NEW Modpack currently under construction

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you want to see the pack "MonsterRebourn"

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Classic_Utez

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone.

Does anyone remember or still play the 1.6.4 pack "Monster"

Tired of the old way to do things?

I am currently working on a 1.7.10 version of the pack with some added features {New mods} and some lost features {mods that were never updated}.

I will be calling the pack "MonsterRebourn"

If anyone could provide me a way to upload it to the third party pack list with a link it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Classic

**If any mod Does not wish for this pack to be uploaded please let me know in a private message.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Just gonna through in my 1p...

Monster was horribly laggy, had a lot of mods that many people didn't use, and (correct me if I am wrong mods) even members of the FTB team realized quite quickly that it wasn't a smart move on their part.

Reactions: RedBoss

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Just gonna through in my 1p...

Monster was horribly laggy, had a lot of mods that many people didn't use, and (correct me if I am wrong mods) even members of the FTB team realized quite quickly that it wasn't a smart move on their part.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Monster the "Almost Everything" pack that everyone was asking for since Ultimate was split to create Unleashed and Unhinged?

They got what they asked for... More lag to complain about :D

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
If I recall correctly, wasn't Monster the "Almost Everything" pack that everyone was asking for since Ultimate was split to create Unleashed and Unhinged?

They got what they asked for... More lag to complain about :D
Yeah, that's right. But the "add all the things" mentality means more things to go wrong.

Classic_Utez

Jul 29, 2019
The Pack I am creating is not anything like Infinity. Its going to have every available mod that monster had {Updated} +some. Right now all the mods I have installed equal to about 120 mods. Which is standard for modpacks currently

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
The Pack I am creating is not anything like Infinity. Its going to have every available mod that monster had {Updated} +some. Right now all the mods I have installed equal to about 120 mods. Which is standard for modpacks currently
It's not standard, and most people would struggle to run that.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Try trimming it down--I'm pretty sure there were some in Monster that everyone hated.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Depends on the mods really. I do see the point though.

I very much enjoyed Monster, once I removed some of the mods that I just didn't use. Some of the mods that made Monster awesome have changed though. Geostrata added awesome crystals and new stone types. Now the crystals are part of Chromaticraft which is another magic mod.

The mods I ended up disabling were:
Advanced Genetics
Agriculture
CompactWindmills
CraftHeraldry
Dye Trees (Also now part of Chromaticraft)
MagicalCrops
QuarryPlus
Sync
Zan's Minimap

They were all mods that either didn't add anything to single player, or didn't fit the style of play I wanted. Even so, if I'm patient, the pack still features quite significant balance issues. I suspect Monster is one big reason for Reika taking the Nerf hammer quite liberally to Rotarycraft. Ultimately though, that's fine. It's the big kitchen sink packs that show off a lot of these balance issues and inconsistencies.

I tend to treat Kitchen Sinks as starting points. Mod Packs with things to trim out. Here's a huge list. I can go through and turn off what I don't want without ruining the balance or breaking the sequence required for an HQM or reaching space in one of the Galacticraft focus packs.

The only other problem that Monster faced that Ultimate didn't, was lack of challenge. End of the day, this was entirely the due to the presence or lack of Gregtech of all things. IC2 was the central focus mod for Ultimate, and Gregtech made it harder to get into and gave the pack more meat. There was always another hurdle to overcome another step up the chain of progression. Monster's challenge fell off pretty quickly. Don't mistake me. GT was grindy. But you were at least grinding towards something.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Monster was my first introduction to modded Minecraft, and it will always hold a place in my heart. That said, as a complete noob I raped that pack in no time flat. As much as I love the idea of "Add All The Things!", balance can't take the weight (nor can my potato of a computer). Cross mod exploits were everywhere, allowing for invincibility, infinite resources, and limitless power within an hours work if you were determined.

Infinity (in its original iteration) reminded me of a more balanced version of Monster, and if you shaved a bit here, tucked a little there, and added Reika's suite of mods, it felt similar. In both cases, I viewed the pack as a wonderful creative pallet. Both are great to see which mods I want to explore further, and which will hit the cutting room floor, but both leave a lot to be desired for any sort of challenging long term progression.

I'll never tell anyone not to create a modpack, as maintaining one is a labor of love (and sometimes hatred). Do what you love, and odds are someone else will love it too. Unfortunately, I'm doubtful that I can be counted in that. I'll always love my Monster, but sometimes it's best to leave the past behind you.

My too sense.