Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
Why do we need an alternative, we need open source redpower, I think in the community there is a lot of people are able to upgrade and Fixed bugs. I have been programming professionally for about 7 years, I have a couple of projects from 30 to 200 megabytes of source code, and then update them every week ...

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
Do not get me wrong but wherein such complexity transition to a new version Minecraft or Forge to me as a developer it is not absolutely clear. So much is changing API? I think not, then what is?

I'm from Russia so badly write in English.:D

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
Not this redpower thing again. You guys are missing the point. All these others modders are bringing new and fresh ideas. Applied Energistics, Railcraft, Gregtech, Thermal Expansion, and Forestry are just a few of the mods bringing such an in-depth and enjoyable gaming experience. Why are we wasting our time on a mod thats been in maintenance mode for so long?

Kein

Jul 29, 2019
Not this redpower thing again. You guys are missing the point. All these others modders are bringing new and fresh ideas. Applied Energistics, Railcraft, Gregtech, Thermal Expansion, and Forestry are just a few of the mods bringing such an in-depth and enjoyable gaming experience. Why are we wasting our time on a mod thats been in maintenance mode for so long?
Frames,tubes,relay, deployer and filters!

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
I will miss the microblock variety. Yes, the redpower microblocks are not the most compatible with other mods, the immibis one does a better job, but it is just the sheer range of different types of microblocks that you can have is what I will miss. I have never really messed with frames, hate blutricity, avoid redstone complexity as far as possible.
The thing that I will miss the most, however, is the project table, I could not live without it, and having to switch to a new mod with an unstable alternative is not the way that I had intended to go.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I will miss the microblock variety. Yes, the redpower microblocks are not the most compatible with other mods, the immibis one does a better job, but it is just the sheer range of different types of microblocks that you can have is what I will miss. I have never really messed with frames, hate blutricity, avoid redstone complexity as far as possible.
The thing that I will miss the most, however, is the project table, I could not live without it, and having to switch to a new mod with an unstable alternative is not the way that I had intended to go.
WAIT, the project table is in RP2?! NOOOOOOOOOO. I guess I can give the fabricator a try. I guess. *sob

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
WAIT, the project table is in RP2?! NOOOOOOOOOO. I guess I can give the fabricator a try. I guess. *sob
The mod that you can/could use as an alternative is the Project Bench mod, it is supposed to be effectively the same, only you can mount a model of the item you are creating on top of the bench to show what it is there for, but yeah, I will really miss the project table. *Queue minutes silence*

YasukiHumai

Jul 29, 2019
I love the fabricator. On our world reset I decided to go without any RP2 to see how I could do without it. I am glad I did. I have learned more about the other mods and I am happy with my results.

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
There's a mod out there that adds JUST a project table based on RP2s. I forget the name.

And there's an item to upgrade existing crafting tables INTO project tables.

silver593

Jul 29, 2019
We now think we have found the issue and we are working on getting it fixed right now, it appears our file validation system to ensure that files aren't tapered with is currently not updating for new files so the file upload system is down, we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks for the info! Quick question, will the 1.5 update be applied to the direwolf20 pack and ultimate pack or is it going to be released as a private pack that we need to enter a code for?

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info! Quick question, will the 1.5 update be applied to the direwolf20 pack and ultimate pack or is it going to be released as a private pack that we need to enter a code for?
I think it will be a separate pack called 1.5x

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update captainnana. Are you talking about the 1.5 packs, or the 1.4.7 1.1.0 recommended, or both?
Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting the 1.4.7. Why has it taken so long to get the 1.4.7 1.1 out? Is it that the mod makers have only recently updated to their own final 1.4.7, or more that FTB modders decided to put 1.5.x at a higher priority in their work?

Status
Not open for further replies.