Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Slow and I are working on finalising 0.7 right now. Expect a release once we're done.

0.7 will *not* be backwards compatible with previous releases, due to a complete range of itemID changes.

0.7 will come with biome mods. They will be disabled by default, just enable them to play. You may need to provide custom world types for them to work.

0.7 will exist for a week, and baring any serious issue, will be pushed through as a FULL SUPPORTED RELEASE and no longer a beta pack.

My personal apologies about all the talk on 0.7; but we've come to the point where this is going to be more than "just" a 1.5.2 beta. As such, we need to spend *further* time, and ensure this is as stable as possible, makes the most sense from a player and server admin point of view, incorporate mod changes, and bring in the final mods we wish to release as part of a true pack.

Step by step, inch by inch.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Good good, this means I probably won't have to do a config for BoP anymore! Hopefully, barring any serious changes (hopefully you've added in TC 1.3.6.1 because of a duping bug in what was rc4) this will be the last update, however as there can always be unforeseen circumstances hoping is all I can do.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
bop, or extra biomes?
I'm sure when he said mods he meant both EBXL and BoP, hence why they would be disabled by default. That's also why he mentioned custom world types (BoP has its on world type, but you can change the config so it wills pawn them in normal worlds).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Slow and I are working on finalising 0.7 right now. Expect a release once we're done.

0.7 will *not* be backwards compatible with previous releases, due to a complete range of itemID changes.

0.7 will come with biome mods. They will be disabled by default, just enable them to play. You may need to provide custom world types for them to work.

0.7 will exist for a week, and baring any serious issue, will be pushed through as a FULL SUPPORTED RELEASE and no longer a beta pack.

My personal apologies about all the talk on 0.7; but we've come to the point where this is going to be more than "just" a 1.5.2 beta. As such, we need to spend *further* time, and ensure this is as stable as possible, makes the most sense from a player and server admin point of view, incorporate mod changes, and bring in the final mods we wish to release as part of a true pack.

Step by step, inch by inch.

I was tweeting with slow and he might, I say again he might, as in he might or might not, release a program that could convert the old worlds into new ones.
But it won't be part of the launcher.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
I was tweeting with slow and he might, I say again he might, as in he might or might not, release a program that could convert the old worlds into new ones.
But it won't be part of the launcher.

Can you provide a quote from your tweet stream, because looking at Slow's tweets and replies, I see nothing of the sort.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
https://twitter.com/Slowpoke101/status/348914254780452864

"There is a program now that can do this, bit of a pain to do but it does work though, We used it on the Yogscast world."
"its not something we can add to the launcher, we could maybe release it for others to use though"

Yah, that's it. And Like I said it's only something he might do. As in. If he wants to. With his spare time.
And it has nothing to do with any responsibilities he might have as part of the FTB team.
It would be a nice bonus. A great gift to us all. One that we would be grateful for.
But one that we should know way criticize him for if he decides not to do it.

Really feel like I need to add disclaimers to this one. A semi-personal twitter conversation hardly seems like the proper place to pull such important information from.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, 11 hours ago. Well, that's why I didn't see it ;)

Yeah, it's potentially possible .. but it's a real arse to do. And that's on top of a supported system that we want to enable via the launcher.

Reactions: Ashzification

Arii1986

Jul 29, 2019
I've kind of got used to playing without a Biomes mod - if I choose to use vanilla terrain will that affect my ability to update in the future?

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, 11 hours ago. Well, that's why I didn't see it ;)

Yeah, it's potentially possible .. but it's a real arse to do. And that's on top of a supported system that we want to enable via the launcher.

Hey Wyld im just wondering you said ''Slow and I are working on finalising 0.7 right now. Expect a release once we're done.''
That was AFTER slow tweeted that the pack is delayed.
So is there ''any'' chance it will come out today? or is today totally from the table.

Vallen_D

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Wyld im just wondering you said ''Slow and I are working on finalising 0.7 right now. Expect a release once we're done.''
That was AFTER slow tweeted that the pack is delayed.
So is there ''any'' chance it will come out today? or is today totally from the table.

Based on when Wyld said that they're working on it (3:11 AM EST) , and when Slow tweeted it's post-pone (2:31 AM EST). I imagine today is still on the table. Unless that there is some implications that they wont be done their work they're working on, today.

Course i have no clue. Just saying.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
It could just mean that they were originally planning on making this next release the full release, but decided to just make it a beta release with plans to make it full later.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping it would be done tonight so I could take my server down before bed; but I'm guessing something happened and it's taking them longer than they expected to finalize it.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Hello

Does this mean that 0,6 worlds will not be compatible with 0,7?

Thanks

From Kehaan

That .. errr .. defines what I said.

--

We are still working on itemID configuration, and a few other surprises. We are not going to rush this through, we are more than aware everyone wants this last week, and it will be released as soon as it's ready.

Normally, communication isn't continued at this sort of point because, we're usually too busy doing the actual work, testing, etc. I'm trying to buck the trend and provide some info as we go, to help keep you folks aware to what's happening.

So, yes. It is happening, it's taking some time, and we're being careful because we want this to shift into becoming more than "just a beta pack".

When ever someone says "thank you for your patience", I just want to stab them. I'm not going to say that, because I don't know if you have any patience, so thanking you for it seems silly. What I will say is, you're not forgotten, we're working hard, and you can expect this to hit very soon and with a bunch of awesome.

Or my name's not Wendy.

Which it isn't.

Wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.