My New Puppy

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Which is kinda ridiculous considering how much power this is putting out compared to an ultimate solar, but the amount of space this takes up.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I think I made a mistake in the design, thoughts?

If you are talking about the cobble not reaching every magma crucible properly, there are a couple ways to fix it. First option, if you have MFR, switch to lava generators instead. no cobble gens to worry about and no lighting updates either. second, pair up the cobble gens with the magma crucibles so the cobble gens feed the crucibles directly in a 1:1 ratio on the machines. Third, feed the cobble into a router which will then distribute the cobble to each magma crucible evenly.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well I replaced the LP system with igneous crucibles, so no more problems there. Though routers were one of my considerations, it would require a significant change in the arrangement of magma crucibles, or I'd have to throw a bunch of chests/furnaces in there to link the inventories. That is something I wanted to avoid, I feel like it is a design cop out to do so.

I am not sure if lava gens are in 1.4.7 and I prefer the usage of magma crucibles, simply because I have all the numbers so ingrained into my mind. I have done so many mental calculations pertaining to magma crucibles, that making on the stop estimations is simple. It is especially important for spotting problems in my system and for optimization.

I don't really mind the lighting updates too much. Though I will have upwards of 80 magma crucibles, I already have an inconsistent lava flow going. Though lava gens will solve that, once again for the reasons above I have chosen not to use them.[DOUBLEPOST=1378558802][/DOUBLEPOST]Igneous extruders. Lol.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Talking about the lava generator....I think I just had a face palm moment...on the server I am playing, I've been using the Igneous Extruder to make cobblestones, that later is fed into a Magma Crucible which then pipe the lava back into the Igneous Extruder to make obsidian. When I could just slap a Lava Generator on it. /facepalm

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries that are founded under lakes/oceans or have a water source block provided tonnes of obsidian. So much that I don't know what to do with all of it. I don't nearly use enough liquiducts, etc.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries that are founded under lakes/oceans or have a water source block provided tonnes of obsidian. So much that I don't know what to do with all of it. I don't nearly use enough liquiducts, etc.
I use a lot of tesseracts. A lot.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, 24 000 MJ for one bucket of lava to produce one obsidian... Even if you use netherrack, that's still 12 000 MJ. Though it is technically the quickest way, it's really expensive.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
True, but I have no issue with power at the moment. Having 9 steam boilers running off charcoals. I just do not want to destroy the Nether with pumps, I mean I could but hell isn't hell when you deprive it of it's lava. :( Too bad not a lot of players share the same sentiment with me, now the Nether is full of cobblestone, all thanks to the Ender-Thermic pump (don't get me wrong, it is a great pump. Better than the BC's version when used in the Nether).

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Why wait? FTB has plenty to offer, just pick a technology route you wouldn't normally take and go at it.