Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how there could ever be a 1.5 production pack, unless they lock in the existing 1.5 beta pack with the final versions of the mods in that pack.

I guess i don't expect the Modders to bother with any more updates to 1.5 (or 1.4) as we move into 1.6

And if i remember right- there is STILL a option to run the FTB BETA pack (1.3?)

Ah, I get you. I'm fairly sure a 1.5 pack will consist of the final 1.5 versions of all needed mods, bugs are always going to be an issue on some level. Keep in mind 1.6 only just released, chances are modders will still be working on a 1.5 version (Which seeing as 1.6 was known to be releasing, I'd expect would mostly consist of bugfixing.)

Either way, if Wyld says a 1.5 production pack'll come at some point, I suspect a 1.5 production pack'll come at some point. That's all I'm fussed about.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how there could ever be a 1.5 production pack, unless they lock in the existing 1.5 beta pack with the final versions of the mods in that pack.
Well, that's why they pay them the big bucks... sorta.

They're not gonna have a 1.6 pack for months. No mods for it.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
i think because gregtech is set to easy mode, check gregtech configs and the recipe file its allmost empty as before it had lots of options to edit/change.

Okay, that makes sense. I was wondering why I got 4 ingots of bronze from 3 copper and I tin. I swore I used to get only one ingot in the 0.7 or 0.6 version of the pack but wasn't paying too much attention to the issue.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having problems with auto workbenches and liquiCrafters?

They're supposed to craft whatever their template is with each redstone pulse, and draw from inventories next to them. Yet I can't get them to work with the new redstone clock (pulses once a second) and redstone engines don't acknowledge them (won't point to them, even when wrenched). Not even buttons are working.

I know they worked in 6.0. I'm in 8.0 now.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
My main problem is when I made a nether portal and went to the nether in worked fine, but every single time I come back from the nether it makes a new portal in the middle of my house. I've tried remaking the portal but it doesn't fix it and I have the locations of my portal and the nether one synced -_-

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
That's a normal problem. Sometimes nether portals just don't like to connect to the original when coming back from the nether. Been that way for a long time :(

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I've had it happen once before in a different world. Only "fixed" it by deleting that world and restarting -_-. The fact that it's spawning the new portal two chunks away and 10 blocks higher is just...annoying to say the least.

Reactions: Tyrellan

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
That's a normal problem. Sometimes nether portals just don't like to connect to the original when coming back from the nether. Been that way for a long time :(
No, there's a bug in one of the new mods. I have 2 portals almost literally side-by-side; doing exactly as Daemonblue said.

Best of all - I used to have Portal A and Portal 1 (surface and nether) working fine; But in 0.8 Portal B suddenly appeared (literally 30 blocks away from Portal A) and now Portal A goes to a new portal 2 (which is less than 10 blocks away portal 1) - AND - it sometimes goes to Portal A on the surface; sometimes Portal B.

I suspect it has to do with the room we built around Portal 1 (the nether one). But it's seriously hosed up (and I seem to recall 0.8 added some portal mod...)

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Tyrellan what you'll want to do is break the second portal in the nether, break a ridiculous amount of stone around the first portal so that you're absolutely sure there's no obstruction around it. Go home, break the second portal that formed, and go back in. That should take care of the issue. Seems like since 1.4.2 Nether portals have been real picky about the space around them.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
Tyrellan what you'll want to do is break the second portal in the nether, break a ridiculous amount of stone around the first portal so that you're absolutely sure there's no obstruction around it. Go home, break the second portal that formed, and go back in. That should take care of the issue. Seems like since 1.4.2 Nether portals have been real picky about the space around them.
Thanks. We're debating rerolling; but I'll remember the obstruction part later on. :)

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I swear I saw something on this, but can't find anything now: The beealyzer can't be crafted as shown in NEI right? I've tried the recipe and nada...

EDIT: Well it doesn't matter; they're not useable. They crash the client (gave myself one after giving up on trying to make one)

digitalseraphim

Jul 29, 2019
No, there's a bug in one of the new mods. I have 2 portals almost literally side-by-side; doing exactly as Daemonblue said.

Best of all - I used to have Portal A and Portal 1 (surface and nether) working fine; But in 0.8 Portal B suddenly appeared (literally 30 blocks away from Portal A) and now Portal A goes to a new portal 2 (which is less than 10 blocks away portal 1) - AND - it sometimes goes to Portal A on the surface; sometimes Portal B.

I suspect it has to do with the room we built around Portal 1 (the nether one). But it's seriously hosed up (and I seem to recall 0.8 added some portal mod...)
I was having this issue with 152ngt until I removed "enhanced portals" from the server... as soon as I did that, they started behaving

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not necessarily enhanced portals since it happened in an earlier version of the pack without the mod as well.

As for the beealyzer I didn't have any trouble with it or the analyzer. As for the recipe, you did it in a carpenter and powered it with an engine right? Don't want to sound condescending, just making sure.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's not necessarily enhanced portals since it happened in an earlier version of the pack without the mod as well.

As for the beealyzer I didn't have any trouble with it or the analyzer. As for the recipe, you did it in a carpenter and powered it with an engine right? Don't want to sound condescending, just making sure.
It's NP :) And yeah; I did - are you using 0.8 out of curiosity? We didn't have any problems in 0.7 (as far as I can remember).

So far I've had 2 repeatable crashes: the beealyzer and whatever the black glasses looking thing on powered armor is.

DanBeatYou_xD

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys as most of you are aware you saw Wyld's post (excuse spelling) about 1.5.2 becoming a recommended pack and will become available in the launcher. Anyway he mentioned 1 week when the 0.7 update occurred bout 5 days ago -> does anyone know of when the recommended pack ill occur as the server owner I play on wishes to prepare a world and pre-gen it however if its going change massively [world gen] little unsure so wanted to know when its due and what he could do without it being lost
Thanks Dan

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
03/07/2013 STILL in 1.4.7 the recommended version. This is so .... omg
And this is so... huh? And wow... I didn't know countries out there went day/month/year.... Bizarre. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1372841977][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey guys as most of you are aware you saw Wyld's post (excuse spelling) about 1.5.2 becoming a recommended pack and will become available in the launcher. Anyway he mentioned 1 week when the 0.7 update occurred bout 5 days ago -> does anyone know of when the recommended pack ill occur as the server owner I play on wishes to prepare a world and pre-gen it however if its going change massively [world gen] little unsure so wanted to know when its due and what he could do without it being lost
Thanks Dan
He said about a week after a stable build. 0.8 is anything but stable (in fact it went backwards - so far, 0.7 has been the best). He said he was "going to play today, look at 0.9 tomorrow..." - I don't expect a stable pack anytime very soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.