MystCraft 0.10.0.00 Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
After months of waiting, it's finally here, and it's a massive update!

This is highly likely to be part of the next FTB pack update on Monday so be prepared! Here's Direwolf20's mod spotlight on the new Mystcraft.

World saves will carry over to the new version safely without doing anything. There may be a few quirks but your stuff will be intact. I know because I already checked my own world. The most likely change is to your skyline. I now have a pink horizon. o.o

I'm a bit lost and trying to find my way around the changes. Then I realised that everyone else is in the same boat, so here's a thread.

Users of Creative Notebooks, be aware that you now have to spawn in a special Creative book. This book is for now only available from the vanilla Creative menu and can't be found in NEI.

Reactions: KirinDave

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Changes Caves to "stack" (produce unique cave systems for each symbol added)
Does this mean that adding more than one Caves symbol will generate more caves? That would make resources much easier to find, even without a Dense Ores symbol.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mean that adding more than one Caves symbol will generate more caves? That would make resources much easier to find, even without a Dense Ores symbol.

It also reduces the amount of ore to find, as all that air competes with ore. It really depends on how you mine, automatic mining means you should avoid air.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Would be nice if there was a dense world. Like, not dense ores, but a world that had all the ores in but 0 caves... that'd be a nice mining world :3
but yeah, still gonna disable all decay effects

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
It used to be a feather and a normal book. Now that doesnt work. I guess I will have to wait for direwolf20's mod spotlight in an hour.[DOUBLEPOST=1361032846][/DOUBLEPOST]The desk looks totally different now too. I am eager to find out the new dynamics.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Based on the update info for the FTB packs, the new Mystcraft won't be added to packs it's not already in right now.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Digging through Mystcraft forums, I found this:

xcompwiz said:
This is changed in the upcoming release. In order for Dense Ores to generate ores from mods someone will need to use the Mystcraft API.
No more easy iridium in dense ores ages? (Or at least until Greg hears about this, and only if he decides to allow it.)

Will mystcraft be in the mindcrack pack?
Very unlikely. Guude said somewhere that he doesn't want it in the pack. (You can still add it yourself without any conflicts though.)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
xcompwiz said:
“This is changed in the upcoming release. In order for Dense Ores to generate ores from mods someone will need to use the Mystcraft API.
hmm this actually sounds pretty appealing... no more will we get all 4(?) kinds of copper coming through our sorting systems when we mine in a DO age.

Let's just hope KingLemming will see this change and add his ores to the API

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Digging through Mystcraft forums, I found this:

No more easy iridium in dense ores ages? (Or at least until Greg hears about this, and only if he decides to allow it.)

Being able to generate "Ender Stone/Ender Island" should give you more iridium than anybody could want.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah, after watching the spotlight, I can definitely say I won't be using it in anything resembling normal play. :D Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing mod for derping around and definitely a lot of fun to just play with and explore, but it completely throws any assumptions about resource availability out of the window.

The floor is diamonds, the hills are iridium, and the sea is fuel!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not covered by DW20, but I believe that there will also be the abliity to discover pages in ages you write, with specially generated worldgen ruins.

44 emeralds for lava oceans? Ouch. Better get digging/trading!

While the player has more control over ages, you still have to play the random number game. Finding a village, hope it spawns a mystcraft villager, random luck with what he has and what the building has.
I bet also the chance of breeding a mystcraft villager will be very low too.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah, after watching the spotlight, I can definitely say I won't be using it in anything resembling normal play. :D Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing mod for derping around and definitely a lot of fun to just play with and explore, but it completely throws any assumptions about resource availability out of the window.

The floor is diamonds, the hills are iridium, and the sea is fuel!

Well, in "normal play" you'd have to get those symbols (and that's assuming the symbols exist - diamonds do, but fuel doesn't and iridium is unknown)

But the cost is ultimately only 64 emeralds if they exist at all. And can be copied between players. How long does an age have to remain in existence before "emerald ore" "tendrils" "diamond ore" "tendrils" pays for itself. (Answer: Under a minute)