MPS Support Thread

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I have two suggestions for MPS:

1. Key bindings currently does not seem to load if they are conflicting with other key settings (even if they are not actively used). An example would be the "f" key in Unleashed 1.1.3. Maybe this could be changed so that key bindings always are loaded?
2. Please make the color presets in the customization screen "global" instead of per armor piece. This would make it much easier to get the exact same color on all armor pieces.

Thanks for a great mod!

trev1234

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I have two suggestions for MPS:

1. Key bindings currently does not seem to load if they are conflicting with other key settings (even if they are not actively used). An example would be the "f" key in Unleashed 1.1.3. Maybe this could be changed so that key bindings always are loaded?
2. Please make the color presets in the customization screen "global" instead of per armor piece. This would make it much easier to get the exact same color on all armor pieces.

Thanks for a great mod!

I prefer the per piece colouring, but maybe add an option to make it a global colour, and I know it's been brought up before, but the tools draining power from the armour, like the AE tools, they kill all power in the suits :(

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I prefer the per piece colouring, but maybe add an option to make it a global colour, and I know it's been brought up before, but the tools draining power from the armour, like the AE tools, they kill all power in the suits :(

You could still easily have one color per piece. It's just that all colors you made a preset for would be directly accessible on all pieces.

D

Deleted member 38496

I'm using the most recent recommended version of Unleashed with a couple other MPS-compatible mods added and every time I press L and attempt to customize my armor the game crashes if I try to click on one of the pieces of armor. Anybody else had this issue?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right, something I wanted to ask -

Anyone else sometimes experiencing your powersuit batteries randomly recharging themselves? Like, looking at your power bar, then doing something else and 10 seconds later looking again and seeing you've gained some 50kJ energy? I've personally experienced it playing on 1.5.2 (Ampz modpack), and I've seen it happen in DW20's videos often, even on 1.6.2 (Forgecraft 2 series). Basically, the suit's battery randomly resets itself to full.

It should be obvious, but I'll point out that no, I do not have any modules capable of generating power installed into my suit ;)

It's not really a big gamebreaking deal like the rendering issues some people have, but it is kind of weird. And it more or less removes power cost completely from the game. At least for me - for example, with sprint assist, walking assist and jump assist all on maximum values (necessary to move my very heavy , standard armored suit), I have never had to charge my suit. Ever. After installing the battery, the suit came precharged with 750kJ worth of energy, and I have never dropped below 700k. It keeps resetting itself to 750k before I can use up that much. I could probably throw in a jetpack and still never need to recharge (I just haven't done so because I can't afford it yet, goddamn enderpearls).

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any batteries kind of devices in your inventory, IIRC mps does take power from those when needed. I might be wrong.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, no power-storing devices in my inventory either. I just checked. Can reproduce it with an inventory that's empty save for a bronze sword, pick, shovel and axe.

LazyKat

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else sometimes experiencing your powersuit batteries randomly recharging themselves? Like, looking at your power bar, then doing something else and 10 seconds later looking again and seeing you've gained some 50kJ energy? I've personally experienced it playing on 1.5.2 (Ampz modpack), and I've seen it happen in DW20's videos often, even on 1.6.2 (Forgecraft 2 series). Basically, the suit's battery randomly resets itself to full.

It should be obvious, but I'll point out that no, I do not have any modules capable of generating power installed into my suit ;)

I have this issue. For me I think it's related to my shock absorbers somehow. They don't read like they should charge the suit, and I assume they shouldn't, but whenever I take a fall my suit recharges a bit. Like you, I don't have any power-generating modules on.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I find the lack of machinemuse comments disturbing. So many "new" graphical issues yet so many old MPS issues. I'll post it here and hope it get's some attention but are there configs for the powersuit that allows you to set the values of items so that it's in line with other mods tools/stats? I'm a little tired of getting a full set of MPS, doing all the grunt work and upgrades only to find out that another mod does exactly what it does but better. I'd like to beable to change pretty much every addon there is. If not, can we get some configs in the upcoming updates? I don't care about balancing on my singleplayer world, it's only got me and my friends, all of which just want to build in survival but without all the silly restrictions (Thaumcraft goggles addition, looking at you bro)

I'd also like to make a suggestion but I'm kinda doubting you'll take it into consideration. Is it possible for a storage module addon? The suit could definitely use one and it would make sense since even Ironman could store tons on those "tiny" suits 8)

I hope I didn't come off brash but I really like this mod and just see more potential that seems to be getting kicked to the curb because of balance for server play.

gamermamma

Jul 29, 2019
My question is when I click the table and click on a piece of armor to add things too it shows me nothing. the picture of the armor is there but nothing else on the right hand side. Is there an easy way to fix this? The text shows up when u hover over the item but there are no other pictures

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I have this issue. For me I think it's related to my shock absorbers somehow. They don't read like they should charge the suit, and I assume they shouldn't, but whenever I take a fall my suit recharges a bit. Like you, I don't have any power-generating modules on.

Interesting observation. I'll test this when I get home (I do have shock absorbers installed).

Querdenker_9

Jul 29, 2019
I have a big problem! My Minecraft crashes every time I use the PowerSuite. But the problem there is not with the power tool. I believe this is due to the new design. But the invisibility module was removed! How should I solve the problem?
UPDATE: My friends and I have to play together on our server!

konatsu_m

Jul 29, 2019
Using Unleashed 1.1.4 , whenever I click any of the armor in the color customization menu, the game crashes due to a rendering error. Not sure what's happening, but it's kind of disappoint not being able to customize my armor.

Querdenker_9

Jul 29, 2019
Using Unleashed 1.1.4 , whenever I click any of the armor in the color customization menu, the game crashes due to a rendering error. Not sure what's happening, but it's kind of disappoint not being able to customize my armor.
I have the same problem! But for me it's in my inventory. I hope someone has a solution.

Dimpl

Jul 29, 2019
1. The power tool does not mimic tools on items from other mods - shouldn't it just import the block lists used by every other vanilla/mod tool?

2. The Goggles of Revealing addon does not mimic the actual item properly - it does not show aura nodes or the aspects in Warded Jars. Couldn't it just add the full functionality of the goggles to the power armor helmet?

Reactions: Museli

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
2. The Goggles of Revealing addon does not mimic the actual item properly - it does not show aura nodes or the aspects in Warded Jars. Couldn't it just add the full functionality of the goggles to the power armor helmet?

Working as intended.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Why would it be designed like this? I installed a pair of goggles, it makes sense that the full capabilities of the goggles would be added.

Not entirely sure why. Either the code wouldn't allow, or MM wanted there to be a disadvantage to using the goggles built in to the helmet rather than the actual goggles.