Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
I hear-by christen this mod pack release as the "Are we there yet?" release. Yeah, the posts on this thread remind me of my kids. And, by the way, get off my lawn!

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
o_OWonder what will happen when there will be 1.6.0 - 1.6.2, again for 1-2 weeks will be updated mods, and only after 2-3 months or 10 - FTB ... A RP generally easier to re-write ... just below 1.7 will just be ...

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
tv who watches tv nowdays
apparently anyone who likes the Xbox One :p
But in all seriousness, there ARE bugs in modpack they're most likely releasing, and I know it. I made a instance with, along other mods, my favorite mods from FTB. There's something on the powersuit that will crash your game BTW. Just so you know, don't add the chestplate's way of getting power.

Reactions: kolikooo1

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
o_OWonder what will happen when there will be 1.6.0 - 1.6.2, again for 1-2 weeks will be updated mods, and only after 2-3 months or 10 - FTB ... A RP generally easier to re-write ... just below 1.7 will just be ...
You can see for yourself that the mods are buggy, they are not in a state that anyone could realistically say they are fit for release IMHO, there are bugs, bugs that will be fixed so why risk breaking stuff that is avoidable?

Also note to some other people: stop with the mini modding I haven't done any moderation on it this time but if it continues I will have to start handing out warning points.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
You can see for yourself that the mods are buggy, they are not in a state that anyone could realistically say they are fit for release IMHO, there are bugs, bugs that will be fixed so why risk breaking stuff that is avoidable?

Also note to some other people: stop with the mini modding I haven't done any moderation on it this time but if it continues I will have to start handing out warning points.
i saw you comment and thought you had great news. darn

Reactions: kolikooo1

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
How do you test the java code? Unit testing? What percentage of the test coverage of code? Yes, I'll tell you - 0. There is not any test from a professional point of view, and what do you ask?
The best testers is a community that you have now.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Captainnana is there a way to have the launcher point to a different location in cases like this where the "primary" is down or not working correctly? I'm not asking to get the pack faster I'm asking because I think having a backup for these situations is a good idea.
Yes yes there is.

Oh, you wanted to actually know how. LOL
FTB launcher. Options> Advanced Options> Download Location

Lukko

Jul 29, 2019
Yes yes there is.

That's the server you would download from. If they're having trouble uploading to those (like in this instance), changing it from automatic does you nothing.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Yes yes there is.

NJM thanks for the info.

Hmmm... seems I didn't ask my question correctly. Let me rephrase. Captainnana, Is it possible for the FTB team to put the modpack in a backup location while they work on fixing the issue with the primary location(s). Thanks to NJM I now know I can pick a location to download a pack. I will assume the locations listed are considered primary and points to the current repo. Is there a backup repo or a way to put the pack in a different location and/or allow us to DL it. Again, not being impatient just throwing an idea out there.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

I personally want to thank the team for not increasing my workload on the help desk.

Not prepared to answer all of the 1.5.x tickets. Even though I've already set up the macro ;)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
NJM thanks for the info.

Hmmm... seems I didn't ask my question correctly. Let me rephrase. Captainnana, Is it possible for the FTB team to put the modpack in a backup location while they work on fixing the issue with the primary location(s). Thanks to NJM I now know I can pick a location to download a pack. I will assume the locations listed are considered primary and points to the current repo. Is there a backup repo or a way to put the pack in a different location and/or allow us to DL it. Again, not being impatient just throwing an idea out there.

That's not going to really work. Can you imagine what would happen if they put it up for download anywhere. The system they have might be able to take it but any other would explode with all the downloads. It will take less time to fix the problem with the system they have than get another system set up that can handle the load.

What I want to know is why this wasn't fixed a long time ago. This sounds like the same problem that's bin blocking the newer Direwolf20 maps from being able to be downloaded. And that's bin a problem for months.

Gamabunta00

Jul 29, 2019
NJM thanks for the info.

I can tell you that its possible, but there are 2 problems with it. 1. Repo's cost money, i mean you cant put something as large and as popular as the FTB Modpack up on mediafire or dropbox and expect it to stay up for long. 2. The upload is fine according to what they said earlier on reddit, but the download from the Repo is having issues. Its not something that anyone but the people running the repo (creeperhost i beleive) can fix. And server hosting company's are notorious for there sluggish customer service so we could be waiting a bit. (that is not so say creeperhost is bad i have no experience with them but if its a network issue they are probably swimming in support requests and they can only work so fast)

*Edit* Judging by the fact that part of there network seems to have been down for almost half a month i would say they are experiencing some major issues. https://www.creeperhost.net/observium.php

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
I can tell you that its possible, but there are 2 problems with it. 1. Repo's cost money, i mean you cant put something as large and as popular as the FTB Modpack up on mediafire or dropbox and expect it to stay up for long. 2. The upload is fine according to what they said earlier on reddit, but the download from the Repo is having issues. Its not something that anyone but the people running the repo (creeperhost i beleive) can fix. And server hosting company's are notorious for there sluggish customer service so we could be waiting a bit. (that is not so say creeperhost is bad i have no experience with them but if its a network issue they are probably swimming in support requests and they can only work so fast)

If it is a host issue then it could literally be days to a week or so waiting on their IT guys because I seriously doubt that the FTB guys are paying for Gold/Plat support as it's not cheap. Looks like I'll check back on Tuesday.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If it is a host issue then it could literally be days to a week or so waiting on their IT guys because I seriously doubt that the FTB guys are paying for Gold/Plat support as it's not cheap. Looks like I'll check back on Tuesday.

But considering the advertizing hosting FTB provides them they should be working heavily on it.

silver593

Jul 29, 2019

Agreed, my brother and I have already downloaded and installed every mod for 1.5.2 except xycraft and redpower and the tinkers construct NEI plugins and there are some noticeable crashes with ars magicka.

Status
Not open for further replies.