Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Slander! >.>

*cough* Versioning is going well, but I'm taking it slow. Am applying one updated mod, testing against my big list, move on to the next .. type of thing. Am also spending a little time checking out java profiles and seeing what's causing issues behind the scenes. Movement is happening, just taking it a little slow so I can cover as many bases as I can.

So. With the WGT pack .. what do you say we turn on ALL the hard mode options >.>

Ian Holm

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't it hard enough as is? I miss the options to turn off the hard mode recipes. There isn't a way to bring those configuration options back is there?

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
So. With the WGT pack .. what do you say we turn on ALL the hard mode options >.>

As long as the current map carries over from 0.x to 1.0, turning them ALL on sounds great. At least default the quarry back to hard mode, if nothing else ;)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Slander! >.>

*cough* Versioning is going well, but I'm taking it slow. Am applying one updated mod, testing against my big list, move on to the next .. type of thing. Am also spending a little time checking out java profiles and seeing what's causing issues behind the scenes. Movement is happening, just taking it a little slow so I can cover as many bases as I can.

HI, thanks for the hard work, hard mode sounds good to me (although we change MFR and MPS to use thermal expansion recipes as they seem more balanced), I'll hold of fon making a quarry until I have to piss and moan about needing titanium :D

Blu_Haze

Jul 29, 2019

Yus!

I mean after all, what's the purpose of having a pack split between NGT and WGT if GregTech is set to easy mode by default? I would assume that most people who choose WGT do so for the added challenge, since even though the extra GregTech machines are nice and all, there isn't really a whole lot that's a "must have".

Setting the configs to hard mode and providing some simple tutorials to edit the config files to suit individual preferences sounds like the best way to go. Maybe that as well as other tutorials would be a great addition to the new launcher whenever it's ready.

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
Little off topic but what the hey, does anyone have a mod / method to provide something like Project Table from Red Power in the current WGT build?
I'm going a bit crazy using the basic table, its fine once I have a crafting terminal for AE, but starting out, which I'm doing a lot atm, gets annoying with the vanilla crafting table.
Is there anything in the pack I'm perhaps simply missing, or just not doable atm?
I have seen some other packs with a Project bench that even has an upgrade kit to turn a vanilla table into a project table, it has no blueprint ability but does have inventory space.

Upuauta

Jul 29, 2019
Soloun,

There is something similar to a project table (which I miss too) called a worktable. It can store up to 8 recipes after manufacturing one part (right click on the recipe on the right side to secure it). The downside of this is that you can´t import a recipe from NEI - which is absolutely #*+!!#
other then that I have nothing found.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Little off topic but what the hey, does anyone have a mod / method to provide something like Project Table from Red Power in the current WGT build?
I'm going a bit crazy using the basic table, its fine once I have a crafting terminal for AE, but starting out, which I'm doing a lot atm, gets annoying with the vanilla crafting table.
Is there anything in the pack I'm perhaps simply missing, or just not doable atm?
I have seen some other packs with a Project bench that even has an upgrade kit to turn a vanilla table into a project table, it has no blueprint ability but does have inventory space.

Not one currently in the pack, but I suggest you take a look at Project Bench

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
Soloun,

There is something similar to a project table (which I miss too) called a worktable. It can store up to 8 recipes after manufacturing one part (right click on the recipe on the right side to secure it). The downside of this is that you can´t import a recipe from NEI - which is absolutely #*+!!#
other then that I have nothing found.

Thanks found that one but the limit is weird.

The Project Bench is the one I was referring to, wonder if we could get it added to the pack?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Soloun

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea, posted, atm they probably have bigger fish to fry but something, hopefully simple, like this is what adds polish to a pack, but all things considered they may need to concentrate on more core aspects of the packs, I can wish though :).

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
At least I think I found out what my portal problem was. Apparently the game doesn't like it if you completely block one side of the portal :X

Edit: Or not...thought I had it fixed for a moment and then bam, spawns random portals all over the place again.

Edit 2: Def seems to be an issue with Enhanced Portals as the problem goes away whenever I turn it off -_-

Heh, watching the spotlight for it and the same problem shows up in it.

Ian Holm

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody been having issues with nether portals not connecting properly in 0.8? I'll have two portals with exactly the same coordinates and they don't link together, each time I go through one portal it creates a random new portal on the other side.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Read just above you :X It's an issue with Enhanced portals. As soon as you remove it the problems stop happening. apparently this is fixed in the version that will be in 0.9, but I'm unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.