Murder at Monocon Game Thread!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No, it doesn't. If the other person who claimed that role says you're lying and dies you're dead.
The risk is drastically reduced dude. If you privately claim a unique role (investigator) to one person, that's a small chance you're caught out. If you publicly claim it, there's virtually no chance you dont get caught out.

I can think of at least one instance in THIS game where a person privately claimed a role to me and I spent the next 2 days trying to determine if it was BS or not.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
The risk is drastically reduced dude. If you privately claim a unique role (investigator) to one person, that's a small chance you're caught out. If you publicly claim it, there's virtually no chance you dont get caught out.

I can think of at least one instance in THIS game where a person privately claimed a role to me and I spent the next 2 days trying to determine if it was BS or not.
@VikeStep
Back me up here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dude I agree its a bit OP, but when I process it through, it really does work evenly for both sides. Both sides just have to leverage it.

For instance: there have been games where I've "proven" myself as a wolf and called for a bunch of roleclaims. Even in this game, its more or less plausible I deliberately lynched the_J just so I could get everyone's roleclaim and start offing fools.

(doesn't explain how I passed CROST's medium test but whatever. That only proves to CROST anyway)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Dude I agree its a bit OP, but when I process it through, it really does work evenly for both sides. Both sides just have to leverage it.

For instance: there have been games where I've "proven" myself as a wolf and called for a bunch of roleclaims. Even in this game, its more or less plausible I deliberately lynched the_J just so I could get everyone's roleclaim and start offing fools.

(doesn't explain how I passed CROST's medium test but whatever. That only proves to CROST anyway)
Well you could have just said yes to the CROST test. The chances our answer was yes is over 50%.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I believe you though. Mostly. 97%
I have a weird personal rule where I don't like to say in any kind of "OOC" way that I'm being honest when I'm lying. If I break this rule, I feel like I cross a line and am cheating. In this case, I can tell you truly that I'm being honest.

Now, whether anyone believes that is a different matter ;)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Also there are 3 duped villager roles, so the chances of Shaz being a medium too aren't nothing. I could just be fucking with you though, I don't really have an allegiance.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Uh, there's only four starting CROST roles: identity thief, wasp, unicorn, and vampire.

Unicorn and vampire are dead according to OP. That means there's an identity thief and wasp, unless the adulterer pulled the trigger on someone and I missed it.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Uh, there's only four starting CROST roles: identity thief, wasp, unicorn, and vampire.

Unicorn and vampire are dead according to OP. That means there's an identity thief and wasp, unless the adulterer pulled the trigger on someone and I missed it.
Yeah, I said there were 4 dupes not including CROST.