Mystcraft Book Writing Guide 1.4.7 ONLY

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think about the new Mystcraft Writing System?

• Love It!

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • Like it.

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • Don't Like It.

Votes: 44 18.8%
  • Meh. (Indifferent)

Votes: 38 16.2%

• Total voters

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
i wasnt trying to make it out of gold but your on the right track with the tendrils thing but instead of gold it was all oak wood. i pul the tendrills, gold ore,clear modifer . the rest was the same

EDIT: something i tried was putting gold before the tendrills and this worked but i had a corrupt world that i had to leave right away, i had hungry,weakness,and fire. what do i need to do to change that?

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
Make some 'bad pages', like charged or that other one which i forget all the time .... but someone here knows it ;), but you made the age instable by using gold, if you used a less rare component or block the age would have been more stable.... I think

By the way... editing text on this site with a ab tablet is really anoying..

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I'm trying to write a basic mining age where it is convenient to run quarries, e.g. single biome, extreme hills, flat, noon, zero length etc. No "dense ore" or anything like that, complete stability.

Right now in Mystcraft 0.10.4 (1.5.2 FTB beta) it seems that the degree of control you have when writing an age is greatly lessened. Can I somehow remove all random elements from an age, and in that case which symbols are required?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Make some 'bad pages', like charged or that other one which i forget all the time .... but someone here knows it ;), but you made the age instable by using gold, if you used a less rare component or block the age would have been more stable.... I think

By the way... editing text on this site with a ab tablet is really anoying..
Ab tablet ?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
i wasnt trying to make it out of gold but your on the right track with the tendrils thing but instead of gold it was all oak wood. i pul the tendrills, gold ore,clear modifer . the rest was the same

EDIT: something i tried was putting gold before the tendrills and this worked but i had a corrupt world that i had to leave right away, i had hungry,weakness,and fire. what do i need to do to change that?
Yeah, stuff like Gold Ore really messes up your world.
Try putting on Charged and Scorched and don't forget to put on Quantum.
I'm trying to write a basic mining age where it is convenient to run quarries, e.g. single biome, extreme hills, flat, noon, zero length etc. No "dense ore" or anything like that, complete stability.

Right now in Mystcraft 0.10.4 (1.5.2 FTB beta) it seems that the degree of control you have when writing an age is greatly lessened. Can I somehow remove all random elements from an age, and in that case which symbols are required?
Single Biome, (Plains is better than Extreme Hills, because you don't have to dig through 70 layers of stone), Flat, Noon, Zero Length, Normal Sun, Full Length, Dark Moon, Dark Stars, Bright Lighting (so you can see!), Clear Modifiers.
If this doesn't work, then Mystcraft is mean, because that's the most stable possible age.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Single Biome, (Plains is better than Extreme Hills, because you don't have to dig through 70 layers of stone), Flat, Noon, Zero Length, Normal Sun, Full Length, Dark Moon, Dark Stars, Bright Lighting (so you can see!), Clear Modifiers.
If this doesn't work, then Mystcraft is mean, because that's the most stable possible age.

Thanks, this would have worked fine in 0.10.0 or 0.10.1 of Mystcraft for MC 1.4.7, but the new version 0.10.4 is different. And not necessarily in a good way it seems. You are less likely to get a random (not specifying any symbols) world that is completely useless, but the benefit of that is completely dwarfed by not having complete control IMHO.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK, this is never the way it was in the Myst series.
Never have complete control?
Nonsense!
How could you, XCompWiz?
I know!
I'll change the configs!
In... case... there... are... actual... configs to change... about the matter...
Sigh.

Guthatron

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I am looking for a little help
I play on a SMP server
I have written 13 ages so far and not one has been as i described. some have been close but not correct
Ive followed the guide in the first post as best I can.

For example I put Mushrooms Biome, Single Biome. But then I get tiled biomes with twilight forest and mushroom.
I also put flat on every world and only like 30% have actually been flat.

I am using dense ores but when I go to the worlds. some have decay, which I expected. But others do not, they have no bad effects as far as I can tell. So that makes me wonder if the dense ores page even worked in those worlds if they have no bad effects :S
I just cannot get a world to go as I intend.
This is an example of what I am doing (this one has worked the best)
Wasteland Biome, single Biome, Flat, Noon, Double Length, Normal Sun, Setting Double Length, Normal Moon, Normal Stars, Fast Weather, Normal Lighting, , Dense Ores, Obelisks, Charged, Scorched Surface Clear Modifiers
This gave me a single, flat Plains biome. However there is no scorched surface or lightning :s It does seem to have Dense Ores though as I got 28 diamonds with about 5 minutes of mining.

I am so confused.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I am looking for a little help
I play on a SMP server
I have written 13 ages so far and not one has been as i described. some have been close but not correct
Ive followed the guide in the first post as best I can.

For example I put Mushrooms Biome, Single Biome. But then I get tiled biomes with twilight forest and mushroom.
I also put flat on every world and only like 30% have actually been flat.

I am using dense ores but when I go to the worlds. some have decay, which I expected. But others do not, they have no bad effects as far as I can tell. So that makes me wonder if the dense ores page even worked in those worlds if they have no bad effects :S
I just cannot get a world to go as I intend.
This is an example of what I am doing (this one has worked the best)
Wasteland Biome, single Biome, Flat, Noon, Double Length, Normal Sun, Setting Double Length, Normal Moon, Normal Stars, Fast Weather, Normal Lighting, , Dense Ores, Obelisks, Charged, Scorched Surface Clear Modifiers
This gave me a single, flat Plains biome. However there is no scorched surface or lightning :s It does seem to have Dense Ores though as I got 28 diamonds with about 5 minutes of mining.

I am so confused.

Like I said...
Mystcraft has become...
Stupid.
For lack of a better word.
I'll research on how to fix this.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Following this guide and trying to get a diamond ore tendrils world [since I found those 2 pages]. World generates [with instability?] but no tendrils. Where have I gone wrong?
Order of pages:
Extreme Hills Biome
Single Biome
Flat
Noon
Zero Length
Normal Sun
Rising
Zero length
Dark Moon
Dark Stars
No Weather
Normal Lighting
Diamond Ore
Tendrils
Clear Modifiers

Also, using 1.4.7 Ultimate pack...if that matters

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Do these in order:
  1. Switch the order of the two pages.
  2. Put them in front of Flat in the original order.
  3. Switch the order.
  4. Put then after Flat in the original order.
  5. Switch the order.
If none of this works, I don't know what to say...

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Now you do...say it with me "World Height". Replaced the biome with Ocean, everything else is the same. Plenty of diamonds now :) and all I have to deal with [luckily] is spontaneous explosions which isn't an issue if the mobGreifing gamerule is set to true [yeah, I don't understand that either] and you're wearing decent armor.

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Now you do...say it with me "World Height". Replaced the biome with Ocean, everything else is the same. Plenty of diamonds now :) and all I have to deal with [luckily] is spontaneous explosions which isn't an issue if the mobGreifing gamerule is set to true [yeah, I don't understand that either] and you're wearing decent armor.

Nice![DOUBLEPOST=1372720949][/DOUBLEPOST]Ohhh, I know!
It's because Flat and Extreme Hills pushes up to 180 and beyond!
And Tendrils?
They are probablyburied in the ground.

Rossthecow

Jul 29, 2019
My friends and I are having a difficult time making an age.
What we want is, End world, Blue stars, Constant night, two moons(one is up while the other is down), No weather, blue clouds, Extreme hills biome(Preferred but if it won't work plains biome will suffice) single biome ,Crystals, no sun.
We have been trying for many days, hundreds of failed attempts. I won't check this often, if you could Email me a well written configuration to [email protected] that would be grand. Thank you in advance for the help.