Mystcraft Book Writing Guide 1.4.7 ONLY

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think about the new Mystcraft Writing System?

• Love It!

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • Like it.

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • Don't Like It.

Votes: 44 18.8%
  • Meh. (Indifferent)

Votes: 38 16.2%

• Total voters

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Srry, i forgot the small biome here. I didn't forget it in the game, i did however forget here. Just imagine a 'small biome' at the end of the first line. But can i make a perfect (simple) stable age with oil? And if yes, how?
You can never have a completely stable age once you have instability.
All the bad symbols only reduce by percentages.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
An almost total stable age, then? Or a stable-enough-for-some-pumps-,-enderchests-,-minipowerplant-and-a-chunkloader-stable?

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try it when the sun has rised in the sky (tomorrow), but thanks for your help[DOUBLEPOST=1371330517][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it possible to use that one with the everything burnes on the surface becouse of the sun..... together with the cave one? Like there is bad page, but harmless..

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
you know instead of adding oil directly why not a simple one biome world that is a biome with high chance for oil. Like ocean or desert?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
you know instead of adding oil directly why not a simple one biome world that is a biome with high chance for oil. Like ocean or desert?
Or!
You could use the Oil Biome! (In 1.5.2)
And the Plains Biome in checkerboard pattern.
Then you can have land and sea with basically infinite oil!
Forever!
Muahahahahahah!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Or!
You could use the Oil Biome! (In 1.5.2)
And the Plains Biome in checkerboard pattern.
Then you can have land and sea with basically infinite oil!
Forever!
Muahahahahahah!

But I thought the issue was the oil added instability in the first place.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
But I thought the issue was the oil added instability in the first place.
Well he could make a little less automatic infinite oil system if he used the Oil Biome, and I assume he is using 1.5.2 because he said Oil Page, which is only in 1.5.2 AFAIK.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
to be honest: i don't know which version i'm using... I'm using the direwolf20 mod pack..... And it doesn't have to be infinitive... i can make a new age, with the same things, and hope the age generates nicely. If someone could write an example for me, that would be great... And in which biomes do oil geysers spawn most, and oil pools?​

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oil pools form in deserts mostly. They're so small that you don't need anything more than a few buckets and an enderchest for them.
Oil geysers, on the other hand, spawn in oceans a lot of the time for me. It could be that they're just more visible, but I think it's just they spawn more. Be careful with not accidentally clogging up your pipes with water, because it can happen.

Reactions: whizzball1

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
how can i edit an already written book?
You can't.

Not like that, but you can Copy the Pages out of it and change it to what you want. Simply use it in the Desk like a Notebook on the left side and place a empty Notebook in the normal place.

Hey Whizz, i haven't looked deep into the new Features but i have problems writing a book :p
I want the Look of the Overwolrd. Grass, Leaves, water, sky and everything in the normal Color.

The new writing system is good but writing the Age that you have in mind got harder. It happens to me all the time that things like Lava instead of Water, missing Grass (?) and of course, weird colors...
Do you have some Tips for me or do you know, what data did i have to change in the .agedata to change Colors and stuff?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Is this in 1.5.2?
Because I haven't experimented with the random feature additions.
Yet.
Of course, I have my pack, so as soon as I can, I will.
I'm just going to belt out a possible overworld scheme, and you can see if it works.
Native Biome Controller
Standard Terrain Generation
Full Length, Normal Sun
Full Length, Normal Moon
Normal Stars
Normal Weather
Standard Lighting
Strongholds
Dungeons
Villages
Mineshafts
Cyan, Sky Color
Cyan, Fog Color

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
so this tutorial helped a lot! i do have a question tho on ore spawning/creating, i did the basic pages (mainly because i just started into mystcraft.

my pages are as follows, Plains Biome,Single Biome, Standard Terrain, normal sun,normal moon, normal stars, normal weather, normal lighting,gold ore,clear modifers

nothing seems to spawn its a regular world which it should be except for gold ore. so i tired it without clear modifers and its unstable. i also tried it with stone before the gold ore and that didnt help. i did try dense ore instead of gold and i THINK that worked but im not 100%, i have twilight stuff spawned in to my age so i think it worked but How can i create a gold age ? Btw this is in 1.4.7

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
so this tutorial helped a lot! i do have a question tho on ore spawning/creating, i did the basic pages (mainly because i just started into mystcraft.

my pages are as follows, Plains Biome,Single Biome, Standard Terrain, normal sun,normal moon, normal stars, normal weather, normal lighting,gold ore,clear modifers

nothing seems to spawn its a regular world which it should be except for gold ore. so i tired it without clear modifers and its unstable. i also tried it with stone before the gold ore and that didnt help. i did try dense ore instead of gold and i THINK that worked but im not 100%, i have twilight stuff spawned in to my age so i think it worked but How can i create a gold age ? Btw this is in 1.4.7
Gold Ore should go right after Standard Terrain Gen.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
That didnt work i have a feeling im doing it wrong, i just put the gold ore page after standard terrain page and left the order the same but i still didnt get any gold ore spawn