Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster - Version 1.0.9
Mod & Version: Tinker's Construct 1.5.2.4 (Mod version 50% sure)
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? If a player uses a tinker tool on geostrata blocks they will break, right? But even when the tinker tool is broken it can still mine geostrata blocks as fast as it could with durability left on it. You are able to mine any geostrata block to my knowledge even when the tool is broken, but, the tool will make that tinker breaking tool sound every time you finish mining a block. This is quite annoying and overpowered and means you have an infinite geostrata mining tool!
Can it be repeated? Yes, all the time.
Known Fix: None

Last edited:

atomicgermx69

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: portal gun
Whats the bug? after going to version 1.0.9 portal guns will not make a portal ....gun portal spawners work but guns clicks but will not make portal for any one mod pack been reinstalled and still the same

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: portal gun
Whats the bug? after going to version 1.0.9 portal guns will not make a portal ....gun portal spawners work but guns clicks but will not make portal for any one mod pack been reinstalled and still the same

Portalguns require fuel...

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
the locked slot corresponds with the hotbar slot you have your backpack in for example if you have the backpack in slot 8 of your hotbar slot 8 on the top row of the backpacks inventory will bug out allowing you to put the items in but not take them out

a work around is just move the backpack in your hotbar to access the items
Ah, that explains that aspect. Odd that reloading the game makes those items accessible. Still a bug, but thank you for the additional info. :)

Squall

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.9 (Highlands active)
Mod & Version:
Pastebin Link: http://pastebin.com/qhp40qmk
Whats the bug? Trying to explore, kept getting internal server errors (thought i was simply travelling too fast for the server), explore a little further and got this crash, world is now corrupted and crashes whenever this chunk is loaded. (If it makes any difference its the same world since 1.0.5)
Can it be repeated? Yes, backed up the world, tried exploring in 3 directions, after about 3k blocks (I'm after a certain biome, can u tell :p ) this error occurs, i am near certain it is to do with the terrain generation.
known fix: None I can find, any advice? I got two new players who want to find their own areas for startup
Quoting myself I know, but thought I would give a heads-up, I force-updated my client, and everything seems cool now, guessing that the terrain gen client side didnt match server side and it all flipped out. Thought I would update u all :)

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
MAJOR EXPLOIT BUG

Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.9
Mod & Version: Unsure which mod is the cause
Pastebin link to crash log: n/a
Whats the bug? Massive Duplication Bug
Can it be repeated? Yes consistently
Known Fix: Do not connect QP to Ender I/O energy Conduit (8784) ** Edited 2/1/14 11:21PM**

Fresh install of Monster 1.09, User takes a quarry plus into twilight, with 4 magmatic engines, ender chest, and connects the ender chest to the pump using Ender IO item transport pipes.

Everything operates normally until the Quarry hits one of the Multicolor fluorite blocks. From that moment the quarry, or Ender IO pipes, or combination will DUPLCIATE STACKS of each item. So if it hits a stone block you get 6-8 stacks of cobble, with Fortune III if it hits a Iron Block at least 3 stacks, same with regular ores which are not effected by Fortune III. When it mines a Redstone at least 20 stacks of Redstone and Emeralds we have seen 20-30 stacks per block.

Stop quarry, flush out backlog, and reconnect, as expected until it hits a Fluorite Ore from Reactorcraft... That moment WHAM...

So started exploring combinations... If you use a wooden, golden, diamond, any transport pipe when the Quarry hits a Fluorite Ore it blows up the connecting transport pipe. The problem is not seen with the use of a ME system, so either the buffer of the ME, etc is not causing it. Any connection from Quarry Plus to Enderchest has issues once the Fluorite blocks happen. They are too plentiful to know if there are other blocks that might lead to duplication, but when we see regular transport pipes blowing up on the fluorite we suspect a combination due to the quantity of shards are produced lead tot his cause.

Have not banned players from using twilight, but have instructed the small users to NOT use anything other than ME for a bit hoping that other folks here might offer ideas. I spawned in another quarry plus, enhanced it the same way, go to another region in twilight and easily duplicated same conditions.

Not sure how to disable the fluorite ores only in twilight dimension. I might suspect this, but have not seen any errors on the console. Prefer not to disable across all demensions either a ore, or entire mod... Was wondering if others could use this UNIQUE combination?

Quarry plus, Fortune III, Eff V, Unbreaking III
Connector Ender IO for duplication, transport pipes to blow up
Ender Chest

Even before the quarry was fully build regular chests were filling to max, barrels were full, if using on the other side of the Ender chest a ME, the 64K disks were filling up quickly.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
MAJOR EXPLOIT BUG

Mod & Version: Unsure which mod is the cause
Whats the bug? Massive Duplication Bug
Can it be repeated? Yes consistently
Known Fix: None at this time

Fresh install of Monster 1.09, User takes a quarry plus into twilight, with 4 magmatic engines, ender chest, and connects the ender chest to the pump using Ender IO item transport pipes.

Everything operates normally until the Quarry hits one of the Multicolor fluorite blocks. From that moment the quarry, or Ender IO pipes, or combination will DUPLCIATE STACKS of each item. So if it hits a stone block you get 6-8 stacks of cobble, with Fortune III if it hits a Iron Block at least 3 stacks, same with regular ores which are not effected by Fortune III. When it mines a Redstone at least 20 stacks of Redstone and Emeralds we have seen 20-30 stacks per block.

Stop quarry, flush out backlog, and reconnect, as expected until it hits a Fluorite Ore from Reactorcraft... That moment WHAM...

So started exploring combinations... If you use a wooden, golden, diamond, any transport pipe when the Quarry hits a Fluorite Ore it blows up the connecting transport pipe. The problem is not seen with the use of a ME system, so either the buffer of the ME, etc is not causing it. Any connection from Quarry Plus to Enderchest has issues once the Fluorite blocks happen. They are too plentiful to know if there are other blocks that might lead to duplication, but when we see regular transport pipes blowing up on the fluorite we suspect a combination due to the quantity of shards are produced lead tot his cause.

Have not banned players from using twilight, but have instructed the small users to NOT use anything other than ME for a bit hoping that other folks here might offer ideas. I spawned in another quarry plus, enhanced it the same way, go to another region in twilight and easily duplicated same conditions.

Not sure how to disable the fluorite ores only in twilight dimension. I might suspect this, but have not seen any errors on the console. Prefer not to disable across all demensions either a ore, or entire mod... Was wondering if others could use this UNIQUE combination?

Quarry plus, Fortune III, Eff V, Unbreaking III
Connector Ender IO for duplication, transport pipes to blow up
Ender Chest

Even before the quarry was fully build regular chests were filling to max, barrels were full, if using on the other side of the Ender chest a ME, the 64K disks were filling up quickly.

If this bug is only happening in TF, I may just ask @Reika to add some code to prevent Rainbow fluorite from spawning there. If it happens with QP hitting Rainbow fluorite in general, I'll have to look at it from another perspective. Can anyone confirm this to be only TF?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If this bug is only happening in TF, I may just ask @Reika to add some code to prevent Rainbow fluorite from spawning there. If it happens with QP hitting Rainbow fluorite in general, I'll have to look at it from another perspective. Can anyone confirm this to be only TF?
What code does QP run when harvesting? There are half a dozen functions in blocks that get called under different harvesting conditions.

Also, are you sure it is duplicating? Fortune III can drop as much as 48 items from one ore block.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
What code does QP run when harvesting? There are half a dozen functions in blocks that get called under different harvesting conditions.

That's why I need to find out if it happens just in TF or not. If it happens outside of TF, I need to get a hold of denoflions.

__Pr0t0typ3__

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Thermal expansion
Whats the bug? Energetic infuser duplicating items
Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix: none

Duplication happened when charging MPS armor and when charging Tinkers' construct chisel with the electric upgrade.
here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/SXSONFa

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot duplicate the issue in the over world, or in Nether...
On the topic of Fortune III, should I be able to generate over 1900 Emeralds out of a single block? If it was just good fortune and maybe a half a stack...

So I sense that there this could be two issues. One if the quarry plus collects items which the Multicolor Fluorite Ore and Fortune III pick can easily generate 9 individual colors and 5-30 each (using a diamond pick with Fortune III to test) that is a lot of items to pass to the transport pipe. The wooden, golden, diamond, iron all blew up... That would be ok with me, but I know some would say that it should not... My response is use a QP without all the bonus, and see if that happens...

But when you start seeing the massive quantity of the more expensive tier items, to the point of game imbalance.. I was also wondering if Ender I/O had an issue, since it is what seems able to item transport that massive amounts, and maybe the transport pipes are looking at it and says this is impossible ... BOOM... and my approach for QP was to place it on a ME Interface and then pass to the ME and I never saw any issues...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I cannot duplicate the issue in the over world, or in Nether...
On the topic of Fortune III, should I be able to generate over 1900 Emeralds out of a single block? If it was just good fortune and maybe a half a stack...
No. Fortune 3 on vanilla emerald ore yields at most 4 items. Something is probably wrong with the QP or the item transport system.

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
So post a Fluorite in the TF, you can get this even on dirt and cobblestone... way too much..
iframe>
(Hope this works)...

But you can see that 2 blocks get multiple stack of dirt, etc... and this is only using Ender I/O, Quarry Plus, and using any transport pipes you get reasonable return, just blows up every transport pipe once the fluorite ore is gathered.

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/lyAes#0

So I suspect that QP has some issue in TF as BC Transport pipes explode with the Fluorite Ore.
I also suspect that Ender IO has some issues in Twighlight because regular BC transport pipes seems reasonable quantity throughout (except exploding)... However just even on dirt and stone, the amount moved by Ender I/O post the fluorite... Still could be QP, but transport pipes do not cause dirt and everything to go nuts. I see excellent response from Mod Authors so this may not be a FTP Monster issue, I do not have another MP server to load basic minecraft and just the mods being used to test. Others here running 1.09 might be able to duplicate the issue or have access to additional servers than I. I am advising folks to use AE for QP... This would be an easy way in a single Hollow Hill to have almost unlimited materials.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So post a Fluorite in the TF, you can get this even on dirt and cobblestone... way too much..
iframe>
(Hope this works)...

But you can see that 2 blocks get multiple stack of dirt, etc... and this is only using Ender I/O, Quarry Plus, and using any transport pipes you get reasonable return, just blows up every transport pipe once the fluorite ore is gathered.
Then it is probably something to do with how EIO pipes interact with QP inventories. Perhaps QP has a bug where removing items from the inventory slot does not decrease stack size (but still returns a non-null stack).

chadlupkes

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.9, Single Player. I noticed that my Coke Oven is now producing Molten Iron instead of Creosote Oil, and I'm wondering if there is any way to get it into the Tinker's Construct Forge. :)

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.2, EnderIO 1.6.4-0.7.1.178
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/Y7UGRpuj
Whats the bug? Allowing energy to pass from Energy Conduit (from EnderIO) through Redstone Energy Conduit (from Thermal Expansion) while a attached to a device being charged is sporadically crashing our multiplayer server.
Can it be repeated? Yes (at least half a dozen times)
Known Fix: Unsure

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, as I went through a good deal of this thread and the known bugs and didn't see it identified.

We came across the bug quite by accident. We had redstone energy conduit connected from a "Big Reactor" to a Capacitor bank from Ender IO. When we started removing TE Redstone Energy Conduit in favor of Energy Conduit from EnderIO, the two touched and caused the crash. We've also tried attaching other machines like Energetic Infusers and such, and the server still crashes. There's something funky happening between the two power conduits.

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
Then it is probably something to do with how EIO pipes interact with QP inventories. Perhaps QP has a bug where removing items from the inventory slot does not decrease stack size (but still returns a non-null stack).

We solved the MYSTERY. The duplication can be repeated in TF, Overworld, and Nether.. It was not the TRANSPORT PIPE, rather the POWER coupling. We did not consider it as an option, but upon VERY CLOSE inspection we were able to validate that a QP powered using Magma Dynmo, but connecte to the QP using Ender I/O (Item 8784). Change that power coupler to Redstone Energy Conduit and no issue. Have also replicated this on two other servers.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
We solved the MYSTERY. The duplication can be repeated in TF, Overworld, and Nether.. It was not the TRANSPORT PIPE, rather the POWER coupling. We did not consider it as an option, but upon VERY CLOSE inspection we were able to validate that a QP powered using Magma Dynmo, but connecte to the QP using Ender I/O (Item 8784). Change that power coupler to Redstone Energy Conduit and no issue. Have also replicated this on two other servers.
That makes no sense to me, but it may to denoflions.

Status
Not open for further replies.