Need A Bit Of Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

StreetKing

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. I've just started FTB and i've created my very first automated zero maintenance power generation system using SC2's tree farm. I am having a small problem though here's a picture of my build.
Pic1.png
Just a quick explanation of what I've got going. Wood, saplings and apples get pumped into the pipes. Saplings and apples are filtered to the yellow line while wood goes to red where it gets processed. At first I had no iron pipe and all my wood would get processed into charcoal but then i realised i needed wood so i placed this iron pipe to filter wood to go to the chest in the left and i put a gate on the pipe to detect when the chest is full, it emits a redstone signal. The gate is connected to the iron pipe through underground red alloy wire so when the chest is full this happens ...
Pic2.png
The problem is when i empty the chest and the redstone signal turns off this happens ...
Pic3.png
The transparent side of the iron pipe switches towards the diamond pipe instead of its original position and I've spent hour trying to come up a solution to make it face the chest but I just couldn't(I am almost sure the solution lies in some redstone contraption but I am not really good at it). Help would be greatly appreciated :).

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
Iron pipes react to redstone signals, and switch. Have you tried putting a longer buffer between the iron pipe and the gate?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
you could get rid of the iron pipe and the redstone.

Put your wood chest onto the green side of the diamond pipe and set wood to green (have red set to nothing), it will fill the chest as long as there's room in the chest, once the chest is full the wood will go down the red line to be processed into charcoal.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
If you really need the iron pipe, because you might not be able to do as Ako said above, you have to put a wooden pipe between the diamond and the iron one.

Iron pipe will ever point their output to a wooden pipe, and that would solve your problem.

StreetKing

Jul 29, 2019
This was just a small demonstration of my problem but both your solutions Ako and mithos worked perfectly and would probably fit into my real build. Thank you very much.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
This was just a small demonstration of my problem but both your solutions Ako and mithos worked perfectly and would probably fit into my real build. Thank you very much.

cool, just be aware my solution will have issues if your wood chest in your real build isn't right next to the diamond pipe.