My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Also, There is a lightupdate lag preventer thing available on Gregs IC2 forum page, basically it stops every square of every chunk checking every tick for light level, and changes it to once per second or something.
It seriously improves performance, check it out?
I have it installed with your pack and have been experiencing no problems.
The memory issues were mostly fixed by uninstalling the NEI bees plugin, which crashed upon detection of bees that don't produce anything (celebratory), and this seemed to be causing my problems.

Thank you SO much for this, dave, for your awesome pack, kuu for teaching me most if what I know about UE balance and everyone else in this thread for helping me get MultiMc working.

Anyways dart craft?
I know dire did a spot light on it, if its gonna be added to RR Ill check it out.

The new powersuits are awesome.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I watched the spotlight and there are some good mechanics in dartcraft, however I don't like the some design things... As well as shearing cows for leather >_<

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
On the modpack:

So other things we've been looking at (but will probably not be in the first 1.5.2 release, which is just waiting on mystcraft).

1. Dartcraft. Maybe. It's not my favorite mod but the backpacks are good. Our current backpack mod is just not good.
  2. RotaryCraft. If you have not seen this mod check it out. Some seriously good work. All it needs is compat work. This may be my foray into modding, because MJ outputs and UE outputs would be totally sweet.
  3. Thaumic Tinkerer (formerly Elemental Tinkerer): Probably going in. More thaumcraft is good thaumcraft. We'll see if we can disable the EE-like functionality, as their system is (and this is sorta amazing) more powerful than Ars's.
On My Youtube Channel:
Two more episodes coming up. I build a hydrogen power plant and get AE online, starting to move my base.
I am probably gonna try and do a spotlight on RotaryCraft tonight. It's just hilariously cool. It really, really needs interop though!
I'm thinking of doing a short series of creative mode rednet tutorials. I've been sorta helping other people on the server who aren't used to the work. DoctorOr, Poppycocks, and Way of Time can hang, but I think for a lot of people without some formal computer experience it might be tricky to hop onboard with rednet. Which is a shame, because it's actually much easier to build complex systems with it. My solution: Let's Learn Rednet Quickly. Common things like: "how do I make a timer?" "how do I turn off a timer?" "How do I use this with a comparator?" "What's a practical use for that feature?"

Reactions: Anubis

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Tinkerer (formerly Elemental Tinkerer): Probably going in. More thaumcraft is good thaumcraft. We'll see if we can disable the EE-like functionality, as their system is (and this is sorta amazing) more powerful than Ars's.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. That's crazy. What does it do to make it more powerful?

Deor

Jul 29, 2019
I think.i need to increase the allocated Memory now, however my computer only has 6GB of RAM, and if I try to increase it it gives me an error upon launching the instance.
Am I doomed to permanantly crash when trying to play?

I have 8gb but I've never had to give minectaft more than 1, been fine running FTB mind crack and my own pack with 74 mods in. More important for he has been setting the premsize thing. That and making sure you have the latest version if java 7 (and 64but version if appropriate), oh and change the LWJGL version to 2.9.

Sent from my Paranoid Android

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
On the modpack:

So other things we've been looking at (but will probably not be in the first 1.5.2 release, which is just waiting on mystcraft).

1. Dartcraft. Maybe. It's not my favorite mod but the backpacks are good. Our current backpack mod is just not good.
  2. RotaryCraft. If you have not seen this mod check it out. Some seriously good work. All it needs is compat work. This may be my foray into modding, because MJ outputs and UE outputs would be totally sweet.
  3. Thaumic Tinkerer (formerly Elemental Tinkerer): Probably going in. More thaumcraft is good thaumcraft. We'll see if we can disable the EE-like functionality, as their system is (and this is sorta amazing) more powerful than Ars's.
On My Youtube Channel:
Two more episodes coming up. I build a hydrogen power plant and get AE online, starting to move my base.
I am probably gonna try and do a spotlight on RotaryCraft tonight. It's just hilariously cool. It really, really needs interop though!
I'm thinking of doing a short series of creative mode rednet tutorials. I've been sorta helping other people on the server who aren't used to the work. DoctorOr, Poppycocks, and Way of Time can hang, but I think for a lot of people without some formal computer experience it might be tricky to hop onboard with rednet. Which is a shame, because it's actually much easier to build complex systems with it. My solution: Let's Learn Rednet Quickly. Common things like: "how do I make a timer?" "how do I turn off a timer?" "How do I use this with a comparator?" "What's a practical use for that feature?"
Sounds cool! Can't wait for both videos and 1.5.2 version.

However, is dartcraft the best backpack mod? I can't believe that there's so little backpack mods so we have to grab this one...

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
On the modpack:

On My Youtube Channel:

I am probably gonna try and do a spotlight on RotaryCraft tonight."

When is it coming out?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I understand your dislike if compression blocks, but you do realise that by turning compression blocks on for valuable things, like platinum, prevents people from using the ars magica thingie to make tons of platinum blocks, and getting iridium that way.
So perhaps consider turning it on for platinum?
It would probably be for the best.
Gregs config let's you do them all individually, so this may help.

And that tinkers thing seems epic.

I will start gathering the perms how to get list now, hopefully this will lessen your workload.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I understand your dislike if compression blocks, but you do realise that by turning compression blocks on for valuable things, like platinum, prevents people from using the ars magica thingie to make tons of platinum blocks, and getting iridium that way.

Interesting.
So perhaps consider turning it on for platinum?
It would probably be for the best.
Gregs config let's you do them all individually, so this may help.

I'll talk to the testers.

I will start gathering the perms how to get list now, hopefully this will lessen your workload.
It would. Thanks!

RavenTwospirit

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of Thaumcraft, I encountered some wierdness last night. (And I promise, I'll spend my minecraft time tonight trying to do some real testing/debugging of the issue! It was late when I discovered it and I was tired :p ) .....

I created a Thaumonomicon and started looking at it. The recipies for things like the Scribing Tools were showing modules from Steve's Carts instead. NEI had the correct recipe for the tools, and I was able to make them using the real recipe. It looks as though just the Thaumonomicon is confused.

It could just be me and my non-standard version of Steve's Carts; that's definitely one of the things I'm planning to check on tonight.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Remember however, Tinkers construct can have an autos melt fortune pick.
So if a platinum block is smelted, it works like fortune.
So turning on the macerator recipe, not the furnace recipe would be best.
They're discussing it in Gregs thread ATM.

Also, the perms for most of the UE stuffs seem hard to get, by that I mean I see no mention of perms at all!
I can see above that Calclavias is active on twitter, so asking him directly should work for ICBM/UE/BasicComponants etc.
Most mod devs are active on twitter, with this seemingly often the primary way to contact them.
That's why in my list I am including the modder names for all the mods.

Reactions: KirinDave