New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe this thread just has ran its course. When a new pack gets out a new thread going with it will be started anyway.
Yeah I think it has, I personally can't wait for the ultimate pack, I would like to get going on a new world, but I dont want to have to scrap the world the second the ultimate pack comes out like I did with the Beta pack (Which yes it was a beta and I was expecting it and am not complaining). I still never got an answer to my question of the id configs. I am tempted to start up an edited DW pack ( as it has almost all the mods I want) and just grab the ones its missing from the mindcrack pack, but I do believe there will be a mod or 2 that end up being in the ultimate pack that is not in either of the 2 current 1.4.6 packs. I may want to have those in my pack to, but I do not know if they have set up the universal configs as of yet. So my question being, Does anyone know if the configs for the ultimate pack will be the same as the configs setup in the 1.4.6 packs now? I.E. will they be universally compatible?

Seanbeag

Jul 29, 2019
Are the lists of mods standardised. I'm trying to compare Direwolf pack to Mindcrack. One has IC2 and one has Industrialcraft 2. is this the same mod?

Also is there any worldgen items being added in EE?

Big Head Zach

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing if you started with FTB Beta A for multiplayer, the best thing to do is sit tight and hope FTB Ultimate requires little-to-no upgrade hassle and *crosses fingers* no world wipe...but I'm gathering that won't be possible due to RedPower 2 and a few other planned addons requiring worldgen to distribute their unique materials.

brail

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing if you started with FTB Beta A for multiplayer, the best thing to do is sit tight and hope FTB Ultimate requires little-to-no upgrade hassle and *crosses fingers* no world wipe...but I'm gathering that won't be possible due to RedPower 2 and a few other planned addons requiring worldgen to distribute their unique materials.
Pretty sure that it will change block ID's and thus require a new world, though I may be mistaken.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
*has a sad* Guessing then that I should treat my Beta A world as a tutorial :p
Pretty much yeah. If you really really really liked your world you could probably take a few hours and compare ids and get everything all set up to work, but it would take a lot of time. And by starting a new fresh world you lower the chance of running into bugs massively.

CrazyAL

Jul 29, 2019
So guys, think a world role over from Mindcrack pack to Ultimate Pack when it comes out is going to work without to many issues? I'm getting FTB withdrawals here, been trying to play Vanilla as a nicotine patch but just can't take it anymore I need to light up FTB again.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack is brilliant, especially as it's the only one that favors gregtech XD i highly recommend you play it :D

Joe5

Jul 29, 2019
absolutely correct, I have been so focused on frames recently that i forgot about that one. has it been updated yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.