Unsupported Monster 1.6.4 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
He added some additional configs in 1.4.1 to help combat that problem if it happened. I'll see if they work when I roll out a hotfix when I get out of work. They work on a mob by mob basis, so I'll have to play with the numbers a bit to reduce the overspawning.

Thanks a bunch Eyamaz. I appreciate the time you take putting this together and working out the kinks. Can't wait, you rock! :D People were also posting the same problem in Magicfarm beta thread.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.6
Mod & Version: Open Blocks
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? I had updated my server from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 today. Every time I die a grave is created and when I break the grave the items disappear.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: Rolling back the server to 1.0.5 fixes it.

Hrm, I'll let them know. Graves are not even enabled in the configs.

Thanks a bunch Eyamaz. I appreciate the time you take putting this together and working out the kinks. Can't wait, you rock! :D People were also posting the same problem in Magicfarm beta thread.

Np

Mod & Version: CalclaviaPluginLoader, "51.0"
Crash log: http://pastebin.com/Ueu7DjWu
Whats the bug? Attempting to launch Monster results in this error in the console every time. The game window does not even load, I even attempted to delete my entire FTB folder and let the Launcher rebuild it to no avail.
Can it be repeated: Yes
Known fix: Recompile the mod with Java 1.6 compliance (otherwise users are forced to upgrade to java 1.7, whether they want to/can or not.)

I do not control how mod authors program nor what they compile against. I can't really fix this issue :(

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I do not control how mod authors program nor what they compile against. I can't really fix this issue :(
Dang, I was afraid of that. :( I just checked the author's website, though, and looks like there's a few more versions available (According to the change log Monster's UE is on .8, current UE is .16); before I post an issue to the author's github, any chance you guys could contact them and see if this has been resolved in a later version? Or should I just go ahead and post this issue there and hope for the best?

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? I had updated my server from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 today. Every time I die a grave is created and when I break the grave the items disappear.
Can it be repeated? Yes.

I can confirm this bug.

Also, my performance was fine on 1.0.5 but is now almost unplayable on 1.0.6. I tried disabling Mariculture's deep oceans and ravines but that didn't help. The performance drop is not FPS, but rather lag spikes when attempting to open chests or fight mobs. Due to the latter, any simple mob can kill me because of the lag. I'm not an expert on lag/performance so I apologize if I'm getting the terms mixed up.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
He added some additional configs in 1.4.1 to help combat that problem if it happened. I'll see if they work when I roll out a hotfix when I get out of work. They work on a mob by mob basis, so I'll have to play with the numbers a bit to reduce the overspawning.
Looking over it again, it seems that the overspawning problem is pretty limited to the areas where magnum torches exist. I was searching for the jungle raptor and only found a few. I think the main reason there were so many swamp mobs last time, and these when i changed it to plains is because the lycanite mobs and the specialmobs jockey-type mobs are the ones that can spawn, so they're just filling in the mobcount.

Edit: Pics in spoiler.

First 2 in torch range (a few torches in the area from bedrock to sea level):
RBnAWOo.jpg

MHFVi74.jpg

OUT OF TORCH RANGE:

VNNuj2C.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
For those with the grave problems, try digging out the block underneath the gravestone. I was recently told this was how it is supposed to work. If it doesn't, let me know (at work so I can't verify atm.)

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
For those with the grave problems, try digging out the block underneath the gravestone. I was recently told this was how it is supposed to work. If it doesn't, let me know (at work so I can't verify atm.)
No go. The grave just dissappears with no return on items. I tried on dirt and cobble. I tried breaking the grave first, then the block under and also tried breaking the surrounding blocks as well as the block under it before breaking the grave (but it vanished) . It worked fine in 1.0.5 but it's definitely broken now.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I also just tried this in SSP; died on a grass block, broke the grass block, nothing in my inventory except a single dirt block and the gravestone vanished.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.5
Whats the bug? I had updated my server from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 today. Every time I die a grave is created. I checked the OpenBlocks config and enableGraves=false
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: unknown

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.5
Whats the bug? I had updated my server from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5 today. Every time I die a grave is created. I checked the OpenBlocks config and enableGraves=false
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: unknown

update to 1.0.7 this issue is fixed there. along with a few others.

linkfan

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.7
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/tfvbtRdF
Whats the bug? After update to 1.0.6 can't login to server. Something with tanks.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Remove Railcraft :)

Last edited:

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Can it be repeated? Yes.

How are you breaking the grave? By hand or with a pickaxe? You need to smash them with a pickaxe.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
How are you breaking the grave? By hand or with a pickaxe? You need to smash them with a pickaxe.

It was a bug. I smashed it with a pickaxe and it was broken. It was fixed with 1.0.7 and was due to conflicting mods that use methods to "keep inventory."

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster 1.0.6/1.07
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? ATG distance set to 1000 may be too low. Try about 6 test worlds and biomes generate in very distinct bands with harse straight lines. I bumped mine up to 3000 and the biome edges are much more natural. Not really a bug just an fyi for more natural world gen. 10K was way too big, 5k was ok for me, 3k seems perfect.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Increase ATG distance

sedilis

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: qcraft
Whats the bug? qcraft will not recognize the glass block from random things as a valid frame for the quantum portal. Vanilla glass is not available.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: None

Thanks for fixing the ice issue from 1.0.5 - the frames were working in that one just cooling wasnt.

Aarkreinsil

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Mosnster 1.0.7
Mod & Version: Rotarycraft 14b / Factorization
Whats the bug?: Apparently Factorization doesn't recognize the Dark Iron Ingots made by Rotarycraft Extractors. At least there's no way for me to craft any of it's recipes with it.
Can it be repeated?: Yes, not even Dark Iron Blocks or other recipes are working.
Known Fix: None. Haven't found any kind of workaround yet.

balistic

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version:1.0.6/1.0.7
Pastebin link to crash log:none
Whats the bug? i updated to 1.0.6 last night and works just fine but when i did the 1.0.7 i seen NEI not popping up the items on the right bar at all even the bottom text is cleared so i went back to 1.0.6 and its back to working just fine. any ideas what the cause might be?
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix:going back to old ver

EDIT: it is working now. sorry for the post >_<

Last edited:

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Monster
Mod & Version: 1.0.3
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/uy9KrJTL
Whats the bug? Upon opening the diamond fluid pipe GUI, you can left click once and it will show a liquid to sort. If you click a second time to go to the next liquid, the game will crash to desktop. I have also tried to right click to go through the liquids, but I get same result.
Can it be repeated? yes, however I have not tested on new version of monster modpack.
Known Fix:Unknown

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
Also, my performance was fine on 1.0.5 but is now almost unplayable on 1.0.6. I tried disabling Mariculture's deep oceans and ravines but that didn't help. The performance drop is not FPS, but rather lag spikes when attempting to open chests or fight mobs. Due to the latter, any simple mob can kill me because of the lag. I'm not an expert on lag/performance so I apologize if I'm getting the terms mixed up.

The 1.0.7 update completely fixed my performance issue. Thank you!

lumien

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: qcraft
Whats the bug? qcraft will not recognize the glass block from random things as a valid frame for the quantum portal. Vanilla glass is not available.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: None

Thanks for fixing the ice issue from 1.0.5 - the frames were working in that one just cooling wasnt.

That's not true :p Works perfectly fine, you must have made another mistake while constructing the portal. You realize you don't actually have to use real gold blocks in it right?

<-----Youtube Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.