MPS Support Thread

TheHobbit81

Jul 29, 2019
I want to try and find out if this mod is ok for servers in it's current version. I was playing on a FTB Ultimate Pack server (v1.0.0-ish) and the removed the mod because "... it is sending multiplied packets to the server..." whatever that mean. I am now on a FTB Ultimate (v1.1.2) server with MachineMue's Modular Powersuit v:0.3.2-199 (0.3.1-193) and was hoping to be able to make this again.

I look forward to your reply.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I finally got off my tush and fixed the issues I was waiting on to release a recommended build, so here it is! I know most of you are using dev versions anyway, but the changes since last recommended (which was like a month ago now) include:

New features:
- Cosmetic customization menu! Press L to open it. (no, still don't have different costumes bindable to keys yet)
- Glowy bits
- Sounds
- Custom fonts

Bug/issue fixes:
- Tools now drain energy from top to bottom in your inventory (starting with helmet)
- AoE function of the axe now only targets log blocks
- Recipes updated (some oredict changes)
- Forge compatibility updated (fixes the gauntlet not showing in first person)
- Omniwrench rotation fixed
- Lux capacitor boundaries completely fixed
- Uses a scissor test for scrollable windows, so no more checkmarks floating outside their frame
- Change power tool mode while sneaking with number keys
- Lots of nullpointers fixed

Known ongoing issues:
- I broke optifine again :( sorry
- Powertool modules don't work on all appropriate modded blocks or have some strange behaviour sometimes.

For convenience: http://machinemuse.net/download.php

Did a lot of people complain about breaking barrels? =D I saw it happen on stream to someone who proceeded to have a nice 4 letter word contest with your mod, the axe tool, the stupidty of it all. It was rather humorous. xD

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
At least now the axe module checks if things around the blocks it breaks are actually trees before destroying them. Or so the changelog at the Jenkins says.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I want to try and find out if this mod is ok for servers in it's current version. I was playing on a FTB Ultimate Pack server (v1.0.0-ish) and the removed the mod because "... it is sending multiplied packets to the server..." whatever that mean. I am now on a FTB Ultimate (v1.1.2) server with MachineMue's Modular Powersuit v:0.3.2-199 (0.3.1-193) and was hoping to be able to make this again.

I look forward to your reply.

nope, that's unfortunately a bug that wasn't fixed until 1.5.1.

MrKeziah5

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure if this is supposed to happen when i equip the power tool ..... the screen gets buggy and starts flashing crazy and all sorts of other weird things.
SaeSRoi.png

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
dude I don't care about bug reports. I haven't touched 1.4.7 in 2 months and I intend to keep it that way. This is for people who are having actual problems to find work arounds.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Are the night vision goggles supposed to turn the entire screen black if you're wearing them during the day? I'm guessing it's Optifine's fault (hint: it always is).

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
The latest version of MPS seems to be compatible with Optifine, or at least less incompatible than before.
In case anyone is still getting weird textures in the tinkering table while using that, turning the fancy font off in the config seems to fix it.

101hz

Jul 29, 2019
fix cofirmed !

go to mmmPowersuits.cfga
and change line

B:"Use Custom Font Engine"=true
to
B:"Use Custom Font Engine"=false

tested with optifine 1.5.2_HD_U_D5

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried to test modular powersuits but when I try to load Industrial Craft 2 (industrialcraft-2_1.116.358-lf Its beta version for 1.5.2) minecraft just crashes well I have Forge, Modular powersuit and its add-on plus Industrial craft.
I tried to removed IC2 it works... well havent checked it inside the game but my game loads to title screen am I missing something? coremod or API?
nevermind deleting IC2 folder in the mod apparently fixed it... got to take note of these stuff next time...

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I've got what seems like a rather minor point of difficulty with the latest developmental version (564). The power glove's "Axe" module seems rather erratic at what it will determine is or is not wood, specifically when it comes to woods from other mods like Natura or Biomes O'Plenty. I can give specific wood examples but the best one I can think of is Natura's Redwood trees; the power glove's axe recognizes Redwood Bark (the outside bits) as wood, as well as the inside Redwood 'core' wood. When you turn the core wood into Redwood Planks however, the axe stops working on it at normal speeds.

(Shrug) Any ideas?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
That's a known bug sorry

No that's okay, just asking if it was known! I didn't want to let something that big slip under the radar (tho I expect you have great testers and already knew about it.)

I do have another question if possible? Every time I hit "L" to go into the Cosmetics menu for MMMPS.. my game client seizes up and crashes. I've had this problem for the longest time, for almost every version of MMMPS since you introduced the Cosmetics menu. My client does NOT have Optifine installed, nor does it have Smartmoving or anything else of that type. I'm just curious if this is a known "OH You just need to go into the config file and twiddle the deely-floppers!" or if more troubleshooting is required?

EDIT: Also just an FYI my wife loves to hear about the women-modders out there in the Minecraft community. She's a fan of yours!