Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duumke

Jul 29, 2019
That is a very very very rare bug that happens from Revamp. In fact, it has only happened twice (at least reported) in our packs. Not sure if you can just disable it to fix it or not.
Thank you. Disabling Revamp did solve my problems.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.7
Mod & Version: Mariculture
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash, not sure if bug or intended config config settings
Whats the bug? I cannot find any coral reefs nor coral rock generated in any of the 15 test worlds I have created. I see scatterings of Kelp and pearls. The bottoms of of the oceans are always sand/clay/dirt. Coral needs sponge or coral rock on which to spawn and these do not seem to be generating in the shallows of ocean biomes. The configs seem correct as far as I can tell.

Code:
"world plus generation" {
    I:"Coral > 1 Reef Per this Many Chunks"=32
    I:"Coral > Maximum Depth"=25
    B:"Deep Oceans"=false
    I:"Kelp > 1 Forest Per This Many Chunks"=400
    I:"Kelp > 1 Treasure Chest Per This Many Kelp"=1024
    I:"Kelp > Forest Density"=25
    I:"Kelp > Maximum Depth"=35
    I:"Kelp > Maximum World Gen Height"=25
    I:"Kelp > Single Density"=10
    B:"Remove Mineshafts in Oceans"=false
    B:"Water Filled Caves in Oceans"=false
    B:"Water Filled Ravines in Oceans"=false

Can it be repeated? Yes 15 test worlds.
Known Fix:

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Backpacks take up the chest armor slot now (which I'm pretty sure was always in the mod's description). If you have anything equipped for chest armor it just pops up instead of equipping. No chest armor, and it equips fine.
That's odd, since the item tooltip itself says nothing of the sort. I guess I should change my bug to "Does not tell you it needs empty chest armor to equip", since players shouldn't be required to read a mod's description/forum post/wiki in order to use basic features.

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.9
Mod & Version: Chicken Chunks
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash, Chunk Loaders (243) does not appear to be working

I have checked the config file, but if a person is not in the area, chunk loaders are not loading the area. The view lasers shows the area covered, but items such as harvesters, quarry, etc are not remaining loaded then I tp to other areas of the world. So not sure if it is Chunk Loader (aka Chicken Chunks, or with the other related Mod) not sure where to look. However, this did not happen in other versions of Monster...
Relevant parts of Chunk Loader config file

#ChunkLoader Configuration File
allowoffline
{
DEFAULT=true
OP=true
}

#Set to false to deny a player access to the chunk viewer
allowchunkviewer
{
DEFAULT=true
OP=true
}

#The number of minutes since last login within which chunks from a player will remain active, 0 for infinite.
awayTimeout=0
block.id=243
checkUpdates=false

Any ideas? Or ideas how to troubleshoot?

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.7
Mod & Version: Mariculture
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash, not sure if bug or intended config config settings
Whats the bug? I cannot find any coral reefs nor coral rock generated in any of the 15 test worlds I have created. I see scatterings of Kelp and pearls. The bottoms of of the oceans are always sand/clay/dirt. Coral needs sponge or coral rock on which to spawn and these do not seem to be generating in the shallows of ocean biomes. The configs seem correct as far as I can tell.
Can it be repeated? Yes 15 test worlds.
Known Fix:

Mariculture 1.1.4, currently only generates the Coral in Coral Reef biomes by default (if you are playing with BOP)(this will be changing next version).

Reactions: Eyamaz

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Mariculture 1.1.4, currently only generates the Coral in Coral Reef biomes by default (if you are playing with BOP)(this will be changing next version).

Thanks Joshie, I will enable Coral Reef Biomes in BoP for now. We are looking at a World Reset this week when Monster is released stable. Will your new update be in there? If not I will enable Coral Reefs in the BoP configs.

Athyrio

Jul 29, 2019
We are looking at a World Reset this week when Monster is released stable.

Just wondering where this comment originated from? There is an expectation that it will get released stable or that they may update to 1.07 stable since they are on 1.09?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Joshie, I will enable Coral Reef Biomes in BoP for now. We are looking at a World Reset this week when Monster is released stable. Will your new update be in there? If not I will enable Coral Reefs in the BoP configs.
Just wondering where this comment originated from? There is an expectation that it will get released stable or that they may update to 1.07 stable since they are on 1.09?

Monster will not be pushed stable till a minimum of next week, and that depends on a couple different factors.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019

Eyamaz posted somewhere in one of the news threads that he hoped to push Monster to a stable release this week coming up or at least make 1.0.9 recommended. I was planning on updating to 1.0.9 but if there is a stable release just around the corner we'll wait for that.

*EDIT* Has been answered by Eyamaz.

Eyamaz said:
1.0.5 will be the recommended until Monday. 1.0.9 will then become recommended. I was not satisfied with the amount if bugs that came from 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 to push them recommended.
I may decide to skip one week of updates so I can look at some things. I'm not sure I want to do that yet. I'm getting fewer and fewer mod updates, which is good for the end users. Means I can make more packs stable soon.
I still need to test the newer IC2 builds before we can roll them into all the packs, also.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Rotarycraft 15b & NEI
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/1EUgVp5i
Whats the bug? Trying to display how to make Item Yeast makes the game crash
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: None

Mod & Version: Rotarycraft 15b & Redstone Arsenal
Pastebin link to crash log: none
Whats the bug? Flux-Infused Pickaxe doesn't count as pickaxe when used to break Rotarycraft machines
Can it be repeated? Yes

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Extra Utilities 1.0.2 & FMP 1.0.0.240
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/Na4LBGQ3
Whats the bug? Trying to connect transfer pipe 'directly' (shift-rclick with pipe) on Item Node results in crash
Can it be repeated? Yes

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Enderio + ArmorStatusHUD
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug? Server configs do not over-ride client configs in regards to NEI recipes, for example setting enderio.cfg B:useHardRecipes=true will not update NEI to show the hard recipe as the client .cfg file is still set to false. ArmorStatusHUD configs have no effect on clients either.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Unknown

Really not sure if this is classed as a bug, but I've noticed this on a lot of server side config changes, while the server will use the config changes specified, if there is client mismatch it messes up what recipes show in NEI.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Powercrystals Nether Ores
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
What's the bug? Ghast fireballs that break Nether Ores cause nearby Zombie Pigmen to aggro players. I don't think it did this back in Unleashed. The fact that there is no config option for it (just the blanket "Mining aggros pigmen") indicates that it's a bug. Either fix it or add a config option to disable it.
Can it be repeated? Yes, just have a ghast blow up a bit of ore near a pigman.
Known Fix: Disable mining-pigmen aggro.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: 1.0.9
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug?
1 - The interaction between Railcraft and Redstone Arsenal's pickaxe with Empower mode destroys (vanishes) the Railcraft items that was not the block mined (i.e. the block above/below the center block)
2 - Mimicry has a really poor interaction with Steve's Carts 2, allowing a player to cheat his way to Galgadorian / Reinforced metal REALLY easily (like not even kidding how easy it can get).
Can it be repeated? The 1 one can, just place a RC Tank or any other formed Multiblock and destroy it with RA's Empowered pick
Known Fix: 2- Disable Mimicry integration with Steve's Carts 2

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Since I see the Mariculture tag, figured I'd share this with you. There was no crash so no report to share. I was testing different engines and I tried your water turbine. The moment I turned it on my FPS went form 59 to 28. I tried it several times with the same result every time. It was with a single turbine. This was Monster 1.0.9.

Exevium

Jul 29, 2019
Dunnow if I'm at the right place here, but it sounds right, so here we go:

Modpack: Direwolf20, 1.6.4
Mod (Item): Twilight Forest 1.20.2 (Knightly armor)
Interferes with: Bibliocraft 1.5.3 (Armor stand)
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/jZRDNYRk

I placed an armor stand with knightly armor (or helmet, either way), and immediately crashed my singleplayer. I can't even return to that world, or it crashes again. I am using Dire's 1.6.4 pack, unmodified. I've looked over a couple of pages of this topic and it seems to happen in other versions as well, but from the looks of it no certain answer can be given...

Can it be repeated: Well... Yeah.
Known solutions: Not that I'm aware of.

Sinxar

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: NEI, XACT, Magical Crops - Sorry unsure of what mods are causing this to occur. The log suggest NEI or XACT, but only problematic recipe so far is from Magical Crops.
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/nvz40Qnk
Whats the bug? Attempting to shift + click the "?" to autofill the recipe from NEI into an XACT crafting table causes crash.
Recipe causing issue: Weak Essence from Magical Crops (from 4 essence dust).
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Unknown

I just realized the "recommended" version is outdated. I'll try again in 1.0.9 tonight, but I can only assume this has been fixed.

ed: still occurs in 1.0.9.

Seems to be some issue with the launcher, I cannot update from 1.0.5 to 1.0.9 directly.

Confirmed to be present in 1.0.9 of the Monster pack.

Last edited:

Xaldrae

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster. (1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.0.9, and Recomended)
Mod & Version: Unknown which mod causes this.
Pastebin link to crash log: I get no crash report when this crash happens. Just ftb restarting.
Whats the bug?: When I (or my GF) connect to a LAN server hosted on our home network, FTB crashes and re-launches when attempting to access ANY invintory. (Player inv., Chest, Hopper, etc...)
Can it be repeated?: Happens every time one of us logs in and tries to access an invintory.
Known Fix: We have tried making new worlds, wiping our FTB files and trying different pack versions (1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.0.9, and Recomended) we were unable to find any fixes.

Please and thank you!,
--Xaldrae. :)

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Rotarycraft
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
What's the bug? Buckets of Rotarycraft liquids when used on tanks (Attempted with TE and BC tanks) are FUBAR.
1. Lubricant: Bucket holds 1000Mb, when tank is right clicked, fills/removes that amount. Bucket is deleted on fill.
1. Ethanol: Bucket holds 4000Mb, when tank is right clicked, fills/removes that amount. Bucket is deleted on fill.
1. Jet Fuel: Bucket holds 8000Mb, when tank is right clicked, fills/removes that amount. Bucket is deleted on fill.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.