My New Puppy

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
RiogsYS.png

uOxNmP8.png

7y6zrAi.png

tX32y4n.png

3qmMAMh.png

9QjByU6.png

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I replaced the LogPipes with igneous extruders. I was actually consuming cobble faster than my quarry could produce it. LogPipes also had trouble keeping track of two inventories per supply pipe. I had though that it would be able to control which way it went, but it's actually random and I ended up with one magma crucible overflowing, where the other was inactive due to a lack of cobble reception.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I throw it all into my matter fabricator. AE system uses about 300 EU/t and other processes maybe 300-400 EU/t on average.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
The design of my energy system is to output all excess energy into my energy sink. I have a 15-20 MFSU energy bank that feeds into my base's main systems. This includes my factories and AE system. All other energy is then routed to my matter fabricator. This ensures that the matter fabricator does not dominate my energy source, disallowing it to starve all my essential systems. It also makes the organization of my energy system quite simple as I never really have to worry about energy balance, once the automated systems are put into place.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
So I guess you could say that I'm not actually using up all that energy, but my main intention was to max out a matter fabricator. UU-matter is quite important.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It looks nice. I'm working on a similar system of sorts, but I haven't quite gotten to the last parts yet. It is always so hard to get all the temporary stuff moved out of the way and into its own areas. I should really stop messing with the bees and trees long enough to build out the rest of my base and power system.

Might I ask, what sort of system to you have in place to feed it all the energy? Are you using solid or liquid fueled boilers? Also did you know that MFR lava gens use the same about of power, but don't require the cobble and also continuously create it rather than a bucket at a time?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if lava gens in 1.4.7, but that's always a consideration worth considering.

hJwTk
hJwTk
tawhrPgh.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1378082183][/DOUBLEPOST]Er, more updated:

6P5WhjIh.jpg

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
(The first two image links are broken)

That's a lot of tree farm. Are you running a mix of solid and liquid boilers then? It looks like you would generate a lot of wood with a tree farm that size.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Though I could, I have no need for it. I use the wood to generate EU and don't necessarily have the room to integrate the infrastructure required to turn steam into EU via turbines, while also having room for the boilers themselves. I also don't need that much energy. This tree farm is completely self sufficient and operates outside of my main base's energy system.

Something like 20 generators running off of coal is enough to power all of that, as well as the 3 GT machines I have on the second level. The rest of the processes are powered by biogas engines, as I produce biomass and it is convenient to simply pipe the biomass back into the engines creating them.

Thought most of this has been upgraded to liquiducts, where I see fit, this is what the interior 2nd level looks like. The 1st level contains all my AE/electronic systems and the third floor contains the GT machines. I also implemented a system to include the purging of an apple juice storage. It takes about 10 hours for it to fill up.

1t6kU2gh.jpg

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well it's not really overdoing it persay. I've built that module three times already, so time-wise I get it done quite quickly. Materials wise, it's about 1000 steel, then the gold for the TE machines, aluminum for the thermal generators and the materials for the gates/RECs/liquiducts. It's not too bad considering that one ultimate solar is about 75% of the energy output of this, in one block.