Mystcraft Book Writing Guide 1.4.7 ONLY

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think about the new Mystcraft Writing System?

• Love It!

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • Like it.

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • Don't Like It.

Votes: 44 18.8%
  • Meh. (Indifferent)

Votes: 38 16.2%

• Total voters

kk258966

Jul 29, 2019
im having a problem making ages recently
i tried to make some age in my single player world
trying to make to kind of ages on is for mining and one for lava
single biome,plains biom,flat,normal sun,normal moon,normal star,no weather,dungeon,clear modifier
and
single biome,ocean biom,lava,normal sun,normal moon,normal star,no weather,clear modifier
but both didn't work
iv tried some other patterns but also won't work
i just couldn't get the age i want ,sometimes i get tiled biomes or mushroom biome and other wierd stuff
the only thing that im sure is all the age i made is stable but not the age i want
did i made any mistake ?

im using ultimate mod pack V1.1.2 and it's using mystcraft 0.10.1.00

iwantspeed

Jul 29, 2019
im having issues as well
the age i would like to have is forest,plains,desert,jungle biomes large biomes
normal sun/moon/stars no weather
mineshafts dungeons and standard terrain
could i have some help in the correct order of the pages to ensure a stable modified overworld setup?
thanks in advance

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
This guide is useless for 1.5.2. Mystcraft has become more random. Even if I tried to tune it to how to write ages now, it would still be random. I'm going to edit sorting real quick.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
This guide is useless for 1.5.2. Mystcraft has become more random. Even if I tried to tune it to how to write ages now, it would still be random. I'm going to edit sorting real quick.
Yeah I have been writing ages a little bit lately and it seems no matter what if you don't explicitly add a page for each and every thing it will automatically add it for you instead of making your age unstable without it.
I haven't gotten a unstable age yet but it is always a toss up as to what will happen when you spawn in. As far as I can tell the order doesn't matter so much anymore as long as you get the individual things correct IE: plains biome, single biome.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
So you can have Plains biome, stuff, Single Biome?
I haven't tried that specifically but I have gotten other things out of order by accident like fogcolor>blue instead of blue>fogcolor and it still made the fog blue. I don't think you can separate the pages that need to correspond with each other, but I'm not entirely sure the order matters anymore which doesn't make sense.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... that's odd. Thank you for the information, I'll keep it in mind and maybe add a 1.5.2 section for writing ages if I can gather enough information to make a perfectly stable age reliably.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let people know: This guide is very much out of date.

Current up to date information is available.
Writing has the current information, including a section on writing stable worlds at the end.
Symbols Summary contains all the information about what symbols go with what in a nice graphical format.
And Overworld Clones tells you how to start writing overworld clones.