New RF Mod (In Progress Looking for Suggestions)

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

In this add-on I plan to add more fun and unique things to with the RF Power system. For make some tools, with 4 tiers.The tools will include a version of the each basic tool and I will add some neutral tools that aren't tiered such as a bow, sheer and fishing rod (I also have an idea for a projectile launcher that has modes for snowballs enderpearls and fire charges). As well as that I am planning on adding plenty of new machines, which will basically make a whole new tier of tech. On top of that I also plan on adding a jetpack. Not a bunch of jetpacks just one. It will work like a gravisuite jetpack with height lock and a feature I plan to add, a glider.
World-gen I think I am going to add the basic metals included in most mods tin, copper, lead and maybe I will add another one later on. I am only going to try to keep all other world gen to a minimal.

Please post some feedback!

Last edited:

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how feasable this is, but another tier of TE stuff in general? I need to store 500 million rf, not a measly 50m. I need conduits that can do 100k rf/t per connection, and a cell to allow that. I mean that would be some really cool endgame stuff. "Ender Laced Conduits" anyone?

Reactions: RealSketch

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how feasable this is, but another tier of TE stuff in general? I need to store 500 million rf, not a measly 50m. I need conduits that can do 100k rf/t per connection, and a cell to allow that. I mean that would be some really cool endgame stuff. "Ender Laced Conduits" anyone?
Well this is completely feasible as I would know because I have looked at the TE3 API. Also the tiered stuff is for easier and more enjoyable progression. I also plan on doing some end game stuff will conduits and things but not for the first update. And the tier 4 tools will be end game like tools.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Vanadium redox battery? The two fluids could be energized Glowstone and molten redstone.
Larger tanks
Early game energy conduits 10 rf/t made with six stone and 3 copper nuggets
Something that processes stone straight to gravel 100%

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is completely feasible as I would know because I have looked at the TE3 API. Also the tiered stuff is for easier and more enjoyable progression. I also plan on doing some end game stuff will conduits and things but not for the first update. And the tier 4 tools will be end game like tools.
I hope they are world destroying tools, like the bound pickaxe from blood magic in world destroyer mode. Stuff that acts sorta like a red morning star from ee2 (without the massive op ness) with suitebly endgame costs. And please a t2 energetic infuser, or some sort of upgrade system, because that thing is god-awful slow.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I hope they are world destroying tools, like the bound pickaxe from blood magic in world destroyer mode. Stuff that acts sorta like a red morning star from ee2 (without the massive op ness) with suitebly endgame costs. And please a t2 energetic infuser, or some sort of upgrade system, because that thing is god-awful slow.
World destroying yes but my idea of costs may be a bit high for some people. Sounds like you'd be fine though.
Vanadium redox battery? The two fluids could be energized Glowstone and molten redstone.
Larger tanks
Early game energy conduits 10 rf/t made with six stone and 3 copper nuggets
Something that processes stone straight to gravel 100%
The battery idea sounds cool and the early game conduits, though I think are ideas of cost are different. I am thinking iron and redstone for them because stone is illogical.[DOUBLEPOST=1398997522][/DOUBLEPOST]
. And please a t2 energetic infuser, or some sort of upgrade system, because that thing is god-awful slow.

Ya I had that idea when I first made this thread. I am thinking about t2 and t3 version of the energetic infuser.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
lThe battery idea sounds cool and the early game conduits, though I think are ideas of cost are different. I am thinking iron and redstone for them because stone is
The point of them is that you can make them before you get redstone. I like to take early game easy and just use xu survivalist generators (2 or 3). Except to make leadstones I need redstone which makes it post-iron. Once I go post iron the game loses a lot of its appeal IMO.

New idea
Configurable generator. Good for early through late game. Consumes furnace fuel. At higher tier makes energy at a faster pace but consumes more fuel per rf. You need upgrades to allow it to consume more quickly/produce more energy. Higher the energy output means lower efficiency

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The point of them is that you can make them before you get redstone. I like to take early game easy and just use xu survivalist generators (2 or 3). Except to make leadstones I need redstone which makes it post-iron. Once I go post iron the game loses a lot of its appeal IMO.

New idea
Configurable generator. Good for early through late game. Consumes furnace fuel. At higher tier makes energy at a faster pace but consumes more fuel per rf. You need upgrades to allow it to consume more quickly/produce more energy. Higher the energy output means lower efficiency
I think the late game will consist of more complex generators to meet your power needs but for early game that is a good idea.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I really like to see mods started adding models for their tools, instead of a texture.
but that'd require some extra work to create the models and properly texture them

I always dislike how slow the energetic infuser is. if possible I would like another tier for the energetic infuser which can charge multiple tools at once, at a faster rate and can internally store more power.

and I'm guessing with a new tier of machines you probably mean something similar to the advanced machines mods for IC2?
if so, are you planning on giving the user the option to add upgrades to an existing machine, or will you create a new upgraded machine?
if you're planning on adding a new machine, please don't make it so you need to apply a redstone signal for the machines to keep running... I always hated that with IC2

and something I hoped that TE would've added, but hasn't (yet) is the option to use a flux tool in an activator, and if you were to add an activated battery along with the flux tool, the flux tool would automatically recharge itself in the activator

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@Yusunoha I find it very fast for me since I attach it directly to my tesseract which have 13k RF/t running right into another tesseract from a BR Reactor Turbine. But I do find it slow if I use conduits to send power into it.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I love the concept, as TE is one of my fav mods & just does what it is meant too, with little messing about, but the down side is it is slow at processing at times, the fix is to build more machines for each task, so a new t4 set of machines to bring it up to ic type levels of speed/production would be great, this is one I will be watching, gl & tia for all the work your going to do :).

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I really like to see mods started adding models for their tools, instead of a texture.
but that'd require some extra work to create the models and properly texture them

I always dislike how slow the energetic infuser is. if possible I would like another tier for the energetic infuser which can charge multiple tools at once, at a faster rate and can internally store more power.

and I'm guessing with a new tier of machines you probably mean something similar to the advanced machines mods for IC2?
if so, are you planning on giving the user the option to add upgrades to an existing machine, or will you create a new upgraded machine?
if you're planning on adding a new machine, please don't make it so you need to apply a redstone signal for the machines to keep running... I always hated that with IC2

and something I hoped that TE would've added, but hasn't (yet) is the option to use a flux tool in an activator, and if you were to add an activated battery along with the flux tool, the flux tool would automatically recharge itself in the activator
For 3d tools I don't think I will do that since I am a horrible techne modeler but if someone else can do it I will put it in the mod. Also the enderpearl, snowball launcher I mentioned earlier with have a 3d model.

I am adding new tiers of the energatic infuser which I may add more inventory slots to I am just not sure how I will incorporate this yet like how to make it work (I can code it fine).

So I am adding upgrades for machines and tiering them. Overall it you will be able to achieve the same speed from upgrading a machine with upgrades then as you would by getting the better tier but the next tier will have maybe an extra inventory slot or be a ton more power efficient.

As for the activator not sure if this will be possible yet if not I think I will make an advanced activator or something.[DOUBLEPOST=1399026651][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love the concept, as TE is one of my fav mods & just does what it is meant too, with little messing about, but the down side is it is slow at processing at times, the fix is to build more machines for each task, so a new t4 set of machines to bring it up to ic type levels of speed/production would be great, this is one I will be watching, gl & tia for all the work your going to do :).
Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1399026687][/DOUBLEPOST]
Higher Tier machines that are multi-blocks?
Possible but gregeroiusT is doing this now so I don't want to copy his idea. I'll see how his turn out.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Possible but gregeroiusT is doing this now so I don't want to copy his idea. I'll see how his turn out.
It's not a new idea, anyone can do it. Railcraft has lots of Multiblock machines for a long time.

I personally feel that these higher tier machines should be larger than the 1x1x1 block, instead of "compressing" more materials and functionality into the same 1x1x1 block. Gets a bit boring if everything is just a block.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a new idea, anyone can do it. Railcraft has lots of Multiblock machines for a long time.

I personally feel that these higher tier machines should be larger than the 1x1x1 block, instead of "compressing" more materials and functionality into the same 1x1x1 block. Gets a bit boring if everything is just a block.
That's exactly what Greg is doinmulti block machines for higher tiers. I don't want to copy his ideas or make him mad for e time being.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
My only problem with this is, I have all these already.
EnderIO for better energetic infusers
ExtraUtils for more generators
Simply Jetpacks for Jetpacks
Mekanism for Huge one block batteries
Redstone Arsenal for flux tools.
That said, you should still try and I wish you the best of luck!

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
We def need upgradeable machines

In my opinion, they should be configurable multiblocks (ex: pulveriser casing, battery casing (stores +x RF), heat casing (+x speed but requires X RF/t to "heat" it) cool casing (requires water, reduce rf/t and speed) slot casing (extrabslot) etc...)

And making late game multiblocks is not copying greg in any way

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
just thought of something.... POTATO GUNS!!
tBmtYEJ.png

it'd be a low tier grenade launcher which fires tuberous flux capacitors, and when it hits it'll release an energetic field which will electrolyze nearby enemies, so basically a grenade launcher with an area of effect

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
World destroying yes but my idea of costs may be a bit high for some people. Sounds like you'd be fine though.

Your signature proclaims that you are a gregtech user. People are going to understand ^^ that :p