My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Extreme Lethamyr Ep2 is out. Meteors are falling from the sky, but that doesn't stop me from being curious about an empty cave.

I've watched it in the morning, another great episode! I'm really liking this Idea. At first I thought it wasn't going to be god because Vechs balances the maps by himself and you'd be making it unballenced again, but, if automatization is kept to a minimum, then, I don't see the unballence. Thanks for the great videos Dave!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Exciting news!

Resonant Rise, the modpack, is public! That's right, it's finally become a real modpack you can download. We have permissions for every mod we host, and we've found a Launcher technology that let's us legally include mods that we cannot reach the authors about! It's really the best of all worlds! You can grab the ATLauncher that we used. Just fire it up and search for Resonant Rise in the packs section. You can also see all of RR's configs and our ongoing refinement process in a github project. If you'd like to contribute, send me a pull request!

I can't tell you how excited I am to finally get this modpack published, nor can I tell you how grateful I am to the people and the community that got me started with it. I hope one day I can also release on the FTB Launcher. I will try and run into mod authors at MineCon and ask them. In the meantime, have fun!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
For those wondering, the public version is for all intents and purposes a pre-release, although we've had a lot of fun with it in testing. :)

The first complete release of the pack will be for Minecraft 1.6.X.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Exciting news!

Resonant Rise, the modpack, is public! That's right, it's finally become a real modpack you can download. We have permissions for every mod we host, and we've found a Launcher technology that let's us legally include mods that we cannot reach the authors about! It's really the best of all worlds! You can grab the ATLauncher that we used. Just fire it up and search for Resonant Rise in the packs section. You can also see all of RR's configs and our ongoing refinement process in a github project. If you'd like to contribute, send me a pull request!

I can't tell you how excited I am to finally get this modpack published, nor can I tell you how grateful I am to the people and the community that got me started with it. I hope one day I can also release on the FTB Launcher. I will try and run into mod authors at MineCon and ask them. In the meantime, have fun!

Would be pretty freakin impressive if you were to wear an RR t-shirt using the logo that Lindamarica made for the Launcher :D

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the pack last night and launched a single player world to check it out for a few mins. The launcher makes the whole process really easy, I love the simplicity of it, and the design is nice.

Anyway I think when I actually play the pack I should use a different map as I landed a village beside spawn containing a Tinker's Construct house complete with parts, patterns and tables inside. Unfortunately I'm not one of those people that learns well when stuff is handed to them on a plate, so I'll have to either block the house off, burn it down, or use a different map! In any case, congratulations on the release, and I'm looking forward to playing with the pack.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Because of the release of my modpack I've been really busy. And also I have come to the conclusion I made Lethamyr too hard! I died on camera!

Now for various reasons I keep backups of my world as I progress (mostly so that I don't die OFF camera or have a glictch break the world or something silly like that, that'd ruin the series). But yeah. The Atomic Stryker Infernal Mobs mod is too good. Too strong. I hit a pair of enemies that were actually unkillable (skeletons with high armor, thorns on hit, knockback, and teleportation) that I ran from then I ran into a zombie with resilience and thorns in a narrow cavern and died.

Bummer.

So I'm curious what you all think I should do to proceed. I've put a lot of time into that world already, and I even have a new wall and thorough lighting and a green chocobo to show off. Should I just reload from a save and keep going or should I start from scratch?

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Because of the release of my modpack I've been really busy. And also I have come to the conclusion I made Lethamyr too hard! I died on camera!

Now for various reasons I keep backups of my world as I progress (mostly so that I don't die OFF camera or have a glictch break the world or something silly like that, that'd ruin the series). But yeah. The Atomic Stryker Infernal Mobs mod is too good. Too strong. I hit a pair of enemies that were actually unkillable (skeletons with high armor, thorns on hit, knockback, and teleportation) that I ran from then I ran into a zombie with resilience and thorns in a narrow cavern and died.

Bummer.

So I'm curious what you all think I should do to proceed. I've put a lot of time into that world already, and I even have a new wall and thorough lighting and a green chocobo to show off. Should I just reload from a save and keep going or should I start from scratch?

As long as you show your death, I think you should keep going. I really am looking forward to seeing that.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you show your death, I think you should keep going. I really am looking forward to seeing that.

I have a "blooper reel" of me dying over and over in increasingly absurd ways. I was planning to save it. I had one where I got a phone call and you can hear me talking to my sister and then I go, "OH! A ZOMBIE! NO I'M FALLING!" and you can hear my sister yelling into the phone, "Dave? Dave? Are you okay?" as I just stare at the screen, utterly pissed off.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I have a "blooper reel" of me dying over and over in increasingly absurd ways. I was planning to save it. I had one where I got a phone call and you can hear me talking to my sister and then I go, "OH! A ZOMBIE! NO I'M FALLING!" and you can hear my sister yelling into the phone, "Dave? Dave? Are you okay?" as I just stare at the screen, utterly pissed off.

Make it a special episode! Like, in the end of the series.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Dave, I watched it in the morning, why are you saying that now?

I set the video to upload when I go to sleep, and post and update forum stuff when I get a chance in the morning. I'm trying to grow my channel, so I make sure to link it everywhere that it's appropriate to.

Reactions: dgdas9