New GUI for the BC Filler

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
LcdQfGd.png

Tons of pics in this album: http://imgur.com/a/hRWVN

There's also a pyramid option. I haven't tried it yet but this is pretty awesome. I'll have to use the bricks I have cooking for something else!

Last edited:

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
I saw someone make this suggestion in the ragey locked thread, awesome that it was taken on board

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
is that TiCo cutlass any good?

oh yeah... BC builder... well, i'm glad they finally realized it's a good idea to move modes into a GUI rather than forcing player to run around with glass and bricks.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I like the cutlass. I like the extra chance for crit hits plus I can actually block. I got used to blocking in vanilla and I can't stand not being able to with other swords.

@SonOfABirch I saw that reply as well. When I saw this in game I thought it'd be nice to showcase.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I like the cutlass. I like the extra chance for crit hits plus I can actually block. I got used to blocking in vanilla and I can't stand not being able to with other swords.
well, broadsword can and so can cleaver. i'm just no sure if there is a point in making a decent cutlass when i have a good cleaver(mana blade and plate, thaum and paper rods, looting 3, moss, and QUARTZ)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just to say the Pyramid option has always been there. Use it once in a 1.2.5 test world.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I just love seeing other peoples hotbar with their tinkers tools :D

And Cutlasses FTW!!

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Can't wait to see it in the actual FTB packs, it looks like most of the FTB 1.6.4 packs are way out of date with a Buildcraft 4.1.2 in them, but I guess that means some addons are maybe not ready for the newest edition of Buildcraft yet...

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
All the hate for Covert and CPW on the "new" BC... It is a brilliant idea, this simpler, cleaner, more refined system of power that realistically follows modern power standards yet is rather intuitive. The "new" BC is what the mod was all about, and I give the team credit for the great work they have done thus far. Things like this UI are examples of how refinement (what made Sony, Nokia, Apple, Frog, Deiter Rams... all of them so great) can be brought to the modding community. The only issue for people is that we have grown accustomed to the set it and forget it type systems based on power buildup as opposed to generation. There is nothing inherently wrong about either of these philosophies, however there is something wrong with people whining and being compete morons about it. (Not calling you guys out here, just making a general statement which is partially oversimplified)

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Flattens terrain up to sky level I think. So you don't have to set a specific size height-wise.
I thought that was what Flatten did? Unless that's what it used to do and they separated it or flatten only did to a certain height?

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that was what Flatten did? Unless that's what it used to do and they separated it or flatten only did to a certain height?

From the BC forum:
CovertJaguaron June 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:
Horizon is the old Flatten. Fill below, clear above. The recipe is 6 Glass and 3 Bricks.

Flatten was changed to fill below, clear the box. And the recipe was changed to be 3 Glass, 6 Bricks. The opposite of Horizon.

The water thing, I’m not really sure. I changed the way to algorithm works, it now iterates the columns.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
All the hate for Covert and CPW on the "new" BC... It is a brilliant idea, this simpler, cleaner, more refined system of power that realistically follows modern power standards yet is rather intuitive. The "new" BC is what the mod was all about, and I give the team credit for the great work they have done thus far.
That was the impetus behind making this thread. No one mod is going to be used in totality by every player. The great stuff in BC is still great. I still like oil, rather I love oil. I love the filler. Heck the quarry sold me on modded Minecraft. I seriously looked down on mods before I saw the quarry. Buildcraft drug me out of a silly, vanilla, hipster rut. I'll be forever thankful.