Mods you've got working with FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

thejoshknight

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for mods that you've added yourselves that work with FTB.

I've gotten the following to work:

Optifine(You can just put this in inst mods)
Matmos
Coros Tornadoes/Weather mod
Mo Creatures
Gui API
Custom Mob Spawner
Coral Reef Mod
Basic Components
ICBM
Seasons 1.4.2 mod
Millenaire(change a few configs around to prevent conflicts with Twilight Forest.)

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
I currently got the following extra mods installed on my server
LogisticsPipes-0.6.0.pre2
Routingpipe-1.1.3
Treecapitator.FML.1.4.2.r02.universal
Treecapitator.FML.Addon.EBXL.1.4.2.r01.Universal

And these are the client mods.
ArmorStatusHUDv1.4
StatusEffectHUDv1.7
I used to have optifine, but it seems like i get graphical errors and crashes from it, so i decided to remove it.

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
we just have....

EE3-Pre1a extra on our server...

client side we have

Optifine
backtools
Craftguide

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried and tried to get that to work, and it just won't. I mean, it helps lag some, and the different chunk loading options are there and working, but it seems to have an incompatibility with portal gun which causes entities to have missing or incorrect textures on parts of them.

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019
Imported to MultiMC and added Optifine, EE3, Millenaire, Tropicraft, Mo'Creatures, Smart Moving, Stalker Creeper, Dynamic Lights, Pet Bat, FarmCraftory, Plugins For Forestry, Valve Pipe, Fishnet, Tubestuff, Power Converters, Coloured Bed, updated Steve's Cart and Chickenbones mods and it works(just config some ids)

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Would it not be easier with a list with incompatible mods? Far most mods should work, due to forge doing it's job.

MaxWayne

Oct 30, 2012
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread for mods that you've added yourselves that work with FTB.

I've gotten the following to work:
Coral Reef Mod
Coral Reef Mod caused crashes in Twilight Forest and almost every 2nd Dimension/Ages generated by Mystcraft.
Everytime the server crashes i get this tick problem:
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// On the bright side, I bought you a teddy bear!

Time: 12.11.12 02:29
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1515
    at aiu.d(BlockFire.java:295)
    at aiu.l(BlockFire.java:256)
    at aiu.b(BlockFire.java:314)
    at aiu.b(BlockFire.java:120)
    at ie.g(WorldServer.java:367)
    at ie.b(WorldServer.java:134)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:648)
    at hg.r(DedicatedServer.java:241)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)
    at fp.run(SourceFile:818)
I had to renew all maps on my Server :(
But if you have an idea how to solve this Problem, please tell me. I really love Coral Reef Mod in combination with mo'creatures. Makes the World perfect.

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly did you get Tropicraft to work? I added all 4 different parts of the mod with MultiMC into the correct spots, (I think). I changed to the IDs to ones that werent used. I don't know what else to do.

Flip

Jul 29, 2019
Millenaire works just fine on both client and server, just had to change the block IDs.

thejoshknight

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make the auto id config mod work? It seemed to cause tons of problems for me.

As for the coral reef mod, I don't think it's what's causing your problem. I get the "server tick" error with or without coral reef installed.

nhg1

Jul 29, 2019
im using with the mod pack

armotstatus
animalbikes
compactsolars
enchanting plus
enhanced portals
familiars
gtavity gun
monster spawn highlighter
pet bats
soulshards
dimensional anchor (i strongly recommend this mod)
and a few others only having to change some of the ids but no major problems

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Working:
Clay Soldiers
Compact Solars
Immibis Core & TubeStuff
Matmos
Mo' Creatures
Optifine (but only if you disable Threaded Optimization in the nvidia control panel that causes the textures to flicker)

Only mods found not to work are ones not yet ready for 1.4.2

Not working, but patiently waiting for:
Redpower 2 (ok not so patiently for this one, since its really holding up me making a permanent world)
EE3
Thaumcraft 3
Secret Rooms
Wireless Redstone
Somnia

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
I added ID Resolver and GUI API today because I somehow found myself with conflicted block IDs between XTreme Biomes and ComupterCraft. After spending nearly an hour manually trying to find unused block IDs for ComputerCraft and CCTurtle, I ended up just googling an automated alternative. The only thing I noticed that went wonky after using it was a bunch of Forestry stuff. All of my beekeeping stuff disappeared, the purple gems were all gone (I lost my apatite lololol), and the game would crash if I tried to open the GUI on any of the forestry machines. I pulled up the machines and have since mined up a few more apatite and it seems to be working fine, and frankly I think the forestry machines suck. (Carpenter, Centrifuge, Squeezer, etc.) If I wasn't intrigued by the notion of stained glass I'd abandon all things Forestry related.

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
Jul 29, 2019
I got Karyonix's GLSL Shaders Mod and Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders working with Feed The Beast, but not the launcher. You have to put Forge 6.0.1.355 directly into the Jar, then Optifine, then the shader mod (which you need to hack to work with ExtraBiomesXL) and then the Launcher will just download a fresh Minecraft.jar. Perhaps if the MD5s were fixed that wouldn't happen. Ended up copying the mods from Feed the Beast into MultiMC to get it working.

Don't recommend doing this. Looking at open Portals grinds your computer to a complete halt (although having the same issue using a 128x texture pack as well, so might be that rather than the shaders). Pretty though!

merfed

Jul 29, 2019
How did yall get Mo Creatures working with FTB?

Put the GUIAPI into the instMods folder, and then put CustomMobSpawner and MoCreatures into the minecraft/mods folder. If your not running a server your done, if you are put CustomMobSpawner and MoCreatures into the servers mods folder.