New Mod Pack Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but portal gun has been completely rewritten, and as it is now is almost COMPLETELY useless. i mean a freakin nether star for ONE portal gun? totally overkill, but hey, i'm not the one coding it :p

brail

Jul 29, 2019
yeah but portal gun has been completely rewritten, and as it is now is almost COMPLETELY useless. i mean a freakin nether star for ONE portal gun? totally overkill, but hey, i'm not the one coding it :p
Once you get one nether star for the portal gun, you can move skellie spawners to the nether with mystcraft portals, where they will produce wither skeletons. Set it up right and you get a good drop trap, or piston trap if you prefer, that you can combine with looting or vorpal enchants... in short, once you have a portal gun, you can be rolling in skulls.
Besides that, I found the portal gun to be quite useful enough to justify spending a nether star on it even before I thought of the skellie thing. Just depends on who the person is and what they do with the gun.

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
I think a nether star being required for a portal gun is a good idea, it was far too easy to get a portal gun before. All-in-all, after reading the list Slowpoke put out today I am very excited. I am having a ball with my current DW20 map, but I may have to go over to the new stuff next week. Very well done FTB staff, I can't wait!

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
I just took the portal gun mod out completely with it needing a neather star it makes to "late game" to actually need it. By the time you can kill the wither for a NS you can easily get most of the same effect with mystcraft and a portal age.

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get one nether star for the portal gun, you can move skellie spawners to the nether with mystcraft portals, where they will produce wither skeletons. Set it up right and you get a good drop trap, or piston trap if you prefer, that you can combine with looting or vorpal enchants... in short, once you have a portal gun, you can be rolling in skulls.
Besides that, I found the portal gun to be quite useful enough to justify spending a nether star on it even before I thought of the skellie thing. Just depends on who the person is and what they do with the gun.

yeah but u can use the gravity gun to move spawners, which is cheaper. so the only other thing its good for is easy transportation, which you can cover for by using mystcraft. so you can do the same thing with other items. portal gun is just a little more convenient. which is why im not totally raging. i still think it is completely ridiculous, but luckily, there are other ways to do the same thing.

Vvector

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke says: From now on we will only be releasing mod pack and launcher updates on a Monday. This does not mean that we will be updating every Monday, just this is when updates will generally be pushed to help admins plan etc. The only exception to this is if a critical update needs to be pushed in an emergency.

So why was the mod pack update launched on a Friday?

Thuulstrea

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe to get those two out of the way to concentrate on the new mod packs they are working on. Seeing as those two (MC and DW20) are pretty much done, they updated with the new forge and mods and can now forget them and move on to other things.... (Come on Ultimate Pack) :D.

Reactions: Ashzification

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I have to admit I'm anxious for the ultimate pack as well. I'm still hopeful we'll have a release before the end of the year. of course if there isn't it's pk. Not like we would narrowly miss the apocalypse or anything like that.

Thuulstrea

Jul 29, 2019
It'll be out when it's out... nothing I can do to speed it up. playing around with other mod packs and mods till I can get an Ultimate pack server started for my mates. It's fun learning new mods :).

Scale_e

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate pack? Be patient? I'm hitting my f5 key every 2 mins. Don't say I'm crazy! I'm not!

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm....looks like the Ultimate pack will be about a week. I'm just interested in seeing what's in the pack. Also, hoping Xycraft is part of the updates they are waiting for. I'm VERY interested in the Shenanigans I can get into with that mod.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm....looks like the Ultimate pack will be about a week. I'm just interested in seeing what's in the pack. Also, hoping Xycraft is part of the updates they are waiting for. I'm VERY interested in the Shenanigans I can get into with that mod.

What makes you say this? Did slow hint at something in one of his streams? Or are you just guessing because most things have updated already?

Status
Not open for further replies.