Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
negative.
i tried a "vanilla" server as well as a server with run.bat to see if the problem was RAM.
Doesn't bother me any I was just trying to bugtest lol

The Server still doesn't work. Is there a fix? I tried other servers too. Cant get anything to work except the vanilla exe server from minecraft.net . Could it do with me running java 32 bit on a 64 system?

Tavarnarmo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if it isn't proper thread to problem like this, but if have an issue with Doggy Talents mod. I love this one and tried to adding this to 1.5.2 version of FTB. In 0.2 and 0.3 it worked fine, but 0.4 and 0.5 don't seem to see it. I'm supposed to spawn with a two items of this mod and it isn't happening, recipes from mod also don't work. Do you have any ideas why it look like that?

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
I miss Xycraft ;_; I hope its updated soon.
It would have been ok if you could turn down the spawn rate; it made me want to disable it in 1.4.7. Regardless, my understanding is it's not going to be released for 1.5. From the sounds of things to come (if I remember right) a lot of changes are going to happen with mods for 1.6; making it a lot easier to write mods. (I thought I saw they were developing some sort of API)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
For those who care. If you are having issues running any servers for ftb on windows:

Create a new folder called c:/ftb/server

Place the downloaded jar file there and extract the files into the same folder.

Double click the .bat file.

Enjoy.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
For those who care. If you are having issues running any servers for ftb on windows:

Create a new folder called c:/ftb/server

Place the downloaded jar file there and extract the files into the same folder.

Double click the .bat file.

Enjoy.

Any idea why it seems to work for me doing it your way versus how I did it?
Note: the only difference between yours and mine, I put the Server folder on my desktop

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea why it seems to work for me doing it your way versus how I did it?
Note: the only difference between yours and mine, I put the Server folder on my desktop

I am able to tell you why because Eyamaz told me last night. The desktop is considered temporary storage, and the server program does not like to be run in temporary storage.[DOUBLEPOST=1370886134][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, for anyone looking for a server, look under Server Promotion ---> Other Servers ---> Casual Servers

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I am able to tell you why because Eyamaz told me last night. The desktop is considered temporary storage, and the server program does not like to be run in temporary storage.[DOUBLEPOST=1370886134][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, for anyone looking for a server, look under Server Promotion ---> Other Servers ---> Casual Servers

The desktop is not considered temporary storage. Temporary storage is folders like Downloads and Temporary Internet Files.
The desktop is part of the C drive file path. Example: C:\Users\Adam\Desktop while you can also navigate to it via your Computer Favorites to shorten the file path to just Desktop.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The desktop is not considered temporary storage. Temporary storage is folders like Downloads and Temporary Internet Files.
The desktop is part of the C drive file path. Example: C:\Users\Adam\Desktop while you can also navigate to it via your Computer Favorites to shorten the file path to just Desktop.

It is and isn't. It has to do with the way windows sets up its /users directory. Downloads is also part of this hierarchy. Explicit temp directories are not, but are still part of the root directory. I can run any program from anywhere on my computer due to how I have my permisions set. Most users have issues if they try depending on their windows.

It's easier to just create a new directory under root than under desktop in the /users hierarchy.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
It is and isn't. It has to do with the way windows sets up its /users directory. Downloads is also part of this hierarchy. Explicit temp directories are not, but are still part of the root directory. I can run any program from anywhere on my computer due to how I have my permisions set. Most users have issues if they try depending on their windows.

It's easier to just create a new directory under root than under desktop in the /users hierarchy.
It's one, or it's the other. Computers work on a basis of yes/no, 1/0.
Regardless, the desktop is not temporary storage. If it was, every time I restarted my computer, I would lose anything I had saved only to my desktop.

It can write temporary files, but it is permanent storage.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
i'm going to chalk this whole silly debate thing up as my normal inability to explain things the way i should be able to. its my greatest failing in life. regardless of that, i stand by putting anything in a c:\foldername over a folder on the desktop.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
It's only a little after 6am my time, but I will look into 'safe' ways to add in BoP (with an optional config for reduced but still all the awesome biomes) and *check* on latest Extra Bees. I am using it in my pack, and it seems cool .. but yes, will check once the coffee starts to work ;) Indeed, there are a few I should touch on.

Has BoP been added yet? Or is this waiting for a 0.6 update?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
It hasn't been added yet but a good deal of people use it. The problem was, of course, hitting stuff like berry bushes and getting gregtech items, as well as a few annoying biomes. The former is quite easy to fix while the latter is a preference thing.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
It hasn't been added yet but a good deal of people use it. The problem was, of course, hitting stuff like berry bushes and getting gregtech items, as well as a few annoying biomes. The former is quite easy to fix while the latter is a preference thing.

Yeah, I did try adding it manually, but I'd rather wait for it to be added properly, in case once it's officially added, the ID settings aren't the same as my own.

Ah well, I can wait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.