New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I would like to point out in Unleashed. The Clear Glass item breaks instantly even in survival mode. Maybe the durability could be amped up next update? How do I put a 'ticket' in for that?
First: Wrong thread mate, second: go to mDiyo (devof Tcon) and tell him about it. It is nothing we can influence right now.

Reactions: Ashzification

Stocks

Jul 29, 2019
So i've read back 10 pages or so and may have missed it, but on my launcher Ver 1.2.6 my Unleashed pack shows as Ver 1.03 and thats all thats listed other than the Recommended one. How do I get the 1.12 or 1.13 packs that have all the updates in them? I have searched far and wide, but apparantly I can't find the answer on my own... Any thoughts are appreciated!

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
For me my launcher shows both the Beta and the released pack, though if I shut down the launcher after playing unleashed 1.1.2, upon launching the launcher again it defaults to the beta pack 1.0.3 selection so every time I relaunch it I just have to re-select the correct pack. Should be easily fixed by removing the pack though

hhhjort

Jul 29, 2019
For me my launcher shows both the Beta and the released pack, though if I shut down the launcher after playing unleashed 1.1.2, upon launching the launcher again it defaults to the beta pack 1.0.3 selection so every time I relaunch it I just have to re-select the correct pack. Should be easily fixed by removing the pack though

Yes, I had that issue too, and removing the beta pack fixed it.

Reactions: Stocks

winters

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I have a problem with recycler, Its not working correctly with every block like its not working with cooblestone stone sand sandstone. Ive tested a few blocks so far with dirt gravel grass block its produsing scrap.
Anyone have any sollution for this problem?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I have a problem with recycler, Its not working correctly with every block like its not working with cooblestone stone sand sandstone. Ive tested a few blocks so far with dirt gravel grass block its produsing scrap.
Anyone have any sollution for this problem?

This isn't the place to be asking.
You should check the Wiki (tab at the top of the page) or look here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/the-mod-pack-bugs.26/

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
Is Unleashed 1.1.2 a stable release or should I use 1.1.3? If 1.1.3, is it still a WIP and should I wait for it to go recommended or is it safe to grab now?

From glancing over posts it seems like there's been problems in the early versions and I'm wondering if they've been sorted out?

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
What is going on?

I upgraded unleased to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 only in the launcher it claims to be 1.1.2 (a version I never had) and in the drop down that allows me to select versions, the only options listed are "recommended" and "1.0.3".

So, what version do I have? And what version is the recommended version?

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
You still have the beta pack on your launcher. Which means you should have two unleashed packs listed one at the bottom of your list and one at the top.

The top one has the newest versions, to remove the beta, click private pack in the corner type "FTBUnleashed" and select remove.[DOUBLEPOST=1376261774][/DOUBLEPOST]As for 1.1.3 stability:
Looking at the bug reports at a glance, 1.1.3 has 2 crash related bugs and 1.1.2 has 8. But 1.1.3 seems to have more mechanics quirks like TC tools not registering the power upgrade properly but most of them are minor compared to the annoyance of crashes in the eyes of server dwellers.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
You still have the beta pack on your launcher. Which means you should have two unleashed packs listed one at the bottom of your list and one at the top.

The top one has the newest versions, to remove the beta, click private pack in the corner type "FTBUnleashed" and select remove.[DOUBLEPOST=1376261774][/DOUBLEPOST]As for 1.1.3 stability:
Looking at the bug reports at a glance, 1.1.3 has 2 crash related bugs and 1.1.2 has 8. But 1.1.3 seems to have more mechanics quirks like TC tools not registering the power upgrade properly but most of them are minor compared to the annoyance of crashes in the eyes of server dwellers.

To add to this post:
EVERY pack will have those quirks as soon as you toss together more than a handful of mods the pack is bound to have issues. Even more so if inter-mod-integration is implemented. We try to fix most of those issues if we can but often it is out of our hands and we have to wait for the mod developers to do their thing and solve the quirks. Our main concern is with crash bugs as those severly hinder users to play the packs. Now don't go and yell at the mod devs for not fixing things. More often than not they already know about the issue and will fix it eventually. It is not their responsibility to check against every possible mod out their and if it has issues with their mod!

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
But of course no insult was intended, that was just that from an objective standpoint 1.1.3 will make your life easier as a server owner, and cause less grief for your denizens in general. I didn't mean to single out mods that have quirks as they will always stick around.

As a comparison, a server I admin for had to restart due to crashes on average every 7 hours in 1.1.2, in 1.1.3 we actually had to restart because we have been up for more than 72 hours and just needed to refresh everything.

It's quite honestly difficult to test everything and I can understand that, there is no blame here just logic. People like being able to play so I just wanted to direct him towards something that to me has been stable and pleasant.

Also be careful with the mytown plugin as it seems to hate computercraft and wants to beat it to within an inch of its life.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a tidbit of information on how that particular post is arranged (since I'm the one who updates that post): If a bug from an earlier version carries over into a new one, I bring the bug forward in the listing as it is still a bug people will see in the most recent version. What gets left behind under the spoilers blocks are things that have been solved and corroborated as solved (yes, I do check when an update comes out), so that people running the older versions known what to expect as wrong in their own packs. There's actually at least one crash bug I need to pull up but I know it won't necessarily have an easy fix (IC2 Trade-o-mats, and the reasons are inside baseball trade-off type reasons) as well.

This should give you a better understanding of and visibility on exactly how much progress is being made in reducing the number of extant bugs with each subsequent update, but it also means that the lower priority mechanics quirks stay on the "active" list the longest. As Lathanael has pointed out, there's a triage on things to address and there are other concerns at play in getting things worked out. I highly recommend the curious read through Jadedcat's post on the subject. =)

hzboy2

Jul 29, 2019
need help the unleased wont work i keep crashing crash report
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 8/14/13 2:09 PM
Description: Failed to start game

net.minecraft.client.renderer.StitcherException
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.Stitcher.func_94305_f(Stitcher.java:92)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_94247_b(TextureMap.java:123)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderEngine.func_94152_c(RenderEngine.java:521)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:444)
at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[DOUBLEPOST=1376510357][/DOUBLEPOST]need help please help[DOUBLEPOST=1376510388][/DOUBLEPOST]:(:(:(:([DOUBLEPOST=1376510453][/DOUBLEPOST]help help help

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
need help the unleased wont work i keep crashing crash report
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 8/14/13 2:09 PM
Description: Failed to start game

net.minecraft.client.renderer.StitcherException
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.Stitcher.func_94305_f(Stitcher.java:92)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_94247_b(TextureMap.java:123)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderEngine.func_94152_c(RenderEngine.java:521)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:444)
at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[DOUBLEPOST=1376510357][/DOUBLEPOST]need help please help[DOUBLEPOST=1376510388][/DOUBLEPOST]:(:(:(:([DOUBLEPOST=1376510453][/DOUBLEPOST]help help help

This is not the place to be requesting help. This is a news thread.
Also, rapid posting (as evidence by the post merges) spamming faces and help won't get you help any faster.

Reactions: Mashy14 and Albeleo

Slymix98

Jul 29, 2019
Please, add Gregtech in the Unlished FTB Pack. It will be a good idea because it is the biggest modpack in the FTB.

Status
Not open for further replies.