My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
It does appear that Twilight forest, Thaumcraft and ars magica are the only "no-go" mods, and ichun's ones could cause problems, that annoying, as the portal gun mod is a very functional one, and personally the ability to "neutralise" spawners relatively early game via the Grav gun is really fun as well.

Well I guess as long as the config supports it, everything else can be installed.

Apparent twilight forest author is very active on twitter, and apparently follows lambert, perhaps between you you could get perms?

Also, why is it just the magic mods that don't let people use them? Does every modpack have to be the same?

Also, there was little/no permissions information available for the UE mods, so I don't knew how to go about getting these.

There's in numerous places statements how if its going to he via ftb, you can definately use my mod, if not, not so likely, so getting this pack in with FTB would make perms a LOT easier.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I... actually suggested half-heartedly to Greg that it would be interesting and cruel to have the flint and steel use steel. He did add matches, though! And seeing as we have Ars, fire isn't a problem.
Shame on you, Way. :p You should pay more attention to what are you saying in your LP's. Now we can also expect bloody sacrifices required to build Greg's machines.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
It does appear that Twilight forest, Thaumcraft and ars magica are the only "no-go" mods, and ichun's ones could cause problems, that annoying, as the portal gun mod is a very functional one, and personally the ability to "neutralise" spawners relatively early game via the Grav gun is really fun as well.

Well I guess as long as the config supports it, everything else can be installed.

Apparent twilight forest author is very active on twitter, and apparently follows lambert, perhaps between you you could get perms?

Also, why is it just the magic mods that don't let people use them? Does every modpack have to be the same?

Also, there was little/no permissions information available for the UE mods, so I don't knew how to go about getting these.

There's in numerous places statements how if its going to he via ftb, you can definately use my mod, if not, not so likely, so getting this pack in with FTB would make perms a LOT easier.
Well, to be honest, Portal Gun is a nice addition, but one can live without it, even though it makes Dimensional Dungeons even more attractive in terms of possible loot.
Calclavia allows the modpacks but his policy is kinda restrictive. AFAIK modpack should be "popular" or something like that. I think Aidan and Alex-hawks are less restrictive, but I can be wrong. AFAIR Muse has no problems with modpacks. Don't know about Assembly Line and MineChem.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

I'm hoping if I can get FTB inclusion then I can resolve a few things. I'm more concerned about TF. Everything I've seen is that Mithian is a good person who really doesn't do modpack inclusion because it's a hassle. He's the one I had in mind with my charity strategy.

As for Twilight Forest, I want it but I don't know much about the author. If he's amenable? Great. If not: then we'll nix it. I'm hoping we can network. Good eye on the Lambert connection!

Part of the reason I've been trying so hard (and am so grateful to PonyKuu and Poppycocks) to engage the UE folks with meaningful bug reports is to build a relationship with them so that we can gain their trust and demonstrate we'll be contributors to their efforts by being a first line of testing and bug management.

Indeed. I'm about to ping a few more people.

Reactions: PonyKuu

RavenTwospirit

Jul 29, 2019
Phew! After 2-3 hours of debugging last night, and at least as much tonight, I've tracked down my "the Thaumonomicon is showing the wrong recipies for the Scribing Tools" conflict!

It's Railcraft 7.1.0.0 and Gregtech 3.05e (also tried 3.05g, but that has the same problem). I can have all of my other mod versions in and the Thaumonomicon shows the correct recipe for the Scribing Tools. With either or both of Railcraft/Gregtech installed, the wrong recipe shows up.

Which makes me a sad camper, because my kids like the various trains mods (Railcraft, and Steve's Carts, and Traincraft, oh my!), and I like Gregtech (as long as the configs tone down its changes to other mods recipies).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Phew! After 2-3 hours of debugging last night, and at least as much tonight, I've tracked down my "the Thaumonomicon is showing the wrong recipies for the Scribing Tools" conflict!

It's Railcraft 7.1.0.0 and Gregtech 3.05e (also tried 3.05g, but that has the same problem). I can have all of my other mod versions in and the Thaumonomicon shows the correct recipe for the Scribing Tools. With either or both of Railcraft/Gregtech installed, the wrong recipe shows up.

Which makes me a sad camper, because my kids like the various trains mods (Railcraft, and Steve's Carts, and Traincraft, oh my!), and I like Gregtech (as long as the configs tone down its changes to other mods recipies).

I wonder if this is fixed in the latest 1.5.2 release...

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Shame on you, Way. :p You should pay more attention to what are you saying in your LP's. Now we can also expect bloody sacrifices required to build Greg's machines.

Good thing I've been practicing those to summon my girlfriend (who, by her own admission, is Satan)! ^-^

That is a joke.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, something different that's n
So guys. Good news. A "Public Private" FTB pack is entirely possible! We're gonna do this!

In other news, I finally tracked down the mod that cause chunkgen to be so insanely slow. Underground Biomes.

Ooh, something different that's not stuck in 1.4.7!

If a server were running this I would definitely check it out.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
So guys. Good news. A "Public Private" FTB pack is entirely possible! We're gonna do this!

In other news, I finally tracked down the mod that cause chunkgen to be so insanely slow. Underground Biomes.
Awww shit, I knew it, see kids, wishful thinking never works.

It does another replacement pass coupled with a sort of a inverted fractal cave gen for stone placement. Which I can't imagine being cheap. I can't even begin to guess how he makes the cave gen completely replace all of the vanilla stone, but I think he's just using an increasingly bigger brush, which again, sounds very costly. Considering it has to do this for the whole bottom chunk up to 128... No wonder notch didn't want to raise the sea level to 128. Oh and there's probably a third pass for putting some vanilla stone back in.

I dunno, maybe a more geometric approach would be cheaper, generate a bunch of point in space, connect them to form meshes... Then again, checking for connections intersecting generated meshes would be crazy math, testing to see which mesh a block's in would be complicated as well.... Man.

It would be nice for generating strata though. Easier than fractals anyway.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019

i knew it!, are you removing UB or what are you going to do?
also did slow contact you?

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
tGUWciR.jpg
this is how the underground looks without UB...

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well UB look nice. More types of stone, decorative blocks and so on. However, ores look weird...
And, yeah... world transition can be a pain. I think there's a way to replace all the stone with, well, stone and so on...

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, from the Mekanism repository on GitHub

Some people really don't like others to review or distribute their mods, something which I honestly don't understand. You are the ones who help get this mod into the Minecraft community's hands, which seems like a good thing from my perspective. So go ahead, do whatever you like. I honestly just don't want you messaging me on IRC or on the forums, asking my permission. If you need proof, provide a link to this page, or give them information on the MIT license.

RavenTwospirit

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if this is fixed in the latest 1.5.2 release...
Here's hoping!

That also suggests my next line of investigation. I was going to get out the fine toothed comb for the Railcraft/Gregtech configs tonight, but doing some testing with 1.5.2, the latest Forge, and the 1.5.2 versions of Thaumcraft,RC/GT sounds like a better plan A.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
The bloklag I get is weird sometimes... it seems like MPS has some sort of bug that exacerbates blog lag.

Immibis told me this, in regards to lag caused by MPS, in this thread:
immibis said:
It sends an update about every player to every other player every tick. Each update is 87 bytes long.
With 30 players, that's 52.2 kB/s sent to each player, or 1.57 MB/s sent in total, and that will likely be 80%+ of your server's total used bandwidth.

With 50 players, 87 kB/s and 4.35 MB/s respectively.
Not sure how accurate this statement is, but if it is true, this may be the cause of your lag.

Exterminator Jeff mentioned on MCF, when responding to a strange ore gen bug some of us were having, that he was going to be rewriting (at least part of) the mod.

EDIT: Corrected Link

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that is certainly good news! If it is a Public Private pack, do you require the code to view it, or will the launcher automagically have it up as a quasi public pack?

Also, if it is a P-P-pack, that would be one step closer to a full public release!