My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well, RP2 also looks too complicated for someone. Rednet is far better than vanilla redstone, and has some advantages over RP2. That's your choise, but if you try to figure it out, it will help you a lot to make compact and cool-looking control rooms and redstone circuits.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
I know but i hate red stone in general and i don't need it for much other than doors

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
If so, vanilla redstone may be enough for your goals. But keep in mind that you can use RedNet as RP2 Jacketed Cable.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to do that, you can do that if you want :p
You can use default white color on each connection and ignore the others. And it's not that hard to get used to colors. Basically, different colors - different signals. Same color - same signal

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
oh so i don't need to use what ever that mfr tool thingey was then it works by default? i might give it a try then

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
One can also use the omniwrench as well, if thro choose.
Does CC have intergration with Rednet as it did with bundled cable yet?
Even a misc Periferals thing?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
One can also use the omniwrench as well, if thro choose.
Does CC have intergration with Rednet as it did with bundled cable yet?
Even a misc Periferals thing?
I'm told that some of the betas do. I'm not sure that people out there realize how awesome RedNet is and that may be why such an obvious thing is lagging. That is part of the reason I wanna do these tutorials.

Because RedNet is s epic an addition to Minecraft as anything Eloraam has ever done, and then some.[DOUBLEPOST=1369323613][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hrrm think i still prefer rp2 wire i'll prob stick with vanilla redstone for niw rednet looks too complicated

P.S. Red power will never be the primary mod it once was ever again. Even if Eloraam resurrects it, KingLemming and PowerCrystals are making sure that it looks a bit dowdy and old-fashioned.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The one advantage it may have is CHEAP logic. Which actually fits in with "dowdy and old fashioned" now that I think about it.
However, Rednet cable seems cheaper, by comparison even to vanilla redstone, assuming more redstone is more expensive than rubber, as is depending on your situation.
Also much easier to use basically- The carrying of equal signal strength means that you can easily (for example) have a full wall if strength 7 glowstone illuminators, for example, something red alloy wore with its signal strength of 225 cannot do.
It's a lot cheaper to put some redstone and stone wafers together than the more complicated. Recipe required to get rednet to do logic via the controller.
People seem to forget that computercraft can easily make a timer, or NOT gate, or even a conplex RP circuit in a single block.
I an guessing that CC can output a basic redstone signal into a single side/colour currently, I'm quite sure the Beta Intergration is getting it to use lots if colours from one point.
Also, RP kinda excells for me to being pretty much the only way to distribute items, even now it's the simplest.
Can BC gates pulse once per red pipe signal? I heard that was being worked on, as would correspond with the number of "triggers" set to this.
Also, doesn't the speed of autarctic gates now depend on the amount of "triggers" devoted to it?
Ie a basic autarctic gate set to pulse would pull one item at a time, and an iron one pulls 2?
I heard it scales multiplatively, so a diamond gate with all the options set to pulse will pull like a stack at a time or something?

Also, mods like ugocraft (Japanese only for now XD) complex machines (UE) and such can effectively replace frames.
The ars magica earth shift spell can make a cool makeshift floating platform , if your into that.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The one advantage it may have is CHEAP logic. Which actually fits in with "dowdy and old fashioned" now that I think about it.

PRCs aren't that expensive and you can use one to do a LOT of stuff. Just one controller with maybe an upgrade card or two can handle a huge sum of functions. I sort of prefer this this model to the "pieces of logic everywhere" approach of RP2, on a purely aesthetic level.

Also, I always found the RP2 stuff to be incredibly tedious to build even with RP2 project tables, which is actually a pretty significant cost. It's easier to automate that stuff now, but early on in 1.4.6 pre-appeng they were pretty annoying to autocraft.

Also, RP kinda excells for me to being pretty much the only way to distribute items, even now it's the simplest.

Extra Utilities, infinitubes, recent builds of minefactory reloaded, and even TE's buildcraft additions make it very easy to do this. Heck, insertion pipes basically solve the problem, and MFR item routers do a great job even pre-build-800.

Also, mods like ugocraft (Japanese only for now XD) complex machines (UE) and such can effectively replace frames.

I have 0 hopes of Ugocraft ever being a reliable server mod. But I have tested CM and it works pretty well. I'm just reluctant to ever let frames back into a world I have control over. They're so very not-minecraft.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
This is where we wait for ponykuu to share with us his knowledge of all things UE (biotech) XD

So you don't like frames? Thats sad, they could do so much. I havent actually tried out complex machines, so I cannot give an honest opinion on it.