My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way I can get this modpack? The links in his youtube don't work for me...
The links download the right time four me. Are you not getting the config pack or were you expecting the download to be the full modpack.

If it is the later then know that we're starting to work on permissions.

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
Hey kirin , i think as i am a peaceful guy (and not a jerk) and know A LOT of stuff about mod and this series is going out so awesome bro and kindly , may i ask IF i have your permission to join your server with respect , and i hope the answer to come whither its no or whither its yes and thanks.
Jaggles.
P.S:I might not be so much known or talky on forums so i hope u don't affect by it and i do have a fair microphone , though it might change how my real sound would look into some what bad sound.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Question...I couldn't find the download for IC2 for 1.5.1 or the download for Chickenbones' translocator mod. Could anyone point me towards where I could download them?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 snapshots can be found here - http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/ This link is also in the Esper.net #industrial-craft channel

I found a link to 1.1.0.0 for translocators in a PDF of chickenbones site, but neither it nor 1.0.0.2 will run on MC 1.5.2. Both versions pop up a message stating that they are for 1.5.1 only.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
With the preview 0.8.0 config I am receiving a few errors.

I get an error with regard to the ICBM mod.. Looks like ICBM can't find the latest UE API. It does look like the format of the basic machines and Universal Electricity has changed a bit in the latest version. I removed ICBM, and started getting errors with Forestry & Gregtech. Looks like the 2.2.4.3 version of forestry added a couple new blocks as listed below.

I:lepidopterology=
I:stained=

I also had to add -XX:MaxPermSize=128m to the Java command line as I ran out of perm memory as suggested on this thread - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1654589-out-of-memory-permgen-fix/

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 snapshots can be found here - http://ic2api.player.to:8080/job/IC2_lf/ This link is also in the Esper.net #industrial-craft channel

I found a link to 1.1.0.0 for translocators in a PDF of chickenbones site, but neither it nor 1.0.0.2 will run on MC 1.5.2. Both versions pop up a message stating that they are for 1.5.1 only.

Weird, the IC2 link doesn't seem to be working for me.

Well, from what I understand the 1.5.2 update for this is nearly upon us so maybe I'll wait until then to get everything working.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I got most of the stuff on RR working using the pre-release configs, but I had some major lag. There were just too many mods, and my system couldn't handle the strain, so I rolled my own. RR did point me to a few mods I didn't know about before and seemed rather cool. So thanks Dave for making the mod pack.

Reactions: KirinDave

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I got most of the stuff on RR working using the pre-release configs, but I had some major lag. There were just too many mods, and my system couldn't handle the strain, so I rolled my own. RR did point me to a few mods I didn't know about before and seemed rather cool. So thanks Dave for making the mod pack.

This, to me, is a good outcome.[DOUBLEPOST=1369766010][/DOUBLEPOST]Episode 13 is up. There won't be another Let's Play this week. I had a very busy weekend. But this episode is kinda long.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Very much enjoyed the latest episode, despite the FPS and blocklag issues :p Reminds me of when I used to play on my laptop XD

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'll push a new rev tonight that should make things better. Sorry about your bandwidth.
it's k.. I went over my limit last month by 200mb, ended up costing me an extra €11 ontop of my bill.. guess I'll just have to cut down on some other things

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
it's k.. I went over my limit last month by 200mb, ended up costing me an extra €11 ontop of my bill.. guess I'll just have to cut down on some other things

You know dude, you can just update your modpack by hand. It's actually surprisingly simple. Join the server. It'll tell you what's broken. Go to notenoughmods, find the links, ask me for the ones you can't find, and that's a minimal set. I'll start maintaining the configpack in isolation.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
You know dude, you can just update your modpack by hand. It's actually surprisingly simple. Join the server. It'll tell you what's broken. Go to notenoughmods, find the links, ask me for the ones you can't find, and that's a minimal set. I'll start maintaining the configpack in isolation.
that sounds pretty good. Updating to 0.8.0 was a huuuge chore.. I had Linda telling me exactly what to do and still couldn't do it. She ended up just zipping up her minecraft folder and sending it all to me (190ish mb :S )
I will learn how to do this lol

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
What did you guys think of the editing I did in this last episode? Did you like the text boxes?

Also, I've got a few builds in mind that would be doable in the new FTB ultimate as well as Resonant Rise. Do you think calling that out would be worthwhile for folks? "You have these mods, you can do this too!"

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
What did you guys think of the editing I did in this last episode? Did you like the text boxes?
it was good, it's not the first time though right? I remember you did it for when you formatted the AE drives too.
I don't mind reading here and there but I know others might be less inclined to. You also gave plenty of time for people to actually read what was written (although bear in mind I'm quite a speedy reader so that mightn't be true for everyone)