New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Please, add Gregtech in the Unlished FTB Pack. It will be a good idea because it is the biggest modpack in the FTB.

GregoriousTech (the creator of GregTech) has hand picked the other mods he is 'allowing' to be packed with GregTech, all rolled into the FTB UNHINGED modpack. This is the way Greg wants it, so you will never see GregTech in another FTB modpack beyond Unhinged ... until Gregorious eases off.

gamekid169

Jul 29, 2019
whats the estimated release date for the 1.6 unleashed? new to the forums here so if asking here isnt best lemme know where to ask. thanks.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
whats the estimated release date for the 1.6 unleashed? new to the forums here so if asking here isnt best lemme know where to ask. thanks.

The correct place to ask is "nowhere."

The ETA is "when it's done."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
GregoriousTech (the creator of GregTech) has hand picked the other mods he is 'allowing' to be packed with GregTech, all rolled into the FTB UNHINGED modpack. This is the way Greg wants it, so you will never see GregTech in another FTB modpack beyond Unhinged ... until Gregorious eases off.

Makes sense! I tried out Unhinged, but it was too lite for me. I think what shocked me the most is that computercraft was missing. Although, I suppose the design was to make it feel more like vanilla until you were able to make a quarry. So anything early-mid game you would have to mine manually for all your resouces. Which would be perfect for a server, Unleashed would be too overwhelming to control (from an admin standpoint).

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Makes sense! I tried out Unhinged, but it was too lite for me. I think what shocked me the most is that computercraft was missing. Although, I suppose the design was to make it feel more like vanilla until you were able to make a quarry. So anything early-mid game you would have to mine manually for all your resouces. Which would be perfect for a server, Unleashed would be too overwhelming to control (from an admin standpoint).

Naw man he is making sense. I don't think you understand what's gone down. Greg, the maker of gregtech, had a spat with the other mod makers and he inserted malicious code into his mod (on propose) that would make minecraft crash if used with those other ppl's mods. THAT is why unhinged is 'lite' as you said. So from now on gregtech will only be in 'his' unhinged mod pack and the other mods that are 'missing' from unhinged cannot be added into it due to greg's hissy fit.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Naw man he is making sense. I don't think you understand what's gone down. Greg, the maker of gregtech, had a spat with the other mod makers and he inserted malicious code into his mod (on propose) that would make minecraft crash if used with those other ppl's mods. THAT is why unhinged is 'lite' as you said. So from now on gregtech will only be in 'his' unhinged mod pack and the other mods that are 'missing' from unhinged cannot be added into it due to greg's hissy fit.
Stop tossing around the word "malicious" code because that is wrong! There is a whole thread about it here on the forums.
Also (while i do not defend Gregs actions!) i have to tell you that not only Greg started this little dispute. Both sides have their share on this one and requested ( (mDiyo first and afterwards Greg) that we do not put their mods together in their pack so even if Greg said it was ok we couldn't include it as mDiyo doesn't want to.

nart

Jul 29, 2019
Idk where u get your info from but i play a server with unleashed pack and GT and it works fine no lag no problems at all

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting emails because this is a watched thread for me and some comments are getting deleted. Is that a policy of this forum? Delete comments that are unliked?

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Stop tossing around the word "malicious" code because that is wrong! There is a whole thread about it here on the forums.
Also (while i do not defend Gregs actions!) i have to tell you that not only Greg started this little dispute. Both sides have their share on this one and requested ( (mDiyo first and afterwards Greg) that we do not put their mods together in their pack so even if Greg said it was ok we couldn't include it as mDiyo doesn't want to.

I would except it fits the Exact Definition of the word. I suggest you refresh yourself on its definition if you're cloudy. It's means spiteful, vicious, wanton, or mischievous in motivation or purpose.

And it goes so far beyond a little dispute like you say that it's absurd, insane, immature and down right disrespectful to the players. If he doesn't want his mod placed into the same pack together as the other one That's Fine. But he actually went out of his way, to write code, with the Express Malicious Intent, to cause a crash when his mod was used with theirs, even outside of the mod packs. That is Un-F'in-Acceptable Behavior.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't the thread for arguing about dead horse topics. Further beating of the deceased equine in this thread will result in deletion and/or Warnings issued.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019

What an absolute liad of twaddle, I have added GT to my unleashed pack with absoloutly zero problems, so to say stuff cannot be added into packs due to gregs hissy fit is just plain wrong.
Anybody who wishes to can add GT to there unleashed or the other way round add moda to your unhinged pack.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
What an absolute liad of twaddle, I have added GT to my unleashed pack with absoloutly zero problems, so to say stuff cannot be added into packs due to gregs hissy fit is just plain wrong.
Anybody who wishes to can add GT to there unleashed or the other way round add moda to your unhinged pack.

Yes, the code has been removed, people who care about that have known for quite some time. He's talking about public modpacks for which, unless Greg says so, will not include both Gregtech and Tinker's Construct in it. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from adding yourself, like any other mod that isn't included in a FTB pack.

MasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
i see lot of mods already updated to 1.6 that's good i'm impatient to see 1.6 ready modpacks hehehe thank you very much for the hard work you done and keep it well.
i love and i do that like a job to beta test everything related to minecraft so i think we are nearly ready for a beta modpack 1.6 who know? ;)

see you soon

MJ

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. That code which caused the crash was changed awhile back, but it was present for a time.. Everyone but you apparently knows this. And NO you Cannot add unleashed or dw20 into gregs unhinged. They just very recently made it so you can do it the other way around though.

"DW20 and Unleashed now use Master Configs. This means they have configs for all the mods in Unleashed ,Unhinged and DW20. You should be able to take a mod from Unhinged or DW20 and put it in Unleashed etc. Unhinged does not use the Master configs, you will not be able to put a mod from Unleashed or DW20 into Unhinged and have it work." - Slowpoke

Again the reason that unhinged doesn't have the master config is because greg didn't want it to cause of his hissy spat. It's fact bro, do a little research next time before you call some a "laid of twaddle" w/e that is and "just plain wrong" when it is infact you that were plain wrong.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. That code which caused the crash was changed awhile back, but it was present for a time.. Everyone but you apparently knows this. And NO you Cannot add unleashed or dw20 into gregs unhinged. They just very recently made it so you can do it the other way around though.

"DW20 and Unleashed now use Master Configs. This means they have configs for all the mods in Unleashed ,Unhinged and DW20. You should be able to take a mod from Unhinged or DW20 and put it in Unleashed etc. Unhinged does not use the Master configs, you will not be able to put a mod from Unleashed or DW20 into Unhinged and have it work." - Slowpoke

Again the reason that unhinged doesn't have the master config is because greg didn't want it to cause of his hissy spat. It's fact bro, do a little research next time before you call some a "laid of twaddle" w/e that is and "just plain wrong" when it is infact you that were plain wrong.

Really... I can assure you that you can add any mod you like into unhinged or any other ftb pack, why dont you go try it and see

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Really... I can assure you that you can add any mod you like into unhinged or any other ftb pack, why dont you go try it and see

Your right, you can. Worst case scenario is you have to alter some of the configs to sort out ID Conflicts, but apart from that there is nothing stopping you.

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
Your right, you can. Worst case scenario is you have to alter some of the configs to sort out ID Conflicts, but apart from that there is nothing stopping you.

Yah exactily this. It's not gonna crash and burn your pc down causing smoke to rise off your heat sinks... But once you get into it, there will be ID conflicts that could turn out to be game breaking. Of course you can edit those if you want to drudge through all those files fixing it.

Mashy14

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the code has been removed, people who care about that have known for quite some time. He's talking about public modpacks for which, unless Greg says so, will not include both Gregtech and Tinker's Construct in it. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from adding yourself, like any other mod that isn't included in a FTB pack.

Actually it was Mdiyo that requested that their mods never be put together

Status
Not open for further replies.