MystCraft 0.10.0.00 Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zoss

Jul 29, 2019
Single biomes in the previous version also added instability. If you only want a single biome type in the old version it was better to just ad a regular biome controller and add 3-4 of the same biomes to it.

Haven't tried the new version thougn, I'll give it a shot this evening.
I've never had instability with all my single biome ages with mystcraft 0.9.5.0.0 - and I have a LOT of single biome types.
Also, can't give myself a creative notebook, odd. Even from creative GUI. (never mind never checked tabs, don't use them normally) I think I'm just going to revert back to 0.9.5 on my server and wait till this version is ironed out a bit more.

Reactions: Dravarden

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Adding instability doesn't mean the age is unstable, it means that these symbols add to the 'instability counter'. Just by itself it probably won't cause issues, but everything that's not 'normal' (single biome, tendrils, etc.) adds instability. Writing an age well counters this by removing instability. By adding stabilising symbols you can counter the instability enough for the age itself to be free of any of the symptoms of instability.

This way you can have an age with crystals and glowstone for example without any of the sicknesses.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Adding instability doesn't mean the age is unstable, it means that these symbols add to the 'instability counter'. Just by itself it probably won't cause issues, but everything that's not 'normal' (single biome, tendrils, etc.) adds instability. Writing an age well counters this by removing instability. By adding stabilising symbols you can counter the instability enough for the age itself to be free of any of the symptoms of instability.

This way you can have an age with crystals and glowstone for example without any of the sicknesses.

Just wondering, would you have a good example of a proper mining age (not referring to dense ores or the likes but a good, stable, and relatively normal age rather.

Thanks.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Just try to add as many normal modifiers as possible. We have a quarry age that has a medium biomes controlles, 4x plains (so it's nice and flat), villages, lakes, lava lakes, etc. The only things that is 'off' is "eternal day". Aside from that it's a nice quarry age it's also a nice source of animal products (meat, leather, feathers) oil, bees, etc.

It's important to fill out the book as much as possible because if stuff is missing it will add symbols and that adds quite a bit of decay (each missing symbol does). That's why if you just craft a descriptive book and jump into it you will always get some form of instability.

Mind you, this is all based on my observations of the previous versions of Mystcraft. Although I don't suspect there are huge changes to this mechanic things might have changed in this regard with the new question.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Simple solution..... someone just needs to make a "villager type" detector.

That way we can make self-managing infinite villager farms and whisk away all the Librarians to a a safe, brightly-lit hole in the ground.

Everyone else will be drowned in lava.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Simple solution..... someone just needs to make a "villager type" detector.

That way we can make self-managing infinite villager farms and whisk away all the Librarians to a a safe, brightly-lit hole in the ground.

Everyone else will be drowned in lava.
keep the thaum villagers too

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
keep the thaum villagers too
Ooo... yeah.

The closest thing is ComputerCraft MiscPeripherals can read IDs.... but I don't think they can read Data Values. And I think they only can read inventory items (the Interactive Sorters). The Minecraft Wiki seems to imply Librarians have a DV of 1.

Just put the villagers into a water trap, have a turtle/block detect their IDs, and activate a track switch to the right destination and load them in minecarts for sorting (with unloaders at their destination).

Could even have overflow detection to lava everything if the destination is full (pressure plate and wireless redstone.... if it's full they won't be able to move away).

See, farming villagers CAN be fun.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, would you have a good example of a proper mining age (not referring to dense ores or the likes but a good, stable, and relatively normal age rather.

Thanks.

Really it's any cave world that is stable. Cave worlds are great for quarry-ing for a variety of reasons. You don't even need dense ores.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Why are cave worls 'better'?

Because they have LOTS of material to recycle, but also lots of dead air you can skip through. For quarries, this situation gives you a lot more flexibility in what you want to mine. It's easy in a cave world to do a huge mining zone on the diamond zone, the copper zone, or anywhere in between.

With some scouting, you can do things like big quarry runs on just interesting metal zones and the diamond range with nothing in between. A very good outcome.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Really it's any cave world that is stable. Cave worlds are great for quarry-ing for a variety of reasons. You don't even need dense ores.

Hmmmmmm, I'll give it a try later tonight perhaps...trouble with cave worlds I find is they are leggy as hell...

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that depends on whether you find CC to be fun... I don't :/
Well, TBH, I don't think CC can do what we want it to do, if you were even reading my post.

Someone will have to make a block that can sort villagers. Like Railcraft or GT.

EDIT: The ComputerCraft add-on OpenCCSensors (not in FTB) can pretty much do this.

Could easily set up a system even without the villager detector, where villagers are spawned and funneled to a minecart, then the minecart travels to a holding track, where you look to see what type of villager it is, then make a quick decision / trade with him and step on a pressure plate to send him to his doom. Minecart unloads him to lava and circles around to pick up a new villager.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ooo... yeah.

The closest thing is ComputerCraft MiscPeripherals can read IDs.... but I don't think they can read Data Values. And I think they only can read inventory items (the Interactive Sorters). The Minecraft Wiki seems to imply Librarians have a DV of 1.

Just put the villagers into a water trap, have a turtle/block detect their IDs, and activate a track switch to the right destination and load them in minecarts for sorting (with unloaders at their destination).

Could even have overflow detection to lava everything if the destination is full (pressure plate and wireless redstone.... if it's full they won't be able to move away).

See, farming villagers CAN be fun.
What came to mind was an army of turtles armed with swords and mining lasers, invading villages and rounding up the "Chosen Ones" and killing the rest.

The day of turtlenet grows closer...

Reactions: kev12east

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Pack updates are on Monday evenings GMT. :)

I don't suppose there's a regular time the team is aiming at? I'm torn between waiting patiently like an adult and indulging my inner child by going straight to the test build (which is probably unwise).

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks.

single mushroom biome, bright, caves, eternal day, wooden tendrils and crystals.

thats what I will do as soon as I get ultimate, cheat that age in, never touch mystcraft again (besides portals for nexus maybe).

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
and flat, flat is verrrrrrry useful for a mining age
Flat tends to start the terrain at 128.

That means a lot of wasted BC power on a Quarry to get to the good stuff (Diamond level).

Stick with normal (height of 50-80) or Cave World + Caves + Ravines (Cave world is just Flat with a hollow center). Keep in mind, I think in the TE file very few ores spawn above 80-90. So 30 blocks or 1/4 of what you mine is largely wasted power (you'll get some iron and coal, about it).

Reactions: KirinDave