack changes. That also means the list will be accessible by players without having to have the launcher open, since the list isn't visible while playing.

pcWIZrd67

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I would love to see the mod list on the main page be a comparison table. All the mods listed down the left side, all the mod packs across the top, and a simple mark on the table to show if the mod is in that pack.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, I would love to see the mod list on the main page be a comparison table. All the mods listed down the left side, all the mod packs across the top, and a simple mark on the table to show if the mod is in that pack.
The problem with that is that not all the packs have the same mod versions, so a version number would be needed rather than a simple mark.

Evelyn Rose

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an issue with downloading it. none of the links will work, and i made sure i had the correct java version by uninstalling java then re-installing it and restarting my browser, so it seems its not an issue. it keeps saying "the server cannot find the file specified"