New Forum Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
You guys are really kicking it off with title grandeur and all.

It's like a baby-boom...

except it's about moderators... not babes...

and less cuteness involved, since babies aren't really that cute.

It was my understanding that Global Mods wore the supreme power here (second only to admins) so I'm surprised that Jaded has the modpack title. I thought that was evident, since she was Global Mod.

Edit. Whoah hey! Morvy? Alexandria? Xenophobe? what happened?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
You guys are really kicking it off with title grandeur and all.

It's like a baby-boom...

except it's about moderators... not babes...

and less cuteness involved, since babies aren't really that cute.

It was my understanding that Global Mods wore the supreme power here (second only to admins) so I'm surprised that Jaded has the modpack title. I thought that was evident, since she was Global Mod.

Edit. Whoah hey! Morvy? Alexandria? Xenophobe? what happened?

The modpack and launcher and wiki teams are separate from the forum team. I got pulled over to the modpack team as well as the forum team. Just another hat to wear.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Gratz to Vauthil and Lawbroken. tbh I am not familliar with Vauthil, But I see Lawbroken around a lot on various streams as well as here on the forums and am pleased to see him make global mod. An overall nice guy with teeth when needs be.
I would say more but waiting on the cheque to clear first.

Also thx to the outgoing global moderators for services given.

Reactions: Lawbroken

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't see that thread.
But it doesn't explain the removal. Yes, we all have personal lives. We don't always have time to moderate and respond to the community.
But why remove their status?
Feels more like a punishment against them than a simple retirement. I mean... did you force them to hand over the car keys to the FTB-van and surrender the FTB-mobile phones?

Technic -yes I know, different people with different mindset. But I don't know any other forum to compare with- has had admins and mods who don't "work" for Technic anymore.
I've never seen or heard Cheap and Cranker demanding that these "ex-members" of technic should return the Technic charter's vests and carve out the "first 9"-tag when they leave.

Forgive me for ranting, but I wish to understand why...

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Not an official answer:

I'd say that if the individuals who have lost such titles have yet to complain about the decisions taken, then not much is needed to be said on the subject. Their work and contributions have been acknowledged on that post. Titles are just there so that the public can ascertain and verify an individuals' current role within the FTB team, but it does not make them any better than anyone else on these forums and those folks will still be well respected for their contributions and time dedicated to FTB. Remember, not all internal communications and decisions are always nor will always be publicly extensively discussed. ;)

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Surely it's as simple as it avoids confusion, and people don't end up going to the wrong people with a request or problem.
I have been a staff member on other forums and due to lack of time on my part gave up the postion. In most cases the title was removed. In some I was given a title of "staff retired". But one thing is for sure. I don't get any annoying messages or mails anymore from any of thos sites. Except for two, where if I go back and check my messages there are dozens of unanswered PM's. Why? Because on the two sites in question my title remained and new members seeing that title wasted their time contacting me.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
This was the first logical thought that struck me. But it doesn't hold.

Tell me, how many new users, users who logged in right now, know the existence of Alexandria and Florastar?

None. These ex-mods are not online. At least in the case of Alexandria, whom I've very rarely seen on these forums.

And for your case Molten, I've gotta ask what kind of forum software you are used to?
In here, the mods who are online are fully visible for everyone to behold their statues :p

I mean, it's not as if I'm going to send a PM to Florastar asking if and where I can post my extensive and thorough thread analysis of bird droppings. Nope, that PM would suit better to send to Law since he is currently online.
I will be patiently waiting if and/or when Jaded feels to quench my curiosity.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I will be patiently waiting if and/or when Jaded feels to quench my curiosity.

You may be waiting quite a while, there are many more pressing (in my opinion) concerns on her plate at the moment.

I think you're injecting far too much drama into what is simply a functional decision: people who have the Global Moderator tag after their name are expected to spend a certain amount of time on the forums, and sometimes other personal concerns take precedence over that. There's no shame whatsoever in stepping down when the personal situation requires it. For example, while right now I get to sit at home and write all day, if suddenly my publisher decided I had the numbers and they wanted me to go on a signing tour that would wholly occupy my time for a couple months (haha, one can dream) I would put in a notice of a leave of absence and fully expect to be replaced in that situation. It's really as simple as that.

I've been doing this online forum thing for quite a while now and speculation on this sort of stuff is definitely not new to me, but the speculation's always far more exciting than the boring reality. People have personal lives and come and go in these kinds of positions as a matter of course. If nothing public has been said, though, please respect their privacy.

Let's end it there, as we're going afield from the purpose of this topic. Thanks.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Woah, I missed this. I assumed "Trusted user" was just some lame "number of Likes" cheevo. I guess I better be careful to live up to the expectation from now on! Thanks to whoever granted me this honour.

Due to your post I thought I had new minions I mean Section Moderators :p

Reactions: Flipz

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well the people who got trusted deffinetly deserve it they have went out of their way to help people on the forums. It's still nice to see that helpful people do get rewarded for just being themselves. On another note thank goodness their isn't a village idiot title because I would probably have it for all the silly little mistakes I make.

Status
Not open for further replies.