MPS Support Thread

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
which honestly is dumb... there's no sane reason for that in all seriousness... It's like balancing a bucket to only hold 1/10th a normal bucket because people were getting water too fast...

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
i think i read somewhere that the original reason was because she couldnt get ahold of azanor for permission to include it fully so she included it in the way it currently is as a sort of compromise until she could get his permission and its possible she has just forgotten about it

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
So then it's she's just lazy?... cause I've seen her on with Azanor many MANY times before... so instead it's "Working as intended"? I'm ready to admit RL issues take precedent but how long has this addition been in the mod? in the state it is?

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
So then it's she's just lazy?... cause I've seen her on with Azanor many MANY times before... so instead it's "Working as intended"? I'm ready to admit RL issues take precedent but how long has this addition been in the mod? in the state it is?

maybe the goggles are being replaced in TC4 and she figured it wasnt worth her time to fix it? or they might be atleast getting a code overhaul and so again shes waiting to do it until TC4 gets released. you know maybe she has reasons beyond "shes lazy" just cuz you havent been told the reason doesnt mean that lazy is the reason so maybe dont go around throwing accusations of her "laziness" until you know that for a fact

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
maybe the goggles are being replaced in TC4 and she figured it wasnt worth her time to fix it? or they might be atleast getting a code overhaul and so again shes waiting to do it until TC4 gets released. you know maybe she has reasons beyond "shes lazy" just cuz you havent been told the reason doesnt mean that lazy is the reason so maybe dont go around throwing accusations of her "laziness" until you know that for a fact

A simple viewing of the code with any bit of coding experience can get the exact specs of the goggles as they are in thaumcraft, into the mps. It wouldn't take long at all since she knows her own code and which would relate to that specific addon. Again I see no reason it cant be fixed unless the way she wrote the code made it hard to change any one thing without some rewrites.

Yea I'll give her the benefit of the doubt I use the mod daily and have nothing but respect but the line, "Working as intended" gets thrown out a lot here when mod authors cant be assed to fix something or they just don't know how to fix it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you should write an addon for mps that gives you the full capability of the googles then?

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
there's not really any need for an addon, it should be easy as finding the specific code and transferring over the code from the thaumcraft goggles and making sure they integrate in properly enough tho it would be essentially using their code and I'm pretty sure they have rights to that code.

D

Deleted member 38496

I'd like to point out that the goggles addon did originally have the full functionality of the goggles of revealing. The current interface is intended to be that way, so the issue is less that MM wasn't able to add the code as much as deciding not to use it.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
MachineMuse is anything but. You may also find honey works better than vinegar.

That's a big assumption. As a general rule, most coders don't like others copying/swiping their code, i.e. their creative work, without their permission.

I meant rights to their own code as I don't have those rights I wouldn't feel right about doing the work without permission. I have tried honey, as many others and we've seen what that's like, like I said I have only but respect for the mod author, just being a little more open with the community.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
If we are talking about the Thaumcraft Goggles upgrade for the MPS Helmet, it originally DID have the capabilities to see Aura Nodes. It was removed in subsequent updates by MachineMuse herself for reasons unknown. She literally patched it out, and you can find a specific not to that effect in 1.5.x changelogs for MPS. Why did she do it? (Shrug) Beats me, but its her mod so hey..

deemera

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into something that I'm not sure is a bug. In FTB Unleashed 1.1.1 I had a powersuit that allowed me to jump 10+ blocks high. Now in FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 (MPS 0.7.0-534), it only lets me jump 5 blocks high. I've got power armor leggings with jump assist, elite battery, and power armor boots with shock absorber. I've maxed out all the sliders in the tinker table, and I didn't make any changes in the configs. Is this an intentional change or have I discovered a bug? I've done quite a bit of googling, and the only reference I can find is someone mentioning that they have the same problem on reddit, but he never got a resolution. Figured I should go straight to the source.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
So.. in regards to MMMPS for 1.6.2 ... are the new "Numina", "Scala-Library" and "Slick-Util" files actually REQUIRED for the mod now? The current versions are crashing out for me.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
as specififed by the jenkins page:
Libraries and utils are NOT optional.
Just stuff all of them in your mods folder.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, "Scala-Library" is crashing out on me every time I try to load the newer versions of MMMPS. I've tried multiple iterations but to no avail.

crimsonblade

Jul 29, 2019
My power suits power keeps resetting constantly on my multiplayer server. i can run for a bit to decharge it some. point at the item to check it's charge and see that it has been used. pick it up. set it back down. and the power is back to full. anyone know a fix? kind of a really big game breaking bug to me :(