My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm kicking off a new series! I took the SuperHostile Lethamyr map and souped it up with a selection of adventure mods and a bare-bones set of automation mods (buildcraft, railcraft, MineFactory Reloaded). The goal is to have an insanely hard, hardcore-mode playthrough of one of the harder maps Vechs has put out. Minimap mods: forbidden. :D

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
It's not going to be on the FTB launcher, is it?

Sadly, no. The FTB Launcher just doesn't give us the stuff we need to proceed. What's more, a lot of people have warned me that if you do more than bi-weekly updates the FTB Update process doesn't work well. Since we've pretty consistently done weekly updates (and sometimes more than that for config patching), I feel like it might not be a good idea. And there's the fact that ATLauncher gives direct and browser-based download options. This means we can have a modpack with Thaumcraft without violating Thaumcraft's license.

I appreciate FTB and still love the modpack and what they do. But to be honest? ... The way FTB is set up, unless you're a good friend of the modpack team or a public pack, you are pretty much put in a "cannot be awesome" box. I'm sure the FTB team didn't mean to do this, but you effectively cannot compete with the FTB public packs on the FTB launcher because they have special relationships that they've made exclusive deals on.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate FTB and still love the modpack and what they do. But to be honest? ... The way FTB is set up, unless you're a good friend of the modpack team or a public pack, you are pretty much put in a "cannot be awesome" box. I'm sure the FTB team didn't mean to do this, but you effectively cannot compete with the FTB public packs on the FTB launcher because they have special relationships that they've made exclusive deals on.

I think RR has a big potential on FTB though. Most mod packs on FTB don't have a dedicated fan base like RR does and putting the mod pack on FTB would mean a lot more publicity, even if its in the "cannot be awesome" box and is lower on the list. And, as it is, it's rather difficult for you're average person to actually play the mod pack, FTB could make this a lot easier. Also, if you get popular enough, you guys can also make ties with mod authors. I mean, you guys already have an exclusive beta testing server, (sort of) similar to Forgecraft. Anyways, just my opinion.

Reactions: dgdas9

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
We can't publish RR via FTB or Technic because we lack the necessary permissions to do so. ATLauncher allows us to release without gutting the pack's key content and without actually violating the permissions requirements of the mod authors we've not been able to get in touch with - any mods we don't have direct permissions for we can use the mod author's public authorised link to download from instead. The mods we don't have permissions for are the ones with very difficult to reach authors and whilst we'd love to get formal permission for these remaining mods and make the pack viable for FTB and Technic Platform, first these mod devs have to stop giving us the brick wall treatment. ;)

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
We can't publish RR via FTB or Technic because we lack the necessary permissions to do so. ATLauncher allows us to release without gutting the pack's key content and without actually violating the permissions requirements of the mod authors we've not been able to get in touch with - any mods we don't have direct permissions for we can use the mod author's public authorised link to download from instead. The mods we don't have permissions for are the ones with very difficult to reach authors and whilst we'd love to get formal permission for these remaining mods and make the pack viable for FTB and Technic Platform, first these mod devs have to stop giving us the brick wall treatment. ;)
Ah, OK, thanks :).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, OK, thanks :).

That said, there are tons of cool ideas being worked on in the ATLauncher world, which is much more about users making modpacks for users. I'm going to publish my Lethamyr modpack soon. I'm trying to get in touch with Vechs to see if I can republish a version that I've tweaked to support Tinker's construct, Harken's Scythe, and more.

Reactions: dgdas9

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
That said, there are tons of cool ideas being worked on in the ATLauncher world, which is much more about users making modpacks for users. I'm going to publish my Lethamyr modpack soon. I'm trying to get in touch with Vechs to see if I can republish a version that I've tweaked to support Tinker's construct, Harken's Scythe, and more.
Nice!

Oh yeah, and what are TS1/2? Is TS1 the server that your lets play is on?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Would people like it if I added more games? Like... I'm actually pretty good at Dwarf Fortress. Would people like watching that?

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Would people like it if I added more games? Like... I'm actually pretty good at Dwarf Fortress. Would people like watching that?
Maybe, it depends of the game. I've never played Dwarf Fortress, so I'm not sure about that one, but I'd suggest not playing games that many/popular Youtubers are playing. If you play something new people are most likely to watch it over a game that they've seen already. Just my opinion, though.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
Dave If you end up making a DF series would you be playing Fort mode or Adventure mode?