Mystcraft Book Writing Guide 1.4.7 ONLY

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think about the new Mystcraft Writing System?

• Love It!

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • Like it.

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • Don't Like It.

Votes: 44 18.8%
  • Meh. (Indifferent)

Votes: 38 16.2%

• Total voters

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need every single biome, there's a page for normal biome generation, and you don't even need any biome pages.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I could add that tomorrow. I will make a few shots of all the types of arrangements I showed.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok! Just got on and ready to make Sample Ages! I'm going to edit right now! In the meanwhile, got any ideas?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
All done! It is a sample Overworld Age. Tell me if I forgot any structures in the Structure Gen.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I don't know! :eek:
Did you test it?
With
  • Only Mystcraft
  • FTB Multiplayer
  • FTB Singleplayer
Heard there's bugs, maybe do 2 or 3 of each.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Got a question. As long as you have the mandatory stuff, does it really matter what order they are in? Or do they have to go in a specific order?

Also, trading with villagers is not necessary. Every non-Void Age has a library somewhere nearby. If you can just get an Age stable enough to not have blindness and/or Nausea, you can get in and get out of that library fairly easily. Each contains 1-3 pages on lecterns, and a hidden chest with 5+ more pages. From there you can write less unstable Ages, raid more libraries, and build up a sizable collection of pages in a hurry.

Edit: a little testing. Order of the necessary stuff is irrelevant, as long as it is all there. Also, you MUST specify both a Sun and Moon, as well as Stars, although they can be of the Dark variety, ie turned off. I think if you specify a Sun or Moon and do not specify the other, then the unspecified one generates as Dark at a cost of a bit of instability.

Godomos

Jul 29, 2019
I followed the sample age to the letter in the Ultimate pack and ended up in a cave world. Every world I create ignores my terrain suggestions. Age 2 is usually a cave world every time, no matter what i specify. Some things work, like sky color and glowstone crystals. But my terrain generation never works properly, even the sample age in the guide gave me a cave world, albeit with blue sky as specified. anyone else have this issue? is mystcraft currently broken in that pack?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing you need to do to not get a cave world is to (and this is mandatory) supply "standard terrain generation"[DOUBLEPOST=1362947558][/DOUBLEPOST]For Iskandar, as long as you have the right arrangements, you can put them anywhere on the page. Also, for you don't "need" the moon. I have made many many ages that only had a zero length sun. But, maybe you do need both for a non-zero length sun and moon. I will add that to my guide. "Both sun and moon are necessary if neither has zero length. If one has zero length, then you do not need the other, but you can add it in.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing you need to do to not get a cave world is to (and this is mandatory) supply "standard terrain generation"[DOUBLEPOST=1362947558][/DOUBLEPOST]For Iskandar, as long as you have the right arrangements, you can put them anywhere on the page. Also, for you don't "need" the moon. I have made many many ages that only had a zero length sun. But, maybe you do need both for a non-zero length sun and moon. I will add that to my guide. "Both sun and moon are necessary if neither has zero length. If one has zero length, then you do not need the other, but you can add it in.
it is necassary to add sun, moon and stars else your age will assign it's own of them, and hence you will get instabilty.[DOUBLEPOST=1362947677][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, Godomos, you need empty slots between arrangements.
no, you don't...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I have not heard of forbidden libraries. When I get home (I'm on my iPad), I will test that out.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Got a question. As long as you have the mandatory stuff, does it really matter what order they are in? Or do they have to go in a specific order?

Also, trading with villagers is not necessary. Every non-Void Age has a library somewhere nearby. If you can just get an Age stable enough to not have blindness and/or Nausea, you can get in and get out of that library fairly easily. Each contains 1-3 pages on lecterns, and a hidden chest with 5+ more pages. From there you can write less unstable Ages, raid more libraries, and build up a sizable collection of pages in a hurry.

Edit: a little testing. Order of the necessary stuff is irrelevant, as long as it is all there. Also, you MUST specify both a Sun and Moon, as well as Stars, although they can be of the Dark variety, ie turned off. I think if you specify a Sun or Moon and do not specify the other, then the unspecified one generates as Dark at a cost of a bit of instability.
Void ages have libraries too ;)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I followed the sample age to the letter in the Ultimate pack and ended up in a cave world. Every world I create ignores my terrain suggestions. Age 2 is usually a cave world every time, no matter what i specify. Some things work, like sky color and glowstone crystals. But my terrain generation never works properly, even the sample age in the guide gave me a cave world, albeit with blue sky as specified. anyone else have this issue? is mystcraft currently broken in that pack?
You playing SSP?
It's a bug.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I add a zero length noon sun, the age never adds its own moon. It seems the moon takes the stars with it, in case you forgot to add them, causing instability.